Pulmonary fibrosis is a condition where the lungs become scarred and stiff. This makes it hard to breathe. There is no cure for pulmonary fibrosis, but there are treatments that can help make it easier to breathe. One of these treatments is using an air purifier.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best air purifier for pulmonary fibrosis and choose the one you like the most.
Top 10 Best Air Purifier For Pulmonary Fibrosis You Should Go For In 2022
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.). Air Flow Control: 5 Stages (Auto / 1 / 2 /3 / Eco)
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
- Filter replacement indicator checks both Pre-filter and HEPA filter respectively to let users be aware of when to wash or replace the filter.
- 77 W power consumption and quiet operation with noise level ranging from 24.4 dB to 53.8 dB.
- Limited manufacturer's warranty covers any internal/functional parts for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 3 years. Filters are excluded.
- Won the Best Air Purifier of 2018 at Wirecutter and ranked 1st place at the TopTenReviews.
- Efficient H13 Purification: Equip with H13 True HEPA Filter and high-efficiency filter system, our air purifier CADR up to 300+ (m³/h) and it can easily filter particles as small as 0.3 microns in the air, such as dust, smoke, pollen, hair, and odor. Turn on the high-efficiency air purifier, it can refresh air per hour for a room as large as 1095 sq ft / 100 m², and you can enjoy a new comfortable air environment every moment of the day.
- Second Treatment Air: H13 filtration only captures 99.97% of 0.3 microns, 0.03% of 0.3 microns particles and substances smaller than 0.3 microns are still emitted into the air. Our original UV treatment technology can purify the air twice. Compared to other air purifiers, we do a more thorough purification of the air while keeping you healthy. (Tips: UV function is off by default, turn it on to enjoy a healthier life.)
- Feel The Air Change: Are you still worrying about not knowing the surrounding air quality? Our air purifier with a built-in dust sensor will be a good choice. When the air purifier is in auto mode, the air quality indicator will turn yellow or red if the surrounding air becomes cloudy, the fan will speed up to clean the air faster. Grasp the current air condition and "touch" the healthy.
- Your Silent Companion: Choose the sleep mode, enjoy a quiet night, and even forget the existence of the air purifier. The fan of our air purifier runs with low noise and low speed, and all the indicators will turn off. It will not disturb your sweet sleep, and even a light sleep baby can enjoy the comfortable air in the quiet night.
- Convenient Filter Replacements: Unlike other air purifiers, this air purifier is very easy to replace the filter element. Grab the rope on the side, open the filter cover, and easily take out or replace the filter inside. We recommend that you replace the air filter every 3-6 months to ensure the purification effect. (Tips: To ensure the effectiveness of the product, we recommend that you use the official filter).
- 【Effective 3-Part Filtration System & Certified】 The pre-filter, H13 true HEPA filter, and high-efficiency activated carbon filter removes 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0. 3 microns, our air purifier for home trapping dust, pollen, smoke, cooking odor or pet odor, pet dander, wildfires, mold, VOCs, and allergies. Energy Star certified and available for California.
- 【Sleep Mode & Display Off】 In sleep mode the fan is blowing less than when it’s on the lowest regular setting, the HEPA air purifier is running with the lowest noise level 24.5dB to help you sleep deeply. If you are a light-sensitive sleeper, the display light can be turned off completely to help you enjoy a perfect night of sleep.
- 【Smart Filter Reminder & PM2.5 Air Quality Monitor】 Our ozone-free air purifier is easy to remember when to change the filters with a built-in filter lifetime indicator, we recommend replacing the air filters every 2,500-3,000 hours depending on the air quality and frequency of using the odor eliminators (Please search C350-RF to get filter replacements). It’s also easy to know your room's current air quality with a PM2.5 sensor.
- 【Auto Mode & Timer Setting & Kid Friendly】 In auto mode, the smart air purifier adjusts the fan speed based on your indoor air quality. You can also leave the smoke eater run all the time or set a timer for 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours to save energy. Long press the lock button for 3 seconds to prevents kids or your pets from tampering with any of the other buttons or settings.
