An ignition system tester is a diagnostic tool used to test the performance of an automobile’s ignition system. It is used to check the ignition coil, spark plugs, and distributor cap for faults. Ignition system testers are available as hand-held devices or as PC-based software.
A Shortlist Of The Best Ignition Testers
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best ignition testers and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Ignition Testers People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Gives a Visual Check of the Ignition System.
- Quickly diagnose problems with all ignition systems. Connect the tool between the spark plug and the plug wire.
- The tool is double-ended to offer a straight boot and a 90boot on one tool. With the engine running, the tool flashes a mirror image of ignition spark.
- Patent: 6,714,015
- The Ram-Pro Engine Spark Tester Probe is a must have diagnostic tool for any engine with a spark plug, & can quickly and easily diagnose ignition/engine outboard motor issues or a fault in the fuel delivery system
- HOW TO USE: Simply connect the tester between the spark plug and the plug wire, if spark is being sent, the tester will mirror the spark and light up - Find dirty spark plugs, defective points, bad cables or connections, etc.
- DIMENSIONS: 6" boot/cable, 5" shaft/light housing; 2.2 oz. DESIGN: Nickel Plated Shaft, Double ended flexible tool offers a straight boot -– Internal bulb lasts for years, but is replaceable through transparent housing
- MUST HAVE: When engine won't start, gives instant answer to 'does it have spark?' - Saves time, frustration and money while also offering a safe secure way to identify spark
- USE FOR: Essential Troubleshooting for All Internal & External Combustion Engines, cars, trucks, motorcycles, lawnmowers, chainsaws, trimmers, snow-blowers, generators etc. - A must have for any individual, professional mechanic garage and auto shop
- √ Professional Design - According to spark color and flash over distance to determine the quality of the coil.
- √ Great Value - Can intuitively convenient to understand the operation of the ignition coil.
- √ Better And Faster - It is the quickest way to test for no-start conditions.
- √ Easy To Read - High visibility white lettering makes it easy to read the gap measurement.
- √ Perfect Selection - Screw assembly adjusts spark gap quickly and easily. Avoid fire, the ignition coil burned out and so on.
- Test the life of your spark plug
- Similar to Briggs and Stratton 19368 Ignition Tester
- Use with the engine running or just cranking
- Red and black in color
- Check for ignition problems before replacing any parts
- Ignition tester
- Designed exclusively for small Engine repair
- Item Package Dimension: 2.0" L x 2.0" W x 4.0" H
- Item Package Weight: 0.625 lb
- Spark plug wire coil diagnostic tool tester,test spark plugs,coils,and distributors on breaker point and electronic ignition systems.
- Spark plug tester,blunt nose tip prevents lead puncturing.High intensity bulb and viewing window for greater flash concentrating.
- Automotive spark plug wire tester, tests spark plugs,spark plug wires,and coils without puncturing the wire.
- Pen high voltage cable tester,with the engine running,place the grooved end of the tool over the spark plug wire.The blub will flash to indicate spark.
- Voltage tester tool, easy to carry and use, it's suitable for home application, garage, laboratory.
- Simple, high quality tool designed to test high energy electronic ignition (HEI) systems
- Simply attach plug wire to end then use built in clip to attach to ground
- Tester will give you true spark performance results, helping you identify ignition anomalies that simply removing a plug and grounding it won't reveal
- For use on vehicles and power equipment equipped with a high energy ignition system
- Checks for ignition spark without removing spark plug from engine.
- Easily checks if there is sufficient energy for spark plug to ignite.
- Works on DIS and HEI electronic ignition systems.
- 【High-quality Materials】Automotive electronic faults detector made of high-quality ABS, it is durable and of high quality. Lightweight and easy to carry. The tester adopts advanced technology to collect and analyze the signals of non-disassembled automotive electrical components, and the test results are showed by LED indicator and buzzer.
- 【Sensor Wake-Up Function】When the microcontroller detects no signal for 20 seconds, the indicator light will be turned off. When the test needs to be repeated, the sensor can be directly placed close to the device to be tested, and the instrument will automatically start the test state when it detects a signal.
- 【Wide Measurement Range】Test Range: Ignition Coil(traditional coil,double spark coil,single spark coil) generator, fan,electric-magnetic valves,emission gas controlling value, fuel injectors,relay.etc. During test process, it is necessory to avoid the moving parts and heat source to protect tester and testing equipments.
- 【Features】The ABS head is easy to insert and durable, providing a safe and reliable troubleshooting method that is convenient, economical and time-saving. Press the buckle to open the battery compartment, which is convenient for battery replacement. The tail end is designed as a portable pen holder, which is convenient to carry.
- 【Sensitive Toggle Key】You can quickly and easily diagnose the ignition system of your car, avoid fire, and burn out the ignition coil. It has the function of switching between strong and weak modes, and the buttons are sensitive, which brings great convenience to your operation.
- 【Main Function】The MST-101 detector is using advanced technology from Germany, it can collect and analyze signals under non-dismantle automotive electrical parts, Testing results are showed by LED indicator and beeper.
- 【Easily Diagnose】Easy to know if there is faults of the automotive electronic parts.
- 【Test Range】 Lgnition Coil(traditional coil,double spark coil,single spark coil) generator, fan,electric-magnetic valves,emission gas controlling value, fuel injectors,relay.etc.
- 【Car Manufacturer Warnings】1. To make Pen power signal detector test components, there will be a clignote LED and corresponding spoken language if park run very well.
2. With 2 different detectors on high sensitivity test can be power lines.
3. About a detector Pen line antenna to specific test results.
4. There are about detector Pen model overturned.Used for normal test, are being used to strong magnetic field test.
- 【High Quality】 Made of high-quality aluminum material for durability and high quality.
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Ignition Testers
Before choosing a ignition testers, you should take the following considerations into account.
When purchasing an ignition tester, it is important to consider the following factors: -The type of test you want to perform – spark, Ignition pull or knock -The required number of tests – 4, 8 or 16 -The price -The quality of the testing equipment
Related Frequently Asked Questions
How Does An Ignition Tester Work?
An ignition tester is a device that uses an electricity supply to measure the sparks that come from the fire in an engine. This information can help engineers find problems with the engine and fix them.
Is There A Tool To Test Ignition Coils?
There is no tool specifically designed to test ignition coils, but there are a variety of methods that can be used to check coil performance. Some common methods include testing the resistance of the coil in question, testing the heat of combustion, and checking the spark around the coil.
What Tool Is Used To Test The Condition Of The Ignition System?
A spark plug.
What Is The Purpose Of A Spark Tester?
A spark tester is used to test the effectiveness of a fire starter by making small sparkles with a metal point.
There is no definitive answer as to which ignition testers are the best for your particular application. It depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some of the most popular and expensive testers include spark plugs, glow plugs, and glow starters.