A shutter release cord is a cable that attaches to the camera and allows the photographer to remotely trigger the shutter. This can be helpful in preventing camera shake, especially when using a tripod. There are many different types of shutter release cords available, each with its own set of features. Some cords have a delay feature which allows you to take a series of photos in quick succession, while others have an automatic shutoff feature that ends the photo session after a certain amount of time.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Camera Shutter Release Cords You Should Consider In 2022
- Control autofocus and shutter triggering, Capture images without shaking camera
- Ideal for bulb exposures, super telephoto shots and macro photography
- Handy for taking pictures of subjects that are difficult to approach
- 2.3 ft (70cm) long camera connection cable + 4.3 ft (130cm) long extension cable
- It fits for Canon EOS Rebel T7(1500D),Rebel T6(1300D),Rebel T5(1200D),T3(1100D),T3i(600D),T4i(650D),T5i(700D),T6i(750D),T6s(760D), T7i(800D), T8i(850D), SL1(100D), SL2(200D), SL3(250D),XS(1000D), EOS70D,77D,80D, EOS RP, R, R6, R6 Mark II, R7, R10, M6, M6 Mark II, M5 and Other Cameras with Sub Mini Connection, Replaces Canon RS-60E3 remote
- 20' Air Shutter Release
- Features spiral storage reel
- Vinyl coated to protect surfaces
- Fits most legacy cameras which accept a standard release
- Air Operated
- Camera remote control shuttle release cable for Nikon;
- Stretchable spiral coiled cord, easy to use and carry;
- Applicable Model: Nikon D8 D7 D3 D3S D4 D3S D3X D3 D2 N9S F5 F6 F1 F9 F9X D4S;
- Cable Length (Not Stretched): 11.8" / 3 cm;
- Connectors: 2.5mm Plug to N1 1 Pin Plug.
- Compatible with: Canon EOS : PowershotG10,G11,G12,G15, G16,G1X,G1XII,SX50 HS,SX60 HS 1300D,1200D,1100D,1000D,760D,750D,700D,650D,600D,550D,500D,450D,400D,350D,300D,200D,100D,,80D,77D,70D,60D,3000,300V,300,50,50E,33,30,T7i,T6i,M6,M5; Pentax K-5, K-5IIs, K-7,K-30, K-50, K10D, K20D, k70, K110D, K200D,*ist Ds2, *ist D, *ist Ds, *ist, *ist DL, *ist DL2; Samsung GX-1L,GX-1S,GX-10,GX20,NX100,NX11,NX10,NX5; Contax:645,N1,NX,N DigitalHassleblad: H series
- Stretchable spiral coiled cord, easy to use and carry
- Connects Remote Trigger to Camera , 2.5mm Jack TRS-TRS
- Lenght is 15 cm and stretches up to 75 cm .
- Package : 1 PCS
- Wired remote for Nikon D90 and D5000 digital SLR cameras
- Replicates functions of the camera's shutter button
- Offers immediate shutter release and shutter lock for long exposures
- Connects Miops Trigger to Camera
- Connectors: 2.5mm Plug to C1 with 2.5mm Sub-Mini Connections
- Stretchable, spiral coiled cord. Easy to use and carry
- 13-inch coiled cable stretches to approximately Max 34-inch
- 1-Year Warranty
- 50cm in tiled length and 80cm long after being stretched
- Can give you a longer control distance for group photo, selfie, etc
- It's perfectly match to your camera and doesn't affect any function of wireless remote control
- Able to remove vibration while taking pictures
- Applicable for Nikon 7100, D7200, D7000, D5100, D5000, D3200, D3100, D90, Df, D750, D610, D600, D7100, D7000, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100
- For any camera features a Threaded shutter release button
- Vibration-free shutter release
- Bulb-lock design for long exposures
- Length: 70cm; Net weight: 47. 5G
- Material: rubber+ aluminum+ Copper
- 【Function】This camera control cable is used to connect your camera to the Camera Control Port of DJI RSC 2 for camera control. To control the camera's video recording and photo functions, as well as to trigger the autofocus function.
- 【 Compatible】Camera Shutter Release Cable is suitable for DJI Ronin SC; Suitable for FUJIFILM XT2, XT3, XH1, XH2, XT20, XT30, XA3, XE3, XE2; for Canon E0S R, E0S RP, E0S M5; for Pentax K5, K5Il, K7, K30, K10D, K20D, K100, K200, 645D.
- 【Connectors】TypeC to 2.5mm Plug,This cable total length is 25cm.
- 【Material】It is made of high quality material PVC which means it used for long time and it is much safe
- 【Convenient】Lightweight and Durable, easy to carry.
- Compatible with Canon EOS R3, EOS R5, EOS R5 C, 6D MARK II, 1D X Mark II, 1DX Mark III, 1D X, 1DS Mark III, 1DS Mark II, 1Ds, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II-N, 1D Mark II, 1D, 1D C, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 5D, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, D2000, D60, D30, EOS-1V, EOS-3
- Cable length: Not stretched 19.5 inches / 50cm; stretches to approximately max 59 inches / 150cm
- This cable allows you to connect multiple remote controls to compatible cameras, instead of buying a complete new remote/receiver
- Very high quality stretchable spiral coiled cord, easy to use and carry
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Camera Shutter Release Cords
Not every camera shutter release cords comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a camera shutter release cord. For example, the cord’s length, connector type, and durability. Additionally, some cords come with built-in timers or light sensors so you don’t have to fumble around with your phone to take a picture. Here are five factors to keep in mind when shopping for a shutter release cord: 1. Length The length of the cord is important because it will determine how far away from your camera you need to be to trigger the shutter. Generally, shorter cords are easier to use than longer ones. 2. Connector Type shutter release cords come in different types, including USB and mini USB. Make sure the connector type is compatible with your camera. 3. Durability Cords that are durable will last longer and be less likely to break or fray. Look for cords made of sturdy materials such as nylon or metal. 4. Timers and Sensors Some cords come equipped with timers or sensors that allow you to take pictures without having to worry about holding down the shutter button. These features can be convenient if you’re trying to take a picture of something moving quickly or if you have poor hand coordination. 5.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need A Shutter Release Cable?
If you are using a digital camera, then most likely you do not need a shutter release cable. With electronic cameras, the shutter iscontrolled by a microchip which sends a signal to the camera’s lens to open and close.
How Do You Connect Shutter Release Cable?
There are two ways to connect a shutter release cable. One is to thread the cable through the flap on the side of the camera, and the other is to use a quick-release plate.
What Is The Thread On A Shutter Release Button?
The thread on a shutter release button is used to attach the button to the camera.
What Is A Shutter Cord?
A shutter cord is a long, thin, metal or plastic cord that attaches the camera to the lens and controls the amount of light that enters the camera. The shutter cord allows you to take quick photos by pressing the shutter button halfway down.
When it comes to camera shutter release cords, there are a few things to consider. Some features to look for include length, durability, and compatibility. Ultimately, the best shutter release cord for your needs will depend on your individual camera and shooting needs.