Iron is an essential mineral that helps the body form red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the body’s tissues. A lack of iron can lead to anemia, a condition in which there are not enough red blood cells. Symptoms of anemia include fatigue, shortness of breath, and pale skin. There are two types of anemia: iron deficiency anemia and anemia caused by other factors. Iron deficiency anemia is the most common type and is caused by a lack of iron in the diet or by bleeding. Anemia caused by other factors can be due to a lack of vitamin B12, folate, or other minerals. There are many different types of iron supplements available. The best type
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best iron supplements that will win your heart.
10 Best Iron Supplements People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Gentle Iron Tablets: Clinically shown to increase iron levels without nausea or constipation
- Vital Nutrients: Formulated with vitamin C and beet root
- Nourishing Ingredients: Includes folic acid and vitamin B12 for healthy red blood cell production
- Better Health Starts with Nature: We use real food and added nutrients in our premium supplements
- Goodness is in Our Roots: We believe you are what you do, and so we’re obsessed with quality
- Vitron-C, now dye free, is high potency iron supplement for iron deficiency and boosts energy by helping to fight fatigue in users with low iron levels
- Contains 125 mg of Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system and to improve iron absorption
- Contains carbonyl iron which provides gradual and gentle iron absorption and helps minimize constipation
- Gluten-free, vegan and no artificial colors or flavors
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Rapidly absorbed female formula. Red blood cell production, energy, and general health support for women. Full daily value, potent but gentle menstrual cycle, pre, and postnatal formula.
- All the iron you need. Women are particularly susceptible to an iron deficiency when pregnant and from blood loss during periods. These pills contain 35mg, which is 194 percent of your daily value.
- Full of folate. Also known as folic acid or vitamin B-9, folate is an essential DNA and blood cell builder and protects against anemia. A single pill provides 167 percent of your daily folate value.
- Prenatal support. Folate is especially important for normal fetal development. Pregnancy. Full support packed into a single fuss-free, easy-to-take tablet each day.
- Does this sound like you? Fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, pale skin, brittle nails, and hair could indicate iron or folate deficiency. Consider a supplement and taking advice from a doctor.
- A NECESSARY COMPONENT OF HEMOGLOBIN: Iron is a necessary component of hemoglobin, the oxygen carrier responsible for delivering oxygen to the cells, including muscle cells. (1) Nature’s Bounty Iron helps promote normal red blood cell production (1)
- HELPS MAINTAIN ENERGY UTILIZATION (1): Iron supports energy utilization, helping you to feel your best (1)
- SUPPORTS WOMEN’S HEALTH (1): Everyone needs Iron, but pregnancy and menstruation may increase Iron requirements. Often recommended as a mineral supplement for women, Nature’s Bounty Iron offers the daily nutritional support you need (1)
- NECESSARY FOR OVERALL HEALTH: Taking a daily Iron supplement with Ferrus Sulfate helps provide your body with the iron it needs for daily functioning. (1)
- FROM THE TRUSTED WELLNESS EXPERTS: Nature’s Bounty Iron is a product of 50 years of dedication to quality, consistency and scientific research to make vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence
- Advanced, Patented Form Of Iron; Solgar Gentle Iron 25mg is gentle on your system; Non-constipating, Stomach friendly iron supplement for women and men
- Enhanced Absorption Formulation; Helps promote iron rich blood; Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, the protein that carries oxygen from lungs to all body tissues and cells
- Supports Energy Utilization; Iron promotes normal red blood cell production; Iron is a key mineral and essential nutrient for many biological functions
- Non GMO And Gluten Free; Solgar Gentle Iron 25mg Vegetable Capsules are suitable for vegans; Free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial flavor, sweetener, and color
- The Gold Standard: For over 70 years Solgar has been committed to quality, health, and well-being. Our mission is to create the finest nutritional supplements in small batches, through tireless research, using only the finest raw materials
- Muscular Function: Iron-C provides a highly utilizable form of iron to support optimal muscle function.*
- Daily Wellness: Iron is necessary to manufacture myoglobin, a transporter of oxygen found in muscle tissue which causes the chemical reactions that initiate muscle contractions.*
- Enhanced Absorption: Vitamin C enhances the intestinal absorption of iron and provides immune support.*
- Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts, then carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
- Pure Difference: What makes us different isn't just our process or what goes into our supplements -- what we leave out matters, too. Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, and unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives.
- Well-Absorbed Iron: Provides 25 mg of elemental iron per capsule in a non-constipating, well-absorbed form as iron bisglycinate
- Fight Fatigue: Helps fight fatigue and other signs of an iron deficiency, which can manifest as weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, tinnitus, drowsiness, irritability, infrequent menstruation, and loss of libido
- Blood Building: An essential mineral for the formation of new red blood cells
- Certified For Sport: Supports high-performance nutrition programs and is NSF Certified for Sport
- Trusted: Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content. Thorne is also a proud partner of 11 U.S. Olympic Teams
- Essential Nutrient: Iron is important for blood production, cellular health, energy metabolism, and overall health. In fact, iron is important for transporting oxygen through the body! Adequate oxygen levels are crucial for good health, and sufficient iron intake helps ensure that you’re getting the oxygen you need.
- Overall Health & Wellness: Support your overall health & wellness by replenishing iron levels with this supplement, in a delicious berry flavor. Iron is a critical component of hemoglobin and myoglobin, proteins of red blood cells and muscle cells respectively. Red blood cells — through their relationship with hemoglobin — accept, store, and transport oxygen throughout the body as needed.
- Enhanced Absorption: Our Liquid Iron comes from bioavailable Ferrochel, otherwise known as ferrous bisglycinate chelate, a unique form of Iron that may have higher absorption rates and increased tolerability than Iron salts. It is not uncommon for individuals, especially women and children, to be deficient in Iron, which is an essential nutrient.
- Easy-to-Take Liquid: This essential mineral comes in liquid form so it’s easy to swallow and adaptable for measuring doses as needed for your family — even when the kiddos need a smaller dose. Suitable for ages 4 and up. Shake well before use. Adults take 1 tablespoon once daily. See dosage chart for further recommendations. Do not exceed the suggested dose.
- Free of Common Allergens: Non-GMO, Vegan, No Artificial Colors. Liquid iron made in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) Facility. Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten & Wheat Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Nightshade Free, Sugar Free. Per Serving (1 Tbsp): 18mg Iron (from Ferrochel Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate). Each bottle comes with 30 servings.
- Fusion Lifestyle soft chews contain 45 mg of iron per serving, plus 60 mg of vitamin c to boost iron absorption. Add iron supplements to your daily routine. Whether you're looking for an iron mineral supplement to boost your intake, or just adding to your wellness journey, these soft chewables are an excellent addition!
- The suggested use is to take 1 per day. Enjoy a sweet and fruity cherry taste. There are 60 individually wrapped soft chews making it roughly a 2 month supply in each bottle.
- These soft chews are perfect for bariatric patients, those suffering from anemia, women, men, prenatal, postnatal, or anyone looking for an iron mineral supplement.
- We're a globally recognized nutraceutical company specializing in the development, manufacturing and distribution of safe, convenient and effective bariatric nutritional supplements.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA! We're committed to identifying best practices for lifestyle nutritional solutions. Our facility is GMP certified and conveniently located in Buffalo, NY.
- BOOSTED IRON ABSORPTION: Vitamin Code RAW non-binding iron pills contain 28mg of gentle whole food iron and whole food vitamins C, B-6, and B-12 to support iron absorption and utilization
- PROBIOTICS AND ENZYMES: Our vegan iron supplement includes a RAW probiotic and enzyme blend for digestive support.Kosher
- ENERGY SUPPLEMENT: Our iron vitamins support healthy hemoglobin levels, healthy blood circulation, healthy homocysteine metabolism, increased energy, improved physical performance, and skin health
- NATURAL COFACTORS: Vitamin Code iron supplements include a RAW Veggie Mineral Blend of 17 organically grown vegetables & 75 ancient soil based alkalizing trace minerals containing natural cofactors
- VEGAN VITAMIN: Our real food iron supplement is RAW, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free with No Binders or Fillers. Offers anemia support
What To Look For Before Buying Best Iron Supplements
Before choosing a iron supplements, you should take the following considerations into account.
If you are looking for a top quality iron supplement, it is important to choose one that has been proven to be effective. There are a variety of different supplements on the market, so it is important to read the labels carefully to find the one that is right for you. Additionally, research the product thoroughly before buying so you can be sure you are getting what you expect.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Best Form Of Iron To Take?
Iron is best taken in the form of chews, tablets, or injections.
Is It Ok To Take An Iron Supplement Every Day?
There is not a definitive answer as to whether or not it is OK to take an iron supplement every day. Some people feel that taking anIron supplement everyday reduces the risk of developing serious health problems such as Iron Deficiency Anemia, while others do not believe that taking an Iron supplement daily poses any real risk. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide for themselves whether or not they believe that taking an Iron supplement every day is a good idea.
Who Should Not Take An Iron Supplement?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to ensure you are getting the most iron from your supplements is to speak with a healthcare professional. However, some people believe that taking an iron supplement may increase the risk of blood clots or other health problems, so it is important to be sure to speak with a doctor before starting any supplement regimen.
How Can I Raise My Iron Levels Quickly?
If you are struggling with your iron levels, it is important to consult a doctor. There are a few ways to raise your iron levels quickly, but all of them require some fairly large effort on your part. First and foremost, increase your intake of vitamin C, which can help boost your iron absorption. Then, drink plenty of fluids and avoid eating Hungry Man snacks or heavy meals in the evening. Finally, make sure to exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet that includes fiber and animal protein.
for women There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best iron supplements for women will vary depending on her individual needs. However, some ideal supplements for women include chromium, vitamin B12, and omega-3s.