There are many 50mm lenses available for the Nikon system, but which is the best? That depends on what you’re looking for in a lens.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best 50mm lens for nikon and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best 50Mm Lens For Nikon People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135) format is 47 degree and the maximum reproduction ratio is 0.15X
- Focal length 50 millimeter, minimum focus distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with aspherical lens element, exclusive Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- M/a focus mode switch, filter thread 58 millimeter, autofocus: Yes. Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera lens mounting flange): Approximately 2.83 inches diameter x 2.01 inches
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both fx and dx format d SLRS
- Lens not zoomable
- Fast 50mm prime for Z Mirrorless cameras
- Uncanny f/1.8 performance, extreme sharpness and virtually zero distortion
- New ultra-quiet stepping motor for silent focusing
- Beautiful bokeh and superior Low-light performance
- 5-Axis Dual detect optical VR powered by Z cameras
- Compact, lightweight and slim unibody (monocoque) body design with tilting Vari angle LCD display
- Also compatible with F Mount NIKKOR Lenses using the FTZ Mount Adapter (sold separately)
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses and have an autofocus motor.
- NOTE: THIS LENS WILL NOT AUTOFOCUS with D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D40, D40X AND D60. These cameras will only allow for manual focus with AF-D type lenses.
- Focal Length : 50 mm (FX), 75mm (DX)
- Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- High-speed normal lens Great for travel and for shooting full-length portraits in available light
- Distortion-free images with superb resolution and color rendition, Provides high-contrast images even at maximum aperture
- Format Compatibility: Nikon FX/35mm Film and Nikon DX
- Autofocus operation with this lens is possible with Nikon autofocus cameras (except the F3AF); manual focus possible via separate focusing ring with all Nikon SLRs.
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
- 【Replace HB-90A and HB-90 Lens Hood】:Compatible with Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens and Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens.
- 【EASY TO USE】:Easy to install, connect the hood directly to the lens through bayonet.Allows putting on a Ф62mm filter and a Ф62mm lens cap.
- 【SHOCKPROOF】:Accidental collision, which can reduce the damage of the lens, and provide extra protection for your lens.Whether shooting in the light, backlight, night, etc., can effectively reduce the effect of stray light on the image, improve clarity.
- 【REVERSIBLE】:The lens hood can be reversed on the lens to reduce space and facilitate storage and carrying of the camera.
- 【MATERIAL】:Made of high quality ABS material, Light and Durable.
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- Lens not zoomable
- Lens not zoomable
- Focal Length : 50 mm, Minimum Focus Distance - 1.5 ft.( 0.45 m)
- FX in DX Crop Mode 35mm Film. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 6/5
- Note: Autofocus is not supported by D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, and D5600 cameras--lens may be used with manual focus only. Be sure to check your camera's lens-compatibility information before selecting a new lens.
- 50mm lens with extraordinary rendering power across the entire frame.
- Vast f/1.2 maximum aperture.
- Breakthrough autofocus.
- Great for studio, street, wedding photography and portraits. Weatherproof build.
- Compatible with all Nikon Z series mirrorless cameras.
What To Look For Before Buying Best 50Mm Lens For Nikon
Before choosing a 50mm lens for nikon, you should take the following considerations into account.
There are many factors to consider when purchasing the best 50mm lens for your Nikon camera. Here is a buying guide to help you make an informed decision. 1. What type of photography do you plan on doing? Aperture priority (aperture) lenses are good for shooting in automatic mode, as they allow you to set the aperture and let the camera decide how much light to let in. Aperture priority lenses are also good for beginners, as they are easier to use than manual mode. If you plan on shooting in manual mode, you’ll need a lens with a manual aperture ring. 2. What size sensor is your Nikon camera? Most 50mm lenses for Nikon cameras have a focal length of 50mm. Lenses that have a wider focal length (e.g., 55mm) will not work on cameras with a smaller sensor (e.g., DX Format). Additionally, some lenses have a shorter focal length (e.g., 24mm) that will not work on cameras with a longer sensor (e.g., FX Format). Make sure to check the specs of the lens you’re interested in before making your purchase. 3. How fast do you want
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Nikon 50Mm Lens Good For?
The Nikon 50mm lens is good for general photography.
What Can I Photograph With A 50Mm Lens?
A 50mm lens can be used to photograph landscapes, cityscapes, and portraits.
What Is A 50Mm Lense Used For?
A 50mm lense is typically used for photography, as it has a wide field of view. This allows for more in-focus photos, as well as a wider perspective when taking a photo.
What Is Difference Between Nikkor 50Mm 1.8 G And 1.8 D?
The Nikkor 50mm 1.8 g is a digital lens with a focal length of 50mm. It has a maximum aperture of f/1.8 and is equipped with an image sensor that offers high resolution and low noise levels. The Nikkor 50mm 1.8 D is a manual lens with a focal length of 50mm and a maximum aperture of f/2.0. It also has a built-in focus motor, so it is faster to focus than other lenses in its class.
The best 50mm lens for Nikon is the Nikon 50mm F1.4G. It is a versatile lens that can be used for a variety of shooting situations. It offers high quality images and is perfect for everyday photography.