- 【5 Fan Speeds and Large Coverage】 Our air cleaner allows you to choose a suitable speed from Ⅰ to Ⅴ based on indoor air quality and space, suitable rooms up to 226ft² (22m²) with CADR rating of 250m³/h, create cleaner, healthier air for your living room, bedroom, office, basement and kitchen. Please remove the plastic package before use.
- Efficient Particle Filtration: AROEVE air purifier uses H13 HEPA filter, which can effectively filter any particles larger than 0.3 microns, such as Smoke, Pollen, Dander, Hair, Smell. no need to worry about any air quality problems anymore, just turn on the product and enjoy a healthy life.
- High Circulation Rate: The purifier adopts dual-channel technology and 360-degree air outlet, refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 215 ft² / 20 m²cover. No corner is left untouched, we will guard your health.
- Low Decibel Operation: Turn on the sleep mode of the purifier and the fan will be reduced to the lowest speed. You won't hear any sound anymore, but the purifier is really working. Filtered air noise is as low as 22db, perfect for a quiet and soothing indoor environment.
- Enjoy Fragrant Air: Take out the aroma pad below the purifier air outlet and add 4-5 drops of your favorite essential oil (Not Included). With the flow of the fresh air, the fragrance will follow it to circulate to every corner of your room. The air that the family breathes is not only healthy and comfortable but also fragrant.
- Notice: Our machines are set up with a 2000 hour cartridge replacement reminder, the red indicator light will turn on when the purifier has been in use for more than 2000 hours. For the health of you and your family, we recommend that you replace the filter cartridge once every 3-6 months.
- True Hepa Replacement Filter - Compatible with InvisiClean Claro IC-4524 Air Purifier
- Reduces 99.989% of dust, pet dander, mold spores, odors, and more up to 0.3 microns in size
- True HEPA filter and activated charcoal prefilter included. Please clean or replace prefilter monthly for longer filter life.
- Filter usually needs to be replaced every 6-12 months depending on usage and environment. While the unit is on, press the filter reset button for 5 seconds to reset the replace filter indicator light.
- OZONE FREE: Our most popular air purifier series is back with an all-new smart model. Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, which is especially harmful for Asthma sufferers and pets
- GENUINE REPLACEMENT FILTERS: For the best performance and longest lifespan, use genuine Levoit replacement filters. Use the in-app feature to monitor your filter life. When it’s time for a fresh filter, search “Core 200S-RF”
- EFFECTIVE PURIFICATION: The compact frame and 360° design help the Core 200S purify the air wherever you put it, refreshing the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 183 ft² / 17 m². The optimal air cleaning performance can only be delivered by powerful motors installed on products over 6 pounds
- IMPROVED FILTRATION: While the ultra-fine Nylon Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture large particles and absorb odors and fumes, the H13 True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants 0.3 microns in size, ridding your environment of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and more
- QUIET OPERATION: With noise levels as low as 24dB, the Core 200S cleans your air without keeping you up at night. For a completely uninterrupted sleep, turn off all lights with the Display Off button
- ACCESS ANYWHERE: With the VeSync app, you can control your smart air purifier from anywhere. Adjust settings while you’re in the other room, at the office, or out walking the dog
- VOICE CONTROL: The Core 200S is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can use your air purifier without having to lift a finger
- SET SCHEDULES: Using the VeSync app, you can program timers or create customized schedules so you’ll always have fresh air exactly when you want it
- EASY SETUP: To get started, simply turn on the Core 200S and open the VeSync app. There you’ll find easy instructions to connect your air purifier. Once setup is complete, you’ll be able to control the air purifier with your smartphone or the display panel
- FULLY CERTIFIED: The Core 200S has been thoroughly tested for safe performance. It is ETL Listed, FCC Certified, CARB Certified, and compliant with California’s strict standards for indoor cleaning devices. Note: Power Supply: AC 120V/60Hz (Only applies to the USA and Canada.)
- Compact, high quality break-resistant plastic, 3-ball inhaling breath measurement system
- Solid, non-shaky Construction; Removal bottom for thorough cleaning and hygiene maintenance
- Deep Breathing Exerciser for comprehensive respiratory fitness - 3 chambers for differing inhalation rates from 600cc/sec to 1200 cc/ sec
- Helps achieve optimum lung capacity and restoring disrupted breathing patterns
- Complete Instructions Provided; See video in images alongside; Ball Colors may vary
- 【Advanced 3 stages Filter System】 Imported true HEPA and high-efficiency activated carbon filter powerful enough to clean filters parti-cles as small as 0.3 micron and PM2.5. Like pet dander, dust, pol-len, odor etc. Effectively improving indoor air quality and freely enjoying fresh air at home.
