A contractor table saw is a saw that is designed for use in a workshop. It is a type of table saw that is larger and more powerful than a portable saw. A contractor table saw has a bigger table, a more powerful motor, and a heavier frame. It is also typically wider and deeper than a portable saw.
Here Are Our Top 10 Jet Contractor Table Saws At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Jet Contractor Table Saws People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- NEWLY-DESIGNED ARBOR LOCK: Change blades quickly and easily.
- QUICK-RELEASE RIVING KNIFE Hassle-free riving knife changes.
- IMPROVED DUST SHROUD AROUND BLADE: Greater dust collection.
- CONVENIENT, MAGNETIC PADDLE SWITCH: For the safest operation possible.
- CSA CERTIFIED: For added safety, this saw follows strict guidelines and electrical requirements.
- MEASURE YOUR FACTORY INSERT AND COMPARE SIZE BEFORE YOU ORDER. Zero Clearance inserts are table saw specific. Since every table saw brand and manufacturer is different, we recommend that you measure the exact length, width and thickness of your table saw insert or opening and compare it to the size we list. Also be aware of the shape of your current insert of whether its round, square ends or if there are any indents or protruding notches. Insert colors may vary from images shown.
- If you own a table saw, then you probably have had smaller pieces of wood get caught between the saw blade and the factory supplied throat plate opening. This can cause that piece of wood to jam up against the blade and go flying across the room or worse yet, right back at you. Zero clearances help minimize this situation from happening since there is no gap between the blade and the zero clearance opening. The opening is more like a custom slot cut to the exact width of your table saw blade.
- Another great reason to use a zero clearance insert is to help reduce that pesky and irritating tear out you always tend to get on your cuts. Without a zero clearance, the wood has no support by the blade to prevent the wood from tearing out. This is especially true when cutting plywood. Zero clearance inserts help prevent tear out by essentially enveloping the blade on all sides which doesn’t allow the wood to tear out since there is not gap between the blade and insert.
- Zero Clearance inserts can be used in conjunction with most any table saw blade including thin kerf, standard kerf and carbide tipped blades. You can also use zero clearance inserts with dado blade sets. The reason you would use zero clearance inserts with dado blades is to reduce the amount of tear out the dado blade set produces. We recommend that you use separate zero clearance inserts for dado blades since the gap for dados will be much wider than standard width table saw blades.
- This zero clearance insert is made from a high density phenolic material that was chosen for its ability to stand up to everyday workshop use. The insert features two Snug Fit sand-able side tabs that allow you to remove a little material at a time for a perfect fit if necessary. The insert also features a top and a side Snug Fit Screw for a tight fit to you saw with no movement!
- Insert Dimensions: 12-1/2” x 3-9/16” x 7/16” - JT-164 Jet/Powermatic 64A Zero-Clearance Table Saw Insert
- Made from high-density phenolic laminate with a bonded-melamine surface
- Small Jet, Grizzly, Powermatic 64 insert will fitvarious models of table saws.
- Includes leveling screws, side and end adjustment screws;pre-cut blade bottom pocket
- Please check your Length x Width x Thickness of your current insert before ordering
- Fits: Delta: Unisaw & LEFT-TILT UNISAW, 10" Contractor,10" Tilt Arbor Saw, "Hybrid" & Left-Tilt Contractor, Grizzly G1023, Jet CTAS-10, Powermatic 63, Sears Craftsman 22104, 22114, 22124, Bridgewood BW10TS, Steel City 35605, 35610, 35670, 35675, 35680, 35685
- Measures: 13-3/8" x 3-3/4" x 1/2" (Please measure before ordering)
- Offers superior rigidity, flatness, durability, and low friction; reduces chip-out and splintering
- Elimantes dangerous gap around blade where thin off-cuts can get wedged
- Includes leveling screws, side and end adjustment screws; rear safety pin; precut blade bottom pocket for fully retracted blades and bevel cuts
- Time to tune up your contractor table saw! Contractor table saw misalignment is common on a lot of saws. However, it is also one of the easiest issues to fix at a relatively low cost to do so. PALS allow you to make fine adjustments to the contractor saws rear trunnions, giving you the central to turn you saw into a perfectly aligned, precision cutting machine.
- If you own a contractor style table saw (your table saw motor hanging out the back of the saw denotes a contractor style saw), you may have noticed that the saw may not be properly aligned. Meaning, the saw blade is not parallel with the miter slot on our table saw top. A poorly aligned table saw is not only frustrating to use, but also is dangerous to operate.
- The smartly made but simple to install PALS (Precision Alignment and Locking System) offer the perfect solution to getting your contractor table saw properly aligned without all the headaches. For years, the accepted technique for aligning contractor table saws was normally accomplished with a hammer and a piece of wood along with a bit of brute force. Not something we should be doing to our woodworking investment.
- The main component of the system are the “L” brackets with micro-adjusting screws. We use to these to make the necessary adjustments. The end result of Precision Alignment & Locking System (PALS) installation can be a perfectly aligned saw in less than 15 minutes, and the rear trunnion will be “locked in position” to prevent the saw from coming out of alignment again.
- PALS are designed for most saws where the motor hangs out the rear. Installing them on “hybrid” saws may prove difficult, as access to the rear housing (trunnion) may be very limited. PALS are available in 3 stud sizes, which will fit most saws with 5/16”, 3/8”, or 8MM bolts that hold the rear trunnion in position. Before ordering, please measure the bolt that holds your rear trunnions in place. If it does not match any of the three size mentioned here, the PALS will not work with your saw.
