If you’re looking for the best charcoal for your Ooni pizza oven, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got all the information you need to make an informed decision about which type of charcoal is best for you.
A Shortlist Of The Best Charcoal For Ooni Pizza Oven
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
Top 10 Best Charcoal For Ooni Pizza Oven You Should Go For In 2022
- GREAT PIZZA – A motto that Ooni Pizza Ovens live by – We believe that everybody deserves great pizza and our Ooni Karu 12 Multi-fuel pizza oven has been designed with that sole purpose in mind
- DONE IN 60 SECONDS – Fire up the Ooni Karu 12 with wood or charcoal straight out the box, or use with the Ooni Gas Burner attachment (sold separately) to cook with gas. The Karu 12 will be ready to cook in 15 minutes reaching a massive 950°F – Cooking authentic stone baked pizza in just 60 seconds! Giving you more time to sit back and relax in your backyard while enjoying great pizzas
- HOT NEW FEATURES – A custom designed fuel tray that maximises airflow and delivers a powerful blast of searing flame allows the Ooni Karu 12 pizza oven to maintain the ultra-high temperatures – load it up with real wood or charcoal, with no excess ash to clean
- ULTRA PORTABLE – Weighing only 26.4lbs this outdoor pizza oven can be moved around easily but has all the power and heat of a larger wood fired pizza oven
- NEXT LEVEL PIZZA – Level up your pizza game with one of Ooni’s most popular ovens and learn how to become a true pizzaiolo – or discover that you can even use your pizza oven to cook steak, fish or veg in one of our cast iron range of cookware
- Practical and comfortable
- Harmonious design
- It will fit perfectly into your home
- Easy and practical to use
- Made from high quality materials
- Tassinello, Anthony (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 242 Pages - 02/23/2016 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
- Great pizza – A motto that Ooni Ovens live by – We believe that everybody deserves great pizza and our Ooni Koda 16 gas pizza oven has been designed and developed with that sole purpose in mind
- Done in 60 seconds – Reaching temperatures of up to a massive 950°F - twice that of a normal domestic oven! - The Koda 16 outdoor pizza oven will be ready to go in 15 minutes and can cook authentic stone baked pizza in just 60 seconds - Giving you more time to sit back and relax in your backyard while enjoying great pizzas!
- Easy to use – Ready to go straight out of the box! Simply unfold the legs, insert the pizza stone baking board, connect up to a gas tank and you’re ready to go. Featuring instant gas ignition, you will be cooking your favourite pizzas in no time – Or maybe you want to roast some meat, fish or veg? Because if you combine the Koda 16 with one of the Ooni cast iron cooking accessories, it becomes more than a pizza maker!
- Join the pizza party – Ooni pizza ovens are making great pizzas in backyard and outdoor kitchens in over 50 countries around the world – Our portable and easily stored countertop ovens are a great addition to any outdoor grill – Come and join the pizza party!
- Ultra efficient – The powder coated carbon steel shell offers incredible heat retention, which combined with the efficiency and simplicity of using gas, result in an extraordinary cooking experience, all at the turn of a dial
- ALL-NATURAL, ECO FRIENDLY, SUSTAINABLE – Safe, organic, non-toxic firestarters made from environmentally friendly blend of recycled pine wood wool and 100% natural stearin with no chemical additives!
- LONG BURN TIME – Up to 10 min. burn due to patented 100-year-old production technology. GreenSpark firestarters start fires fast even in tough conditions like wind & rain, without dangerous flare-ups
- 70 COUNT, GREAT VALUE – Economical package with unlimited shelf life can last four seasons. Enjoy cozy fireplace hearth fires in winter months and summer bonfires & cookouts with family and friends
- MULTI-USE, EASY TO USE – Portable, lightweight, ignites instantly. Not affected by moisture, ideal for survival kit, wilderness safety, best travel companion for camping, hunting and hiking trips
- PERFECT FOR COOKING, GRILLING - Odorless, tasteless, will not flavor food. Campfire, chimney, fire pit, charcoal grill, coal/wood/pellet stove, kamado, smoker, pizza oven, weber, ooni, big green egg+
- Fire starter sticks is made of all-natural pine wood shavings and food-grade wax. Firestarter doesn't smell and smokes - ideal lighter log for indoor and outdoor use.
- Unlike the usual fire starter squares, fire starter cubes, or lightning nuggets, Grill Trades firestarters consist exclusively of organic materials, which is safe for cooking.
- Firelighter has burning time 8-10 min. Need to have among bbq accessories. You need only one piece to light a fire.
- It is useful for camping bonfire, picnic or barbecue party. It does not take up much space and does not require special storage.
- This is an excellent gift for your husband or neighbor. Firestarters simplify the process of kindling fire as much as possible. Now you don’t have to use paper, harmful liquids, or electric devices.