- 【Air purifier with Aromatherapy Design 】Add a few drops of essential oil (Not Included) to the aroma pad under the air outlet, the aroma will diffuse throughout the room with the air movement. Gentle fragrance helps you relax, focus, energize, and sleep.
- 【Silent and Undisturbed Air Cleaner】 Keeping optimizing airduct structure to reduce noise levels. Air purifier for bedroom run as near-silent 28dB at low speed. Display light can be turned off to enjoy a deep night of sleep without the effect of light. Perfect for the restful and soothing indoor environment. Lock set to avoid error operation by pet and kids.
- 【Sleek Design Fits Any-room】3 fan speed levels, effective area 107sqft/ 10m², suitable for bedroom, living room and office. Modern Classic black finish help your HEPA air purifier fit anywhere in your home and blending in with your decor.
- 【Note for Replacement Filters】It's recommend replacing filter every 3-6 months according to the air quality in your area and the usage of the air purifier to ensure the best results. Air purifier for dust comes with a filter replacement reminder. Search“bs-03 filter” to get replacement.
- 100% OZONE-FREE: The Vital 100 is completely ozone free and never uses UV-C light, which the research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: With a CADR of 130 CFM/ 221 m3/h, the Vital 100 is perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens. Covers 300 ft²/ 28 m² in only 18 minutes. (Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance)
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Comes equipped with a washable pre-filter for large particles like lint and fur, a High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter for toxic fumes and unpleasant odors, and an H13 True HEPA Filter, which captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size.
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: With noise levels as low as 23 decibels, the Vital 100 won’t keep you up at night. You can also turn off the display lights when it’s time for bed.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Set a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours whenever you like. The Check Filter Indicator will let you know when it’s time for a fresh filter.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: It only costs dollar 1.66 a week to run the Vital 100 24/7 , allowing you to use it all day during times of high pollution, like wildfire season.
- EASY TO PLACE: The compact design and top-facing air vents let you place the Vital 100 near walls or in the corner of a room.
- FILTER REPLACEMENTS: Depending on usage, the filters should be replaced every 6–8 months. You can buy new filters by searching "B08BC5V6ZF" and "B085C22XWC". Remove the plastic wrap before installing a new filter.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Air Purifier For Pulmonary Fibrosis
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best air purifier for pulmonary fibrosis that meets your needs.
When buying an air purifier for pulmonary fibrosis, it is important to consider the specific needs of the person with pulmonary fibrosis. Some factors to consider include: how much dust and pollen the person is exposed to on a daily basis, how often they need to change filters, and whether or not the air purifier has any noise Compliments of “The Sleep Judge” episode about snoring.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Does An Air Purifier Help With Pulmonary Fibrosis?
There is limited scientific evidence to support the use of air purifiers for pulmonary fibrosis. However, many people with pulmonary fibrosis believe that using an air purifier may improve their symptoms.
Are Air Purifiers Good For Lungs?
Air purifiers are good for the lungs because they remove harmful particles from the air. Additionally, air purifiers can also help to keep your home free of unhealthy chemicals and smoke.
What Is The Best Air Purifier For Lung Disease?
There is no one definitive answer to this question as there are many different types of air purifiers that can be effective for different types of lung disease. Some of the most popular air purifiers for lung disease include those that use activated carbon filters, ozone generators, and electronic air purifiers. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to find the best air purifier for your specific situation.
Is A Humidifier Good For Pulmonary Fibrosis?
The scientific literature on humidifiers is inconclusive when it comes to whether or not they are good for pulmonary fibrosis. However, there is evidence that those who use humidifiers may be at a higher risk for developing the condition.
There is no single “best” air purifier for pulmonary fibrosis, as the best option will vary depending on the specific symptoms and severity of the condition. Some factors to consider include the size of the room, type of air purifier, noise levels, and overall comfort.