Fish sauce is a condiment made from fish that has been salted and fermented. It is used in many Southeast Asian cuisines and has a strong, salty flavor.
Here Are Our Top 10 Fish Sauce At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best fish sauce and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Fish Sauce People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Red Boat Fish Sauce offers an unrivaled purity that will transform your meals. It uses only wild-caught black anchovy caught from Vietnam's Phu Quoc archipelago, some of the cleanest waters in the world. Fermented using a centuries old method with only first press batches bottled, Red Boat Fish Sauce offers a flavor and quality that has raised the industry standard.
- Red Boat Fish Sauce is Naturally Protein Rich, has No Added MSG or Preservatives, is Chef’s Grade, 100% Pure and Sustainably Sourced. Simple ingredients make Red Boat the Purest Fish Sauce on Earth; wild-caught black anchovies and sea salt slowly fermented in carefully selected wooden barrels.
- Red Boat Fish Sauce is a fantastic and extremely versatile ingredient to have in your pantry. Use in sauces, marinades, dressings, soups, broths & stocks, fried rice, and vegetables. It will also make a great Bloody Mary! Red Boat Fish sauce adds a deep and savory umami flavor that cannot be beat and will have your guests asking for your recipe!
- Red Boat Fish Sauce is a top drawer cooking ingredient that can take your dinner from 0 to 100 with just a few dashes! It’s deep flavor adds another dimension to your dishes and will give your sauces, roasts, stocks the added oomph it needs. Paleo, Whole 30 and Keto friendly. No Gluten, No Soy, No Nuts & No Shellfish. Healthy Salt Alternative.
- Red Boat contains 2.5 lbs of anchovies per bottle, giving our fish sauce a beautiful amber color from the healthy concentration of anchovies. Red Boat contains 4 grams of protein per tablespoon, twice the amount of protein of most fish sauce you’ll find on the market. Red Boat Fish Sauce also has a 36 month shelf life after it’s date of manufacture. Even after opening, Red Boat Fish sauce will stay fresh in your refrigerator for a year. Although, you’ll be lucky to have this last for a week!
- Red Boat Fish Sauce offers an unrivaled purity that will transform your meals. It uses only wild-caught black anchovy and sea salt.
- Red Boat Fish Sauce is 100% Pure and Sustainably Sourced. Simple ingredients make Red Boat the Purest Fish Sauce on Earth; wild-caught black anchovies and sea salt slowly fermented in carefully selected wooden barrels.
- Use in sauces, marinades, dressings, soups, broths & stocks, fried rice, and vegetables. It will also make a great Bloody Mary! Red Boat Fish sauce adds a deep and savory umami flavor that cannot be beat and will have your guests asking for your recipe!
- Paleo, Whole 30 and Keto friendly. No Gluten, No Soy, No Nuts & No Shellfish. Healthy Salt Alternative.
- 36 month shelf life after it’s date of manufacture. Even after opening, Red Boat Fish sauce will stay fresh in your refrigerator for a year.
- Aged for 2 years, Wangshin's anchovy fish sauce completes the taste of Asian dishes. 10 fl oz per bottle.
- A perfect alternative to salt as it brings richer savory flavor and contains much less sodium than salt. It is natural and healthy seasoning that can be used in any dishes like Thai food, kimchi, soup, and even salads.
- Fermented for 2 years in Korean traditional clay pots. No external pressure is used (like how most factories make fish sauce). To harvest the richest flavor, only natural gravity is used to pressure the anchovies and salt. Wangshin patiently harvests one drop a day for the excellence. Check the color difference; Wangshin's aged fish sauce is pure and light like a well-aged whiskey.
- Full of amino acids. All natural ingredients from South Korea. Cholesterol-Free, Fat-Free, MSG-free. Absolutely no additives used.
- Wangshin is a family company, proud of sharing the secrets of the Korean cuisine with the world.
- Premium fish sauce contains fresh-pressed salted anchovies; features an intense flavor that is a hallmark of traditional Asian cooking
- This product is free of dairy, MSG and ingredients that contain gluten
- Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce brings authentic quality, freshness and flavor
- Fish sauce comes in a 23.66-fluid-ounce bottle that is ideal for adding a new flavors to your favorite recipes
- Perfect for high-volume establishments, Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce introduces a deep, complex flavor to marinades, dressings and more.
- Lucky Brand Thai Fish Sauce 23 Fl. oz.
- No MSG Added.
- Ingredients: Anchovy Extract, Salt, Sugar, Water.
- Son Fish Sauce has been produced by the same family since 1951. The production is now a proud fourth-generation old family- owned tradition.
- Son Fish Sauce is proudly produced with only anchovies and sea salt.
- The Elixir that comes from the barrel after 1 Year is considered the 1st press with the highest quality, flavor, and smell.
- 1 Bottle is 17.0 oz. Son Fish Sauce
- 100% PURE NATURAL PREMIUM FISH SAUCE
- Fish Sauce
- Three Crabs
- Anchovy Extract
- Asian culinary cooking.
- Great for making all types of KimchiGood substitute for salt or soy sauce in braising, stir-frying and making stews
- 100% Pure with only 2 Ingredients - Anchovy and Sea Salt
- All-natural, first press, Vietnamese fish sauce
- Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten-Free
- 64 ounce value size
- Bottled in USA
- Suchi LITE for cooking is the best choice for all-purpose uses. Light amber color, taste great. Dedicated for the gourmet who wants to experience the secret umami taste of fish sauce or use it in western-based recipes.
- ANCIENT FORMULA: being made following traditional way with more than 200 years of history in Nuoc Mam Phan Thiet
- SAVORY: great favor of fish in the beginning and natural umami sweet aftertaste. Fish sauces have been chosen by many chefs and becomes their secret ingredient
- NATURAL: Anchovies being fished, salted, 12 months fermented and bottled all in Phan Thiet - Vietnam, which has been marked as a geographical indication for fish sauces
- HEALTHY: High Natural Protein Content, Minerals, Vitamin B, MSG-free, Gluten-free fish sauce organic
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Fish Sauce
Before choosing a fish sauce, you should take the following considerations into account.
When buying fish sauce, it is important to understand the different types and brands. The best fish sauce will have a strong, salty flavor with a umami taste. It is also important to choose a brand that uses sustainable practices, such as using recycled or organic ingredients.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Fish Sauce Made Of?
Fish sauce is made of fermented and distilled fish.
Does Fish Sauce Taste Like Fish?
Fish sauce does not have a strong fish taste, but it has a salty and sour flavor.
What Can I Use Instead Of Fish Sauce?
There are a number of alternatives to fish sauce that can be used in Asian cuisine. Some common substitutes include soy sauce, vinegar, or honey.
What Do I Use Fish Sauce For?
Fish sauce is a condiment made from fermented fish and salt. It is used as a table seasoning or in cooking to add flavor, moisture, and protein.
There is no definitive answer when it comes to the best fish sauce, as everyone’s taste will vary. However, many experts believe that Thai fish sauce is some of the best in the world. It is subtle and flavorful, making it a perfect addition to Southeast Asian cuisine.