- The Fulton Miter Gauge is a high quality, well thought out and economical solution for your table saw cross cutting needs.The Aluminum Miter fence is equally well thought out with its 45 degree ends for unsurpassed workpiece support and its ability to mounted to most any miter gauge. Also included is a handy aluminum flip stop for repetitive angled cuts on your table saw. Together these three items are the perfect compliment to each other for your table saw cutting needs.
- The .200” thick, adjustable, solid aluminum head is machined with 13 positive stop holes. 1 hole is at 90 degrees while the 6 holes on both sides are at 22.5, 30, 45, 60, 67.5 and 90 degrees. The positive stops are perfect for many woodworking projects as they are the angles that are typically used.To adjust the head you simply loosen the post knob handle, pull the spring loaded indexing pin outward, rotate the head to the desired position, release the pin and lock into place.
- The head is mounted to a solid steel miter bar that measure 18” in length and is .354” thick by .730” wide. Standard miter slots are 3/4” x 3/8” with a 1/8” “T” slot (slight variances from brand to brand) running the length on the bottom of the slot. The steel miter bar is equipped with a metal, removable retaining disc that measures 7/8” in diameter and is just shy of 1/8” to fit into to the “T” slot to prevent accidental lifting when feeding your stock through.
- Made from a single piece of extruded aluminum, this precision miter gauge fence is not only durable, its accurate and saves setup time. The fence is designed to be used with most any miter gauge with its off-set mounting track on the back of the fence. The off-set track allows you to flip the fence for lower profile miter gauge mounts and flip back for standard height miter gauges. The fence can be mounted to older miter gauges by adding a wooden block mount with wooden screws if necessary.
- Both ends of the fence are cut at exactly 45 degrees. This allows you to position the fence extra close to the saw blade (with the power turned off) so you have even more control over the workpiece you are cutting. The fence comes with a flip stop that makes repetitive cuts a breeze. When not in use the flip stop can be flipped up and out of the way. Also include are two sticky back measuring tapes. 1 tape is left to right reading and the other is right to left reading.
- Powerful table saw has 15-Amp saw with 4.0 max HP and 3,650 rpm, for rip-cutting and cross cutting of fine and rough materials
- Dimensions: 32.5" D x 27" L x 13" H, Product weight: 94 lb
- Soft-start circuitry – manages intensity of motor start-up and minimizes the likelihood possibility of tripping a circuit breaker
- Constant Response circuitry: Helps maintain speed under load
- Restart protection: Helps to avoid accidental startup
- Portability: Works seamlessly with the included lighter GTA47W Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand for easy jobsite mobility, with single-action setup and take down
- Smart Guard System: Riving knife and anti-kickback pawls provide protection, while the guard assembly provides a barrier to help prevent blade contact while allowing an unobstructed view of the cut
- Genuine, OEM Replacement Part
- Replacement open-end wrench, part number 489578-00
- Compatible with: FS210LS Type 1, FS210LS Type 2
- Measures approximately 24.00 X 4.75 X 1.50 inches
- Riving knife maintains close blade proximity to reduce chance of kickback
- Integrated arbor lock is accessed from table top for rapid blade change
- Blade guard and riving knife have quick release for tool-less mounting and removal
- Enclosed cabinet with exclusive leg stand design for easy assembly
- Heavy duty cast iron table with T-style miter gauge slot
- ⭐Replacement for: 489105-00, 46023, 901801,1344600,400060680002, 903981, 1343759, OR90037, 438010170141
- ⭐Fits with:Ryobi BD46023 J-9301 E156275,Dewalt,Craftsman OR90037 OR9OO37 0R90037, Harbor Freight,Rockwell,Grizzly,Northern Tool,Powermatic,Hitachi, Reliant, Performax, Dayton, Jet, Ryobi 080900062530 BD46023 080900062522 BD4600 BD4601 BD4601G Sander, Black and Decker Power Tools, BDSA100 Sander, SM300 Drill Press, Power Tools Planer Band Saw Drill Press Table Saw Grinder Sander
- ⭐Compatibe with Delta 489105-00 11-900 11-950 11-980 11-985 11-990 14-040 17-900 DP400 DP300L 17-950L Drill Press, 34-670 36-600 36-977 36-978 36-980 36-981 TS200LS 36-982 BS100 BS220LS SM200L SM400 TS200 TS220LS TS300 TS350 22-540 23-655 23-675 28-150 28-195 28-560 31-325 36-977 36-978 36-979 36-980 36-981 36-982 37-275X 37-380 46-715 31-120 31-250 31-252 31-255X 31-340 31-460 31-695 31-750 31-780 SA350 SA446 SM500 Sander, 22-540 22-560 22-565 22-580 Planer
- ⭐Specification:125/250V; 20/12A; The toggle switch is suitable for the opening 7/8" x 1.5"The swith is made of high quality which is tested by manufacture
- ⭐PACKAGE INCLUDES:1pc Toggle Switch
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Jet Contractor Table Saws
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best jet contractor table saws that meets your needs.
A Jet contractor table saw is a great tool for those who want to build a variety of things. They can be used to cut through materials with ease and can be used for a variety of tasks such as joinery, roofing, and carpenter’s tools. The best ones usually have the precision of a top toolknight and the performance of a amateur seamer. This makes them perfect for less experienced or smaller projects. There are also the traditional table saws in the form of modify or pilot machines. All of these can be used to cut any type of wood, from alone to total construction materials. If you are looking for a jet contractor table saw then consider the following: The first thing you should look for is the TYPE of wood you want to cut. Then, get started by finding the type of wood you need to work with. More
Best jet contractor table saws is because they have the perfect track record for customers in how they have worked with them and can offer tips on how to improve the work.