A piston filler is a type of fountain pen that uses a piston to suck ink from an ink bottle inside the pen and store it in the barrel. This type of filling mechanism is often considered more reliable and less likely to leak than other types of filling mechanisms, such as cartridge/converter or eyedropper fillers.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best fountain pen with piston fillers that will win your heart.
10 Best Fountain Pen With Piston Fillers You Should Consider In 2022
- ✅ 3.4mm bore diameter standard size for many fountain pens.Please ensure your fountain pens take 3.4mm cartridge or converter before purchase! You can also send us a mesage to confirm this before purchase!
- ✅ Easy to fill, just dip the nib section into bottled ink, press the spring stick down, release the stick to draw ink up into converter. You can also refill the converter without fountain pen.
- ✅ These converters were made for durable material (high quality plastic and stainless steel).
- ✅ Package: 10 PCS piston ink converters for fountain pen.
- ✅ If any troubles about our fountain pens, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are glad to solve any problems with you.
- ✔Material--Excellent material, transparent barrel with silver trim, very beautiful and durable.
- ✔ Smooth Writer–- The Fine nib was made of special stainless steel which ensures you have a smooth writing experience.
- ✔ Unique Design–- Excellent acrylic/ PMMA material, transparent clear, very beautiful. Piston absorption filling. The ink slosh around in the barrel, and the acrylic that makes this pen crystal clear.
- ✔Large Ink Capacity –-It is sufficient enough for long periods of use once filled, saving you valuable time.
- ✔ Promise--We offer the 100% guarantee for this pen. If you find this pen is not meet your requirement, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you solve the problems. Order with confidence and enjoy a wonderful life!
- Unique Design--The color part on the barrel and cap are made of brass while the transparent part was made of acrylic
- Smooth Handwriting and Easy Flowing--The stainless steel fine nib 0.6mm delivers smooth writing
- Easy to Fill-- Unscrew the end cap, dip into ink, screw back the end cap, and you done! Ready to write! Please note that these pens do not come with ink due to safety reason
- More ink capacity --The piston filling system allow you to store more ink than other fountain pens
- Beautiful and convenient-- The transparent body make this pen looks beautiful and energetic. You can also check the amount of ink left when writing
- ✔ Easy Filling –- Simply untwist the end cap, pull up then push down, ink is filled. To use the pen for longer, unscrew the piston knob a few turns to let ink flow from the barrel to the nib.
- ✔Large Ink Capacity –-it is sufficient enough for long periods of use once filled, saving you valuable time.
- ✔ Unique Design–- Translucent acrylic, very beautiful. Piston absorption filling. You can see the ink around in the barre sloshing.
- ✔ Smooth Writer–- The Medium nib was made of stainless steel with gold plated which ensures you have a smooth writing experience.
- ✔100% Satisfaction Guaranteed-- If any troubles about our fountain pens, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are glad to solve any problems with you. Order with confidence and enjoy a wonderful life!
- Smooth Handwriting and Easy Flowing :The iridium extra fine nib delivers smooth writing
- Easy to fill with all brand bottle ink : Pulling the knob out a little, then twisting the knob at the end of the barrel to fill ink. Push the knob back to avoid ink leaking after filling. Please note that these pens do not come with ink due to safety reason.
- More ink capacity : The piston filling system allow your to store more ink than other fountain pens .
- Beautiful and convenient : The transparent body make this pen looks beautiful and energetic. You can also check the amount of ink left when writing .
- Nib:Iridium Extra Fine ; Length:138mm; Diameter:14 mm; Each Pen weight:24g ; Cap : Screw Type
- T1: Metal parts of the pen are made from aluminum alloy; transparent part of the pen is made from PMMA, not plastic. The pen cap with polyhedron structures can prevent the pen from rolling.
- 35# large iridium fountain pen nib, bring you a perfect writing experience, evenly and smoothly. Quality assurance, Good value for money.
- Beautiful original box(Do Not come with ink), is the perfect gift for everyone.
- The color of the picture may be slightly difference from the actual products. This is due to the technical factors which are affected by the digital camera, lighting contrast and color display.
- We offer the 100% guarantee for this pen, if you find this pen is not meet your requirement, you can ask the full refund. And we also offer the lifetime warranty, if any problems caused, just please contact us, and we will try our best to help you solve the problems.
- Nib:F (steel nib); Length:139mm; Diameter:12mm; Net weight:18.7g; Material: Resin body and steel cap
- Cap:push type; Converter:vacumatic type, please screw the end of the pen body down, then push the metal bar to fill ink, very simple
- Quantity:1pcs come with original box, Do Not come with ink
- If any problems caused(like did not receive or pen did not work), please don’t hesitate to contact us, we will try our best to help you solve the problems
- Genuine Noodler’s Branded Quality
- FLEX Nib - Stainless Steel
- Clear Body & Cap - See Thru Demo
- Windowed Ink Compartment Celluloid Fountain Pen
- Piston Filling System
- Compatile with Parker,Hongdian Fountain Pen and other fountain pens take 3.4mm cartridges or converter
- Easy to fill, just dip the nib section into bottled ink, press the spring stick down, release the stick to draw ink up into converter. You can also refill the converter without fountain pen.
- These converters were made of durable material for easy filling and cleaning
- Using refillable converters rather than disposable ink cartridges saves money and reduces waste
- Package: 12 Pieces 3.4 mm Converters
- 100% brand new , no gift box, no ink inside
- Converter : Screw type, Only use bottled ink
- Please pull the end of the pen out a little, then screw the piston to fill ink
- Length: 140mm x 15mm(Dia)
- Material: Resin
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Fountain Pen With Piston Fillers
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best fountain pen with piston fillers that meets your needs.
Before buying a fountain pen with a piston filler, you should consider the following factors: 1. Material and Construction When choosing a fountain pen with a piston filler, you should consider the material and construction. The most popular materials used for piston fillers are plastic and metal. You should also consider the construction of the pen, which includes the type of filling mechanism and how easy it is to refill. 2. Filling Mechanism The most important factor when choosing a fountain pen with a piston filler is the filling mechanism. You should choose a pen with a easy-to-use filling mechanism, such as an ink cartridge or refilling system. Some pens have built-in reservoirs that can be filled using a syringe or dropper. 3. Size and Weight When choosing a fountain pen with a piston filler, you should also consider the size and weight of the pen. Pens with piston fillers are usually larger and heavier than pens with ink cartridges or ballpoint refills. This is because pens with piston fillers require more space inside the body to store the ink supply.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Piston Filled Fountain Pen?
A piston-filled fountain pen is a pen that uses a metal or plastic piston to push ink from an ink cartridge onto paper.
What Is A Piston Filling Pen?
A piston filling pen dispenses ink by using a piston to move an ink cartridge up and down.
Do Piston Fountain Pens Leak?
Piston fountain pens generally do not leak. Some people have reported leaks from the nib or converter, but this is relatively rare.
Why Do Fountain Pens Have Breather Holes?
A fountain pen’s breather holes allow the pen to breath while in use, preventing ink from building up and causing the pen to stop working.
If you’re looking for a fountain pen that can handle heavy drawing, we recommend the Pentel EnerGel EnerGrip Ballpoint Pens. They have piston fillers that deliver a consistent flow of ink and are easy to use.