A laptop is a must-have for college students. It’s a great way to keep track of your assignments, do research, and stay connected with friends and family. But if you’re on a tight budget, it can be tough to find a good laptop that doesn’t break the bank. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best laptops for college students on a budget. We’ve included both Windows and Mac laptops, so you can choose the best option for your needs. And we’ve also highlighted some great deals on laptops so you can get the most bang for your buck.
Which Are The Best Laptop For College Budget From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best laptop for college budget and choose the one you like the most.
Top 10 Best Laptop For College Budget You Should Go For In 2022
- This everyday laptop is powered by an Intel Celeron N4020 processor, 4GB DDR4 RAM, and 64 GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy videos or browse online on a 14" HD display panel, framed by narrow bezels
- Dolby Audio delivers crystal-clear sound through the built-in dual stereo speakers
- Light and slim, this Windows 10 laptop computer (S mode) weighs just over 3 lbs and is less than 1 inch thick
- WiFi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity; ports include 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-A), microSD Card Reader; HDMI; Microphone / Earphone Combo
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Get high performance when you need it – The Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – Just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera. Bluetooth 4.2
- Users love it; "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost Technology, get up to 4.1GHz for your high-demand applications
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
- Secure Operating System: Windows 11 Home (S Mode) comes with advanced security features built right in, like protections against phishing and malicious software so you don't have to think twice when navigating to a new webpage or downloading an app
- Ports For All Your Accessories: USB 3.2 Type-C, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Power-off Charging), USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP support, headphone, speaker, line-out jack, Ethernet (RJ-45), DC-in for AC adapter
- What's In the Box: Acer Aspire Laptop, AC Adapter, Power Cord
- 【Processor】Dual Core Intel Celeron N4020 , 2.80GHz Brust Frequency, 6W TDP, 4MB Cache, Featuring true machine intelligence and a newly designed efficient architecture, the groundbreaking processor learns and adapts to your needs so you can achieve more
- 【Display】14" HD (1366 x 768) Display with NanoEdge and up to 178 degree viewing angles, narrow bezel design, enables you to focus more on your work and studies
- 【Memory & Storage】4GB High-Bandwidth DDR4 Memory, 64GB Storage, Smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time, ensure the smoothness of daily use and improve your work efficiency
- 【Operating System】 Windows 11 Home | 12Hrs+ Battery Life
- 【Included in the package】Bundled with Oydisen Cloth
- POWER THROUGH FROM ANYWHERE – Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch Laptop combines long-lasting battery life with a thin and portable design.
- FULL HD DISPLAY – Enjoy your favorite content in 1080p for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality (1). Beyond pixel count, your display lets you see more from anywhere thanks to the micro-edge bezel and anti-glare screen
- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES – Whether you are creating, working, or being entertained, do it all with the supreme performance of the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Mobile Processor and AMD Radeon Graphics (2) (3).
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Boost your performance with higher bandwidth, courtesy of 8 GB of RAM. Plus, with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage, save all of your photos, videos, and documents while getting up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive (4) (5).
- STAY CONNECTED – Have convenient power all day with up to 9 hours and 45 minutes of battery life (6); your HP laptop also recharges quickly as HP Fast Charge Technology takes your device from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (7).
- WINDOWS 11 AND WARRANTY – Work confidently with both the new and innovative Windows 11 Home operating system and the guaranteed coverage of an HP 1-year limited hardware warranty (8).
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Get a smoother wireless experience with a Wi-Fi 6 (1x2) and Bluetooth 5 combo (9) (10)
- WORK/LEARN REMOTELY – Keep in contact with your colleagues and administrators with the HP True Vision 720p HD camera featuring integrated dual-array digital microphones (11).
- CUSTOM-TUNED SPEAKERS – Enjoy exceptional stereo quality with your laptop computer’s custom-tuned, dual speaker setup.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and reduce your carbon footprint with a laptop that is ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT Silver registered (12) (13).
- No setup required. Log in to your Chromebook laptop with your Google account and you're ready to go. Easy access to collaborative tools on G Suite and the full library of apps on Google Play
- Slim and lightweight, this notebook computer goes anywhere. Running on lightning-fast Chrome OS, it boots up in seconds, updates automatically, and keeps you safe with built-in virus protection
- Enjoy your favorite streaming videos and music. The 3-side narrow bezel HD display delivers beautiful clarity, while dual 2W stereo speakers offer crystal-clear audio
- Take it with you. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you can stay productive on the go
- Stay connected with the 720p webcam, 2x2 WiFi 5 (802.11 ac), and Bluetooth 4.2 combo with WiFi card. You'll also have 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-C) ports, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 12 (Type-A) ports, a microSD Card Reader, and an audio combo jack
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 13.3-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1440 x 900 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- OS X Yosemite, Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (13) (when available, see below)
- VIBRANT DISPLAY - Your creations are brought to life with the 14-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) multitouch enabled, edge-to-edge glass display. Video Playback Battery life-Up to 10 hours and 45 minutes
- STELLAR PERFORMANCE - The 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (1) processor lets you get work done more efficiently
- EYE-CATCHING GRAPHICS - Marvel at crystal-clear imagery thanks to Intel Iris Xe Graphics (2)
- MEMORY & STORAGE - HP Envy brings you even more bandwidth with 8 GB of RAM and increased hard drive space with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (3)
- LONG-LASTING STREAMING POWER - Your laptop has up to 8 hours and 15 minutes of wireless streaming capabilities (4). Plus, HP Fast Charge takes your laptop from 0-50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (5)
- UNMATCHED AUDIO - Music, movie, and gaming sound gets a boost thanks to built-in dual speakers and audio provided by B&O
- WINDOWS 10 & WARRANTY - Work with confidence knowing your HP computer is equipped with Windows 10 Home (6), an operating system you can trust, and the HP Hardware 1-Year Limited Warranty to keep your laptop protected
- REMOTE WORK READY - Remote work and learning are made simple with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2x2) (7) and Bluetooth 5 combo (8) (Supporting Gigabit data rate) (9) and EPEAT Silver registered (11)
- BUILT RESPONSIBLY - This laptop is ENERGY STAR certified (10) and EPEAT Silver registered (11)
What To Look For Choosing The Best Laptop For College Budget
Before choosing a laptop for college budget, you should take the following considerations into account.
When it comes to buying a laptop for college, there are a few things to keep in mind. In general, the best laptops for college budget come with high-level features and hardware that will make studying and working on the computer easier and more efficient. Additionally, they should be able to handle common tasks such as surfing the web, emailing and working on documents, as well as gaming. However, while all laptops have these features, they can also vary greatly in price. So before making any decisions, it is important to read through this buying guide to find a laptop that will fit your needs and budget.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Laptops Are Good For College Cheap?
A laptop is a good option for college students who are on a tight budget.
How Much Should I Spend On A Laptop For College?
There is no definitive answer to this question since what works for one person may not work for another. However, general tips that may be useful include budgeting for a reliable laptop, choosing the right model and size, and ensuring that the laptop has a strong graphics card and enough storage space. Additionally, it is helpful to consider the type of education that you plan to pursue and whether or not a laptop will be an effective tool for studying.
What Laptop Do Most College Students Use?
Most college students use laptops to study.
The best laptop for college budget is a laptop that is affordable, has great specs, and can handle heavier loads.