- Color: Brown
- Material: Bamboo/Stainless Steel
- Brush off excess flour with the bristles, then flip to scrape away fallen food
- Featuring a comfortable bamboo handle, plus a durable stainless steel scraper and bristles
- Hand wash only
- 🍕 6 INCH STICKS DESIGNED FOR USE IN PORTABLE PIZZA OVENS - The perfect size of stick to burn in all popular pizza oven models, including Ooni.
- 🌳 100% NATURAL OAK HARDWOOD - Kiln dried oak is the perfect wood to rapidly build up the required heat in your pizza oven.
- 🔥 WOOD FIRED FLAVOUR - If you want the classic wood fired flavour then oak is the best option. Tried and tested to deliver the perfect wood fired pizza.
- ♻️ RECYCLEABLE PACKAGING - Packed in a brown kraft cardboard box which can be fully recycled.
- 🚛 FAST & CONVENIENT - Get your pizza oven fuel delivered straight to your door with Amazon Prime.
- EASY: Quickly and easily convert your Ooni Karu 16 to gas with one of our most popular Ooni accessories, the Ooni Karu 16 propane burner.
- CONVENIENT: This portable gas burner attaches right onto the back of your Ooni Karu 16 gas pizza oven, for a convenient and easy way to power your oven with gas.
- HIGH HEATS: Offering the same incredible speed and high heat as using other fuels, use the heat control dial of your propane gas burner to cook across a range of temperatures up to 950°F. The new low power cooking function enables cooking low and slow pizzas or meat dishes.
- NO FUSS: As an added bonus, there’s minimal soot or clean-up to worry about thanks to cooking with your Ooni gas attachment.
- FREE GAS REGULATOR: The Ooni Karu 16 Gas Burner comes with a 28 mbar regulator including a gas hose to get you cooking with gas in no time at all!
- ✅ EXTRA LONG BURN TIME - With 10 minutes of burn time, you'll have an plenty of time lighting your fire. Simply get the Friendly Flame Eco Firestarter going with a lighter or match and you'll have several minutes of burn time to get the fire roaring!
- ✅ MULTIPLE USE APPLICATIONS - Whether you are camping, cooking, or backpacking, we have you covered. Eco Firestarters are ideal for campfires, fireplaces, BBQs, charcoal grills, and outdoor pizza ovens.
- ✅ A GREAT ADDITION TO YOUR SURVIVAL PACK - Have a little extra peace of mind by adding a few firestarters to your survival kit. Our firestarters are water resistant and even burn when wet!
- ✅ ECO FRIENDLY AND SUSTAINABLY SOURCED - Made from ONLY mixed spruce, pine, and fir sourced from well-managed FSC certified forests. They smell great and contain no harmful chemicals like petroleum and wax lighter cubes.
- ✅ INFINITE SHELF LIFE - There is no need to worry about expiration with Eco Firestarters. They are guaranteed to work perfectly every time regardless of how long you’ve had them and leave NO HARMFUL RESIDUE.
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Charcoal For Ooni Pizza Oven
Before choosing a charcoal for ooni pizza oven, you should take the following considerations into account.
When buying a charcoal for your Ooni pizza oven, it is important to consider the type of charcoal that will work best with your oven. Some factors you may want to consider include the heat output of the charcoal, how long it will last, and how easy it is to light. There are several types of charcoal that can be used in an Ooni pizza oven, including lump charcoal, briquettes, and wood chunks. Lump charcoal is made from natural materials such as hardwood trees and has a high heat output. Briquettes are made from compressed sawdust or wood chips and have a lower heat output than lump charcoal. Wood chunks are made from natural wood and have a medium heat output. When choosing a type of charcoal for your Ooni pizza oven, consider the type of food you will be cooking. If you plan to cook mostly pizzas, then lump charcoal or wood chunks would be a good choice. If you plan to cook other types of food in addition to pizzas, then briquettes may be a better choice because they have a longer burning time than lump charcoal or wood chunks.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind Of Charcoal Do You Use For Ooni Pizza?
The Ooni pizza oven uses lump charcoal, which is made of natural hardwood.
Can You Use Charcoal Briquettes In An Ooni?
Yes, you can use charcoal briquettes in an Ooni.
Can I Use Charcoal In My Pizza Oven?
Yes, you can use charcoal in your pizza oven.
Can You Use Charcoal In An Ooni Fyra?
No. Charcoal should not be used in an Ooni FYRA as it can cause damage to the grill and produce unpleasant odors.
There is no definitive answer to the question of the best charcoal for an ooni pizza oven as it depends on the individual’s preferences and needs. However, some general recommendations can be made. Hardwood charcoal is generally considered to be the best type of charcoal for pizza ovens as it has a high heat output and produces minimal ash. Additionally, using high-quality charcoal will help ensure that your pizza oven reaches the desired cooking temperature quickly and evenly.