Japanese chef knives are considered some of the best in the world. They are typically made with high-quality materials and construction, and offer a variety of features that make them perfect for cooking. Some of the most popular Japanese chef knives include the Santoku, Gyuto, and Nakiri knives.
Which Are The Best Japanese Chefs Knives From Our Choice
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best japanese chefs knives that will win your heart.
10 Best Japanese Chefs Knives People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle- To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
- Ultra-sharp edge- Sharpness is key to achieving the best cuts and this is evident in the knife's blade which is quite sharp and will remain this way even after tough tasks such as cutting tough meat or removing flesh from bones. The sharpness is further boosted by use of the latest Japanese engineering
- Corrosion and stainless blade-In addition to carbon, 16-18% chrome is also included in the blade's metal composition. This gives its a glossy finish which will not tarnish even after using it for a long time, making it the perfect gift for mother's day, father's day, wedding and birthday
- [Traditional Japanese Hand Forging] Professional Japanese chef's knife inherits the traditional Japanese hand forging method; combined with advanced technology and materials. Through the knifemaker's manual fine knife shape and pounding out the gorgeous pounding texture; into the perfect forging art and craftsmanship. Insist on completing a perfect kitchen chef's knife through 45 days of hand forging.
- [High Quality Cooking Chef Knives] Gyuto chef knife is made of 3 layers of top grade 9CR18MOV high carbon steel with precision quenching and vacuum cold nitrogen treatment. It greatly enhances the characteristics of corrosion resistance, rust prevention and toughness; the hardness is up to 58±2HRC. 2.5mm ultra-thin sharp blade can keep the ideal ripeness of fruits, vegetables in the best condition and meat in the most delicious moment when cutting.
- [Solid Rosewood Knife Handle] The Japanese high carbon knife is made of precious summer sourwood wood from Southeast Asia. And features an ergonomically designed octagonal balanced wood handle; minimizing wrist tension and different aspects giving you great flexibility to adjust your cutting angle; while providing a secure, comfortable grip.
- [Perfect Cooking Cookware Gift Choice] Japanese knives combine high-end materials and first-class craftsmanship; perfect for home cooks and professional chefs alike. And with professional gift box packaging is the perfect gift for family and friends at Christmas, weddings, birthdays, Father's Day, Mother's Day.
- [High Carbon Knives Important Notes] MITSUMOTO SAKARI products pass strict quality audits. If you find any quality problems with the chef knife, please contact us immediately by email. Our professional service team will give you a satisfactory answer.
- [Japanese Damascus Knives] Kiritsuke Knife is made of 67 layers 440C Damascus steel (59±2 HRC) using traditional Japanese hand forging technology combined with vacuum deep cooling treatment; enhancing sharpness, durability and corrosion resistance.
- [Dazzling Knife Handles] Collaboration with famous Japanese designers to design dazzling series of knife handles. Shadowwood Treegranate incorporates unique patterns and colors; a unique color structure flows through the world of knife handles. It will be a pleasure to use it.
- [Professional Japanese Chef's Knife] Each Kiritsuke knife is carefully machined and forged using multiple processes to achieve the optimal balance of hardness, toughness and sharpness to deliver unparalleled performance. These chef's knives are perfect for chopping, slicing and cutting any fruit, fish, meat, sushi and vegetables.
- [High-End Gift Choices] The Universal Chef's Knife has an ultra-sharp edge and perfect curvature (13°) to meet all the chef's requirements for a knife. With its exquisite sandalwood gift box and gorgeous appearance, it is the gift every home chef and professional chef looks forward to on special holidays.
- [Product Commitment] ミツモトサカリ products have been strictly audited and certified. Unconditional replacement or refund policy for defects, risk-free trial. If you have any questions, please contact us, we will give you a satisfactory answer.
- 🔪【Professional Kitchen Knife Set】SANDEWILY 3PCS chef knife set include a 8-inch chef knife,a 7.5-inch cutting knife,and a 5-inch paring knife,they are the best choices for cutting,dicing,slicing,chopping vegetables fruits meats cheeses etc.To be a professional chef,this unique/multi-purpose/carefully-designed set is preferred.These professional knives will be your dependable companion,easy cooking effortless.
- 🍉【Comfortable Use】The handle is made from Pakka wood,and the knife neck and tail are designed with steel cushion. The firm and durable cushion provides perfect stability and control force. The material is not easy to shrink,fade and deform. The size, length and shape of the handle conform to ergonomics,which can provide better grip strength,comfort and flexibility,and reduce fatigue caused by long-term use. And make sure each knife has a sheath to protect your blade and fingers.
