There are a number of Canon lenses that would be great for everyday use. The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is a great option due to its small size and lightweight design. The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is also a good choice, as it offers a fast aperture and produces sharp images.
Here Are Our Top 10 Canon Lens For Everyday Use At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canon lens for everyday use and choose the one you like the most.
Top 10 Best Canon Lens For Everyday Use You Should Go For In 2022
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- Compatible with EOS R series cameras
- Mounting type: Canon RF
- Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- Lens Compatibility: Popular 58MM Lens model includes EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Camera Models: CANON Rebel (77D T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ""Ø"" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50 millimeter Focal Length Lens.
- Large F, 1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare
- Lens Compatible with the Mirrorless R System (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, or EOS R6)
- ✔ COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SMARTPHONES, TABLETS, and LAPTOPS including ALL iPhone models, Samsung Galaxy and Note, Google Pixel, Huawei and more. CONTENTS INCLUDE: TruView 0.45x Wide Angle Lens, Clarus 15x Macro Lens, TruGrip Lens Clip, GlowClip Mini Rechargeable LED Light + Charging Cable, Quick-Release Lanyard, DuraCase, EasyClip, Cleaning Cloth and LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- ✔ TRUVIEW 0.45x WIDE ANGLE LENS - CAPTURE 45% MORE PICTURE WITH EVERY SNAP: Shoot stunning photos of people, pets, travel scenery, landscapes, architecture, selfies and more. NO DARK CORNERS (vignetting) like cheaper lenses. Crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum and premium optical glass for durability and clarity. Multi-element, coated glass lenses minimize ghosting, reflections, lens flare, and other artifacts. Xenvo cell phone lens attachment is ideal for hobbyists and photography pros alike.
- ✔ CLARUS 15x MACRO LENS - MARVEL YOUR SENSES. MAGNIFY NEARBY SUBJECTS FOR BREATHTAKING, SUPER CLOSE-UP PHOTOS: Capture all the intricacies and details with precision-focus for razor crisp macro photos every time. (For best results, position macro lens approximately 1/2 inch from subject. Not designed for zooming in on distant subjects.) THE TRUGRIP LENS CLIP offers SUPERIOR GRIPPING POWER to fasten your lenses to your cell phone when you're in action mode, framing your next perfect shot.
- ✔ GLOWCLIP RECHARGEABLE LED FILL LIGHT - The GlowClip LED light clips ANYWHERE on your phone to instantly illuminate your subject and surroundings with warm continuous light. The warm and natural LED light is superior to your smartphone's built in flash—which can be blinding and unnatural—especially in darker settings and venues. FEATURES 3 BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS: Low, Medium and High. Say goodbye to frustrating photo "retakes" and hello to brilliant photos the first time.
- ✔ QUICK-RELEASE LANYARD AND TRAVEL CASE - TRANSPORT AND PROTECT YOUR LENS KIT: Perfect for taking your Xenvo lenses with you on the fly. The travel case stores and protects all lens kit components snugly and safely while the quick-release lanyard is the perfect way to carry your lenses on your next outing. Just drape the lanyard and lens around your neck. The quick-release lanyard head makes it a cinch to access your Xenvo lenses in a flash so you never miss another photo moment.
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Sartore, Joel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 11/12/2019 (Publication Date) - National Geographic (Publisher)
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length and Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter, 1:4.5; 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. ; 0.22 meter
- Stepping motor for noise free video shooting
- Optical image stabilizer
- Equipped with new NANO USM technology combining Ring USM and STM for smooth and near-silent video and high-speed AF for still capture.
- Improved driving speed of the focusing lens up to 4.3x* (Tele) and 2.5x* (Wide) for faster autofocus.
- Compatible with new Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1, providing electrical zooming that helps deliver more natural zooming while shooting video.
- Dynamic IS helps reduce camera shake when shooting video for improved image quality even when the user is in motion.
- Closest Focusing Distance:1.28 ft./0.39m
- No. of diaphragm blades 7
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- LENS ATTACHMENT: Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
- CAMERA MODELS: Canon EOS Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL3 SL2 SL1 90D 80D 77D 70D 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 7D Mark II 6D Mark II 5DS 5D Mark II 1D Mark II M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 M200 R RP
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ''Ø'' (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
How To Choose The Best Canon Lens For Everyday Use
Before choosing a canon lens for everyday use, you should take the following considerations into account.
There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing a lens for everyday use. First, you’ll want to consider the focal length. Lenses with a shorter focal length (such as 18mm) are better for close-up photography while lenses with a longer focal length (such as 300mm) are better for shooting landscapes or events. Second, you’ll want to think about your budget. Lenses can range in price from around $100 to over $1,000, so it’s important to find one that fits your needs and budget.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Canon Lens Should Every Photographer Have?
Many photographers recommend the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II as the perfect lens to have in their camera bag. This lens is versatile and can be used for a range of subjects, from landscape to close-up photography.
What Is A Good Everyday Lens?
A good everyday lens is a lens that can be used for a variety of purposes and is easy to carry around.
What 3 Lenses Should Every Photographer Have?
Every photographer should have a wide angle lens, a standard lens and a telephoto lens.
What Lenses Should You Have For Canon?
There are a few factors you’ll want to consider when choosing lenses for your Canon camera: what type of photography you plan to do, the distance between your subject and the lens, and your camera’s focal length. For general photography, any wide-angle or zoom lens will work fine. For close-up or macro photography, a short telephoto lens is preferred. For shooting pictures with a longer focal length (i.e., to get a wider shot), a longer telephoto lens may be necessary.
Thecanon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is an excellent everyday lens for both photography and videography that produces beautiful images and smooth video with little to no distortion. It is also a lightweight lens that is easy to carry around and perfect for capturing everyday scenes.