The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM is a prime lens that was introduced by Canon in 1990. It has a focal length of 35mm, which is equivalent to a 56mm lens on a full-frame camera. The lens has an aperture range of f/1.4-22 and it features a ring-type ultrasonic motor for quiet autofocus. The lens is also weather-sealed and has a built-in hood.
Which Are The Best 35Mm Lens For Canon From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best 35Mm Lens For Canon You Should Consider In 2022
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- Compatible with EOS R series cameras
- Mounting type: Canon RF
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
- Minimum focusing distance 28 cm/ 11.0 in. USB Dock compatible, MC-11 compatible.
- Available in Canon EF (EF-S), Sony Alpha (dot), Nikon f (DX) mounts
- 0.23 optical Zoom
- View-angle Coverate：Diagonal 63 Degree/Vertical 38 Degree/Horizontal 54 Degree.
- Lens structure: 5 sets, 7 pieces
- Minimum aperture: f/22, minimum focusing distance: 0. 25M/ 0. 8ft, maximum magnification: 0. 23x.
- Filter Diameter / Quantity Available: 52mm / 1, Maximum Diameter and Length: 73*59mm.
- Support Auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 35mm 1:2
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 63 Degree
- Rear focusing system with USM focus adjustment
- Closest focusing distance: 0.24m/0.79 ft,Focal Length : 35mm Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 56 mm.Lens Construction:10 elements in 8 groups
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.92 ft./0.28m. Increased maximum magnification (0.21x) help expand the range of expression, especially when capturing close-up subjects
- Filter Size: 2.8 in./72mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.2 x 4.2 in., approx. 26.8 oz. / 80.4 x 105.5mm, approx. 760g
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- Inlcudes 2 High quality plastic center pinch lens cap + 2 Universal elastic lens cap keeper.
- The lens cap protects your lens from scratches, fingerprints and the elements when the lens is not in use. While the lens cap keeper prevents loss of your lens cap.
- Easy to use: Simply pinch the center to quickly attach to the front of your camera lens, as to the lens cap keeper, attached with the 3M adhesive pad or loop through the cap attachment hole
- Compatible with any lenses with 72mm lens thread size, Please note your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel such as Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens,Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens,Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens,Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM Lens,Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens,Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens,Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS Lens,Fujifilm XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens,etc.
- Replaces Canon E-72 II lens cap or 72mm lens cap from other brands
- High image quality and bright f/2.8 wide-angle zoom RF L lens
- Optical image stabilization of up to 5 Stops of shake correction
- High speed, smooth and quiet auto focus with Nano USM
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.92 ft./0.28M
- Control ring for direct setting changes
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode. Help provide excellent color balance
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- 77mm Lens Cap fits many cameras: Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Sigma, Vivitar, and others!
- Protect your valuable lenses from scratches and dirt
- Very handy item to keep in your gear bag - always have a spare!
- This Kit includes: Lens Cap + Cap Keeper + Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
What To Look For Choosing The Best 35Mm Lens For Canon
Before choosing a 35mm lens for canon, you should take the following considerations into account.
Before buying a 35mm lens for your Canon camera, it is important to understand the basics of the system. Canon cameras use a “full-frame” sensor, which means that all 35mm lenses will fit without modification. The format is also used by Nikon and other manufacturers. When choosing a lens, it is important to consider the type of photography you plan to do. A wide-angle lens will give you a broader perspective while a telephoto lens will allow you to get closer to your subject. Many people also prefer prime lenses over zoom lenses, as they offer better image quality and are simpler to use. Once you have chosen your desired focal length and type of lens, it is important to compare prices and specifications before making a purchase.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Canon 35Mm Lens Good For?
Canon 35mm lens is a great choice for photography enthusiasts who are looking for a wide-angle lens. It can provide great detail and clarity when capturing landscapes, architecture, and other photos with a wide perspective.
Does Canon Have A 35Mm Lens?
Canon does have a 35mm lens.
What Do You Use A 35Mm Lens For?
A 35mm lens is used for photographing people, landscapes and architecture.
Can I Use A 35Mm Lens On A Dslr?
Yes, you can use a 35mm lens on a DSLR.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on your needs and shooting style. However, some of the best 35mm lenses for canon include the Canon EF 35mm f/2.0L II USM and the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM. Both of these lenses offer great optical performance and are perfect for capturing sharp images with accurate colors.