A laser transit level is a precision instrument used in surveying and construction to measure horizontal and vertical angles. The level emits a laser beam that is reflected off a target and back to the instrument. A digital readout displays the angle in degrees.
Which Are The Best Laser Transit Levels From Our Choice
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best laser transit levels that will win your heart.
Top 10 Best Laser Transit Levels You Should Go For In 2022
- TURNKEY SOLUTION: The 99-006K self-leveling rotary laser system includes a soft carrying case (laser only), a 13’ grade rod, LED one sided detector, a contractor grade tripod, freestanding target, a drop-ceiling bracket, and laser glasses. Dimensions: 6.61" x 4.96" x 6.69"
- EXTERIOR RESIDENTIAL: Great for leveling forms and footings, aligning fence posts, grading/excavation, or laying out retaining walls, planting beds, and more. Rotation Speeds: 200, 400, 600 RPM. Laser Wavelength: 635nm±10nm (Red)
- VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL USE: Use vertically for laying out walls and floors, or installing metal drywall track. Use horizontally to install wainscoting, drop ceilings, or for leveling cabinets. Interior Range- Up to 200 ft. diameter depending upon light conditions. Exterior Range- Up to 800 ft. diameter with detector (included in 40-6516 and 40-6517)
- COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION: Check floor heights prior to pouring concrete or erecting walls. Check survey stake heights, and check alignment with the 90-degree split laser
- AROUND THE FARM: Perfect for checking drainage slopes, leveling outbuildings, setting fence post alignment and height, and more. Laser rotates at 200, 400 and 600 RPM for versatile use. Working Temperature: 14°-113°F. Center Screw Thread: 5/8"-11
- COMPREHENSIVE KIT: includes GRL900-20HV rotary laser, laser receiver, remote control, head unit case, 8ft. grade rod, wall mount, laser glasses, target card, and hard carrying case
- MULTIPLE HORIZONTAL APPLICATIONS: use for site preparation, stake-out for pouring concrete foundations/slabs, setting concrete forms for commