Kidney beans are a type of legume that is typically dried and then rehydrated for cooking. They have a nutty flavor and a firm texture that makes them a popular choice in dishes like chili and refried beans. kidney beans are a good source of protein, fiber, and several key vitamins and minerals.
Which Are The Best Dried Kidney Beans From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Dried Kidney Beans People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Iberia Red Kidney Beans are a hearty, low fat beans with essential vitamins, minerals & 16 grams of fiber & 15 grams of protien per serving.
- Iberia Red Kidney Beans are easy to prepare & quick cooking.
- Simmer or slow-cook them, add them to rice; mix them with ham & other seasoned meat; or add as a side to fried chicken or grilled pork for a hearty family meal.
- 4lb Number 1 Grade Beans.
- Allergen information: gluten_free
- High in fiber A good source of protein and iron
- A wholesome dried legume that can be used in soups, stews, casseroles and salads
- Non-gmo, sulfite-free, Vegetarian, Vegan and all-natural
- Certified: organic and Kosher
- Keep cool and dry
- Allergen information: tree_nuts
- Taste the Difference: Red Kidney Beans are a hearty, creamy, Southern cooking favorite that's low fat and packs a punch with 16 grams of fiber and 15 grams of protein per serving
- Hearty and Nutritious: Simmer or slow-cook, serve with rice, mix with ham or smoked sausages or add as a side to fried chicken and grilled pork. A great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians
- Gluten-Free: Packed with essential vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes, each bag of beans contains protein and fiber. Our gluten-free and non-GMO dry beans, peas and lentils are USA grown
- Serious About Beans: Get the best bean for your favorite dinner or dip recipe! Choose from 19 varieties of lady cream, navy, lima, Great Northern, pinto, black, garbanzo, blackeye, split peas, and lentils
- Camellia Quality: A family-owned company and New Orleans favorite, Camellia prides itself on offering beans, peas, and lentils to nurture families, traditions and memories
- PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: Kidney beans are the best source of plant protein and a great food for vegans.
- LOTS OF DIETARY FIBER: Organic Kidney Beans from Food To Live can be included into any meal plan.
- MINERALS & B VITAMINS: Our Kidney Beans contain iron, manganese, copper, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
- LOW-CALORIE FILLING FOOD: Dishes with kidney beans make you feel full longer, and legumes contain very little calorie.
- PREMIUM-QUALITY PRODUCT: Our Organic Kidney Beans are the best quality and processed at a top-notch facility.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Certified Organic by Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd.
- BOTANICAL SOURCE & ORIGIN: Phaseolus vulgaris from the United States.
- CULTIVATION: Cannellini beans are harvested once the plant reaches 6 inches in height. Once the pods start to turn yellow and dry they can be de-shelled.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Due to their high fiber and protein content, as well as low sodium levels, they may help support a healthy body weight, muscle mass, and digestion. In particular, they're a great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
- COMMON USES: Boil the beans for 10 minutes and then cook on low for 30-45 minutes. Add to stews, salads and more!
- SMOOTH RED KIDNEY BEANS | These delicious red kidney beans are bright, plump and tender with a robust flavor and smooth texture. Use them to prepare delicious chili, soups, salads, and more plant-based dishes
- EXCELLENT DIET COMPATIBILITY | Gluten free, Fat free, Cholesterol free, Trans Fat Free and Kosher | Good Source of Fiber, Iron and Potassium
- QUICK COOKING | GOYA Red Kidney Beans are indispensable in homemade soups, stews and salads. Delicious served over rice
- PREMIUM QUALITY | If it's Goya... it has to be good! | ¡Si es Goya... tiene que ser bueno!
- PACK OF 6: 4.0 LB BAGS | Enjoy GOYA's line of Dry Beans, Peas and Grains on Amazon
- Certified Organic by QAI a USDA-Accredited certifying agency approved to provide certification to the national organic standards under a federal regulation created by the USDA and administered by the National Organic Program (NOP).
- Beans are heart healthy and a thorough source of protein, fiber, and good carbohydrates. Excellent Source of Plant based Proteins for Vegans and Vegetarians.
- Excellent ease of use 5LB Gusset Clear Resealable Bag with Product Transparency.
- Kidney Beans are sourced from Farmers who still have a personal connection to their crops and understand that healthy foods can only come from soil free of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, while preserving farming for future generations.
- HEALTHY PANTRY STAPLE: Kidney Beans have a deep, nutty flavor, and hold their shape well when cooked. These stunning beans in varying shades of red, make a great base for salads, soups, and casseroles.
- RICH IN NUTRIENTS: According to the USDA, one half cup of uncooked kidney beans provides 21 g protein, 23 g fiber, 13% DV calcium, and 41% DV iron. Plus, they have folate, potassium and vitamin K1.
- EASY TO COOK AND DELICIOUS: Dry kidney beans cook in 40-60 minutes, with 5-8 hours of pre-soaking required. If you are looking for a shorter cook time, you can prepare them in an instant pot. With a deep, nutty flavor, Clear Creek red kidney beans are perfect for adding to soups, salads, casseroles, tacos, and more.
- PROUD TO BE: We are proud to be Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Non-Irradiated (an accepted practice that exposes your food to radiation for sterilization). Our kidney beans will SPROUT!
- GROWN IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST: Clear Creek Light Red Kidney Beans are sourced from a neighboring Washington State farm further representing the flavors and quality of the rich Pacific Northwest soil.
- Quality Beans: We believe in wholesome, nutrient-dense, rich, safe foods - farmed right. Our dark red kidney beans are Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, with No Artificial Flavors or Preservative
- 100% American Farmer Grown: Locally grown and packaged in Wisconsin, we are a 6th generation farm family that cares about the planet and the next generation.Your purchase directly supports our food practices as well as a healthy rural farm economy.
- Pantry Staple: Our organic dried red kidney beans are harvested at peak flavor, so you can enjoy nature’s bounty all year long. Perfect for your chilis, salsas, soups, salads, and burritos.
- Regenerative, Biodynamic Farming: Your health is deeply rooted in our soils. We continuously test our crops for nutrient-richness throughout the growing process and supplement our soil with nutrients as needed to provide you with the healthiest possible proteins.
- Our Why: Our dad died of the Midwest Farmer's Cancer in 2011. From then on, we’ve committed to slowly transitioning our current conventional farm to 100% organic with bio-dynamic regenerative farming practices. Farming this way means freshness, purity, and health for you and your loved ones
- FARM FRESH RED KIDNEY BEANS: Nap Boule Red Kidney Beans are a hearty, creamy, Southern cooking favorite which is low fat and packs a punch of fiber and protein.
- NUTRITIOUS: Nap Boule Red Kidney Beans are versatile. You can simmer or slow-cook them or serve them with rice or grains, mix with meat or smoked sausages or add as a side to fried chicken and grilled pork.
- PROTEIN FOR VEGANS: Nap Boule Red Kidney Beans are a great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
- VERSATILE: Nap Boule Red Kidney Beans are perfect addition to soups, stews, salads and more, these dark red kidney beans are an excellent source of protein.
- PREPARATION: For best results, soak kidney beans overnight in water, then proceed to boil them for approximately 1 hour, or until desired tenderness.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Dried Kidney Beans
Before choosing a dried kidney beans, you should take the following considerations into account.
When shopping for dried kidney beans, be sure to read the product label to determine the variety and weight of the beans. Also, be sure to purchase a beans that has been pre-cooked and is ready to eat.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Use Dried Kidney Beans?
To use dried kidney beans, soak them overnight in water, then drain and discard the water. Add the beans to a saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Are Dried Kidney Beans Poisonous?
Dried kidney beans are not poisonous.
Are Dried Kidney Beans Good For You?
Dried kidney beans are a good source of protein and fiber. They are also a good source of folate and magnesium.
Are Dried Kidney Beans Better Than Canned?
Dried kidney beans are generally considered to be better than canned because they tend to be more nutritious. They are also less expensive, and may be stored for longer periods of time without going bad.
Dried kidney beans are a great source of fiber, protein, and other nutrients. They are also a good source of potassium.