- 🍖【High Quality Steel】Our chef knives are made from the German high-quality high carbon stainless steel,the blade has high hardness anti-corrosion,wear-resistant,durable and sharpness. The carbon content is 0.5%,it make the hardness to HRC56±2. With carefully sharpening by our professional craftsmen,the blade edge reached 8-12 degrees per side. Be careful,these knives are extremely sharp! Mind you don't cut yourself.
- 🍕【Easy to Wash and Stain Resistant】Food grade metallic paint has beautiful luster,laminated polishing can prevent tool rust, corrosion and adhesion,clean and sanitary structure,and will not fade or lose luster even after long-term use. This set of kitchen knife is easy to clean and can accompany you for a long time under the proper cleaning method. Hand washing is better. Please dry it with a cloth after washing. This set of knives is perfect for family and restaurant kitchen .
- 🌽【Gifts and Excellent service】SANDEWILY kitchen knife set is equipped with scabbard and a premium box. It is an ideal gift of choice for birthday,wedding, anniversary,Mother's Day,Father's Day,Christmas,chef,family warmth and so on. If you have any questions,please feel free to contact us. We want each of customers to have a 100% good shopping experience.
- [TOP HAND-FORGED CRAFTS] Gyuto chef's knife designed by professional and famous Japanese knife maker ミツモトサカリ himself. Forged in top 440C Damascus steel using the Japanese samurai sword forging method with seven layers of laminated steel. It took 5 months to forge a chef's knife with high toughness and hardness.
- [RARE BURL WOOD KNIFE HANDLE] Precious maple wood with long natural burl is cut to create a rare professional chef knife handle. The ergonomically designed tang style handle provides excellent hand control and perfect balance to create a perfect cleaver kitchen knife.
- [JAPAN CHEF'S KNIFE DETAILS] The chef's knives is 8 inch (207 mm) long with a 5.12 inch handle and 60±2 HRC hardness. The combination of gorgeous curved design and top quality craftsmanship creates a high quality 2.2mm blade chef's knife; It preserves the moment when fruits reach their ideal ripeness, vegetables are in their best condition or meat is at its most flavorful.
- [HIGH ARTISTIC VALUE COLLECTION] Top quality hand-forged art chef's knives combine many precious elements that are highly collectible and useful. Gorgeous looking and perfectly functional chef's knives are what every home cook and professional chef looks forward to using. And with the special sandalwood sheath and gift box, we believe this is the perfect gift for your beloved friends and family on special holidays.
- [SINCERE SERVICE] ミツモトサカリ products have been strictly audited and certified. Unconditional replacement or refund policy for defects, risk-free trial. If you have any questions, please contact us, we will give you a satisfactory answer.
- The VG-10 Hammered Damascus Series has been a perennial best seller, combining performance, beauty, and extraordinary value.
- [[TRADITIONAL GYUTO STYLE] The most versatile and essential of all knives a cook can have is a Japanese chefs knife known as a Gyuto knife.
- The Gyuto is a Japanese chefs knife with a curved blade that smoothly rocks back and forth and has an extended tip for quick chopping that can be used to cut meat, fish, and vegetables.
- [46 LAYERS DAMASCUS VG-10] Proudly made in Japan and forged and hammered with 46 layers of steel in the Damascus tradition with a VG-10 Core.
- [HAMMERED TEXTURE] The hammered texture of the blade eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade.
- [ERGONOMIC OCTAGONAL WA-HANDLE] This knife is complimented with a traditional Japanese Wa-style handcrafted Octagonal Handle that is lightweight and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use.
- [INCLUDED SAYA KNIFE COVER] A protective wooden sheath called a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use.
- [WHETSTONE RECOMMENDED] Traditional Japanese knife making values a sharp edge, which requires attention and care. Sharpening and honing should be done with only water whetstones.
- [CARE & HANDLING] Hand wash and dry only, and do so immediately if working with acidic ingredients. Do not use on objects such as bones, nutshells, and frozen foods.
- From dicing, slicing, and chopping fresh produce from a farmer’s market to carving a roast chicken straight from the oven, even the simplest tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional.
- JAPANESE CHEF'S KNIFE: The Shun 10-inch Classic Chef's knife is the perfect all-purpose kitchen knife. It's ideal for preparing fruit, vegetables, meat and more.
- LONG 10-INCH KNIFE: This Japanese kitchen knife is perfect for people who prefer a longer chef's knife. It provides additional cutting leverage and allows you to cut more ingredients with fewer strokes.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-MAX cutting core and clad in 68 layers of stainless Damascus, this chef knife is corrosion and stain resistant with a strong, razor-sharp edge.
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The D-shaped, ebony-finished Pakkawood handle is durable, beautiful, doesn't harbor bacteria, and comfortable to use for both left- and right-handed users.
