Bench vises are one of the most important tools in any workshop. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, but all serve the same purpose: to hold your workpiece securely while you’re working on it. A good bench vise can be a real lifesaver, especially when you’re trying to do something fiddly and need both hands free.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
Top 10 Best Bench Vises You Should Go For In 2022
- Quick Setup: Indexed at 30 degree increments for quick set up.
- Strong Grip: Replaceable hardened steel jaws with a serrated pattern ensure grip and a long life.
- 360-Degree Rotating Head: Can clamp material at any angle
- Lifetime Warranty: Product is built to last. Wilton warrants every product they sell against manufacturers’ defects.
- Versatile Clamping: Built-in pipe jaws and V-jaw easily hold round objects vertically.
- Toe-in toward top jaws helps ensure firm grip on workpiece
- Square body seating for easy under-bench mounting
- Provision for installing wooden cheeks to protect work pieces
- 4-1/2" jaw capacity perfect for light duty woodworking tasks
- Crated of forged iron for long-lasting durability
- Jaw width:125mm(5"), Opening: 125mm(5"), Throat Depth: 67mm(2.6"), Clamp force: at least 5500lbs
- More Durable and Sturdy: Material updated, stationary body and floating body are all made from high strength ductile iron, PSI 60,000
- Multifunctional: Mounting vise on the workbench, then you could do the work of grinding, cutting, and etc. Tapping work can also be done on the anvil of bench vise
- Great for clamping and fixing workpiece: Higher clamping force; Longer opening; Bigger anvil; Deeper throat depth; Wider jaw; Round workpiece clamping; Microgroove tooth space for better grip; 360 degree swivel base providing unlimited clamping space
- Perfect Dual-Purpose Vises: This 5" vise is suitable for both industrial and DIY home use. The front jaw can be rotated by 360 degree, more convenient for clamping works
- Home Work Shop Vise, Woodworking, Assembly, General Maintenance
- Jaw Width: 4-1/2" (11.4Cm) X Jaw Opening: 3" (7.6Cm) X Throat Depth: 2.4" (6.1Cm)
- Holds 0. 6" D To 1. 85" D Pipes And Tubes (1. 5Cm X 4. 7Cm)
- 30, 000 Psi Cast Iron Construction, Blue Power Coat Finish
- Clamp Force: 4, 050 Lbs. And Torque Rating: 95 Ft-Lb
- Jaw Width: 5. 5" X Jaw Opening: 5" X Throat Depth: 3. 25"
- Pipe Capacity: 1/8" X 2. 5" Diameter, Pipe Jaws Are Cast-In Place
- 360-Degree Interlocking (Geared) Swivel Base With (2) Lock Downs Adjusts The Direction Of The Jaws For Proper Placement
- Built to Last: Heavy-duty 30,000 PSI gray iron casting
- Quick and Easy Positioning: 360° swivel base with double lockdowns
- Versatile Clamping: Built-in pipe jaws handle various pipe sizes
- Large Anvil Work Surface: Accommodates a wide range of striking needs
- Wilton Tools Guarantee: Backed by Wilton's industry-leading limited lifetime warranty
- Casting Clamp Force: 7,000 Lbs. And Torque Rating: 165 Ft-Lb
- Durable Rotating Head Constructed In 60,000 Psi Ductile Iron, Stationary Body Cast In 30,000 Psi Cast (Grey) Iron
- Jaw Width: 5" (12.7Cm) X Jaw Opening: 4-7/8" (12.4Cm) X Throat Depth: 3" (7.6Cm) X Pipe Capacity: 0.5"D X 2.5"D (1.3 X 6.4Cm)
- 360 Degrees Rotating Head For Clamping Material At Any Angle
- Multi-Jaw Function - The Multi-Jaw can fit flat material and pipe or tube work you have. The jaws are anti-slipping, meaning no slipping, no scratching and no injuries from wayward tools.
- Strong Iron Construction - The 4-1/2" vise bench has an industrial strength gray iron construction and is best suited to be used and to take one hell of a beating.
- Very Stable Bench Vise - It is so easy to install on your bench, so simple in fact that any idiot could do it. It is strong and stable and perfect for home bench use or for small workshops. It is perfect for small projects and is highly adept at securing tools for sharpening and such.
- Swivel Feature - The jaws are a fantastic 240 degree swivel design. It also features a swivel base, and allows an ever greater degree of accuracy while you are working with a hand tool as there is no need to keep inserting and removing the piece you are working on.
- Large Anvil Area - The strong design comes in even handier when you take the anvil-back into consideration. Throat Depth: 2-11/32 inch(5.9cm), Jaw Opening: 4-1/4 inch(11.1cm), Jaw Width: 4.5 inch(11.4cm). Creates up to 2204 lbs. of clamping force
- 360 Degrees Rotation - The head of the vise can be rotated by 360 degrees for extra versatility, and the swivel base of the vise allows for optimal work placement and flexibility.
- Sufficient Clamping Capacity - The built-in jaws are grooved for enhanced grip and allow for easy clamping of pipe and other rounded material.
- Heavy-Duty Construction - Made of ductile iron which increases the durability and longevity, this table vise is designed to be used in a tough environment.
- Precision & Hardness - Polishing lead screw and guide rail are upgraded to achieve high precision and high hardness. The workbench vise can clamp and tighten quickly and smoothly after precise grinding.
- Multifunctional Application - Widely used in the industry or household. Mounting vise on the workbench, then you could do the work of grinding, clamping, and fixing, etc.
- Extreme-Duty Casting Clamp force: 13,400 lbs. and Torque rating: 316 Ft-Lb
- Made from heavy duty 65, 000 PSI Ductile Iron castings, 3x stronger than cast iron vises
- Jaw Width: 5" (12.7CM) x Jaw Opening: 5" (12.7CM) x Throat Depth: 4" (10.2CM) x Pipe Capacity: 0.125”D x 3.5"D (0.32CM x 8.9CM)
- Vise head rotates 360° with respect to the vertical, locking at every 30° or (12) twelve different locking positions and equipped with a large 3.5" x 2.7" (8.9CM X 6.9CM) anvil work surface;
- 360-degree interlocking (geared) swivel base with (2) lock downs adjusts the direction of the jaws for proper placement.No-pinch main screw handle
- Machined Q235 steel main screw 0. 75"D with rolled single acme threads at 4 threads per inch
- Replaceable Hardened Steel Serrated (Top) Jaws and EXCLUSIVE SELF-ALIGNING Pipe Jaws
- 0.51"D x 9. 5" (1.3CM x 24.1CM) Long handle with rubber bumpers
- Base mounting tabs: (4) x 9/16"D (14MM), mounting hardware not included.
- Warranty: Castings – 3 years
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Bench Vises
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best bench vises that meets your needs.
There is no one definitive buying guide for bench vises. Some people prefer to buy them through a shop, while others prefer to find a good source of supplies. That being said, here are some general tips for finding the best bench vises: 1. Consider the size of the lamp. When looking for a specific bench viser, consider the size of the lamp and the total area of the viser. 2. Consider the surface angle of the viser.choes have a developing or “”bonding”,” process which makes them NIKE capable. So if one wants a piece of art with a low surface-to-area rate, they may prefer Benchmade’s even-angled visers. 3. Consider the type ofVisor. Benchmade offers three different types of Visor: P
Bench vises are a type of visage that are used to adjust the height of an exercise bench. They can be used to improve grip and balance as well as reduce weight.