- TRADITIONAL, ARTISAN CUTLERY: Inspired by the traditions of ancient Japan, Shun knives are handcrafted by highly skilled artisans to produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
- 8-1/2" KIRITSUKE KNIFE: This Kiritsuke knife is part of Kyoku's premier Shogun series, manufactured with modern technology and traditional craftsmanship; its Japanese 67 layer Damascus VG-10 steel blade has been cryogenically treated and paired with a perfectly balanced handle offering superior precision and control for home chefs and culinary professionals alike
- ULTRA-SHARP BLADES: Sharpened to an 8 to 12 degree edge using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method, this knife delivers exceptionally precise cuts through meat, fish, vegetables, and more with negligible resistance; the 8.5" Japanese VG-10 stainless steel blade’s 58-60 HRC strength provides unrivaled performance, superior corrosion resistance, and exceptional edge retention
- CASE & FIBERGLASS HANDLES: The carefully constructed fiberglass handle with its signature mosaic pin withstands cold, heat, corrosion, and moisture; the provided sheath and case allow you to preserve and store your knife keeping it clean and secure
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This knife’s meticulous craftsmanship provides you with the perfect shape and blade to handle weight distribution needed for well-balanced work, preventing fatigue and cramping even in professional settings requiring heavy use
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Order this Shogun-class paring knife with peace of mind thanks to its strong and lifelong warranty and Kyoku's usual friendly 24/7 customer service!
- 100% from Japan's High Quality Steel - FAMCUTE series uses 9CR18MOV. A great steel for the everyday use of any chef. With an HRC of 60+/-2 it will take an angled edge and hold it for long enough to help extend the life of your knife (w/ general maintenance). The clad dimple allow for easy food release while slicing or dicing. This blade is great for vegetables, fruits, fish, and meats. [Please refrain from cutting frozen products as this may detriment the knife's edge.]
- Ergonomic Design- Design inspiration are designed to show the special beauty of chef’s knives. While focusing on comfortability, and efficiency for the everyday chef. Blade length is 21.2cm and handle length is 15.3 cm with an overall length of 36.5cm. When a pinch grip is used the blade length is considered “true 8” inch” where the user will be able to maximize maneuverability of the blades cutting edge
- Full of Natural Handles - Is crafted from African rosewood, and is a great compliment to the beauty and comfort to the knife user. The stability of the handle allows the user full manipulation of the blade. This makes for effective use for precision, and endurance cuts. This handle makes mis en plas (food prep) FUN again
- Weight/Balance- The balance point runs heel to spine up the billet. Allowing the user a comfortable grip with precise cuts, and less wear and tear on the users hands. The weight is towards the blade of the knife making for efficient use during rock chopping motion.
- FAMCUTE's PROMISE- Quality is a massive focus of ours products. As a promise to our customers, When you open the package and receive a knife with any quality problems, we will replace it free of charge.
- Professional Santoku Knife: This imarku Super Sharp Santoku Knife is made of German HC stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
- Ultra-Sharp Edge: Sharpness is key. The professional knife blade polishing makes this Japanese knife be more sharper than others, and it has been proven its ability to withstand the rigors of tough restaurant use. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 15-18 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly.
- Hollow Edge Design: The 7-inch santoku chef knife scalloped hollow edge is add gap between the knife blade and the material being cut, keeping things from sticking to the knife blade, special for slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- Ergonomic Design: Advanced Pakkawood Handle manufacturing process minimizes wrist tension while providing a secure, comfortable grip no matter your hand size or where you grip. Special texture, smoothly. Compare to other Pakkawood, it is way more stable and sanitary, No expantion, no crack like traditional wood and pakkawood handle, which asures you the best food safety.
- The Perfect Gifts: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for whoever you love.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Japanese Chefs Knives
Before choosing a japanese chefs knives, you should take the following considerations into account.
There is no one definitive answer to this question as different people have different preferences when it comes to what type of knife they would like to purchase. However, some general tips that may be helpful include checking the price, the quality of the knife, and the size of the knife. Additionally, it can be helpful to read user reviews before making a purchase.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Do Professional Chefs Use Japanese Knives?
Professional chefs in the United States and many other countries use Japanese knives.
What Knife Do Japanese Chefs Use?
A chef’s knife is used to cut many different types of food such as sushi, tempura, and so on.
What Japanese Knife Does Gordon Ramsay Use?
Gordon Ramsay uses a sakai knife which is a long bladed knife made from hickory.
What Is A Good Japanese Knife Brand?
Kanebo is a good Japanese knife brand.
There is no definitive answer as to which type of Japanese chefs knives are the best, but they all have a place in a kitchen. Some of the more popular knife types include the katana, shinai, and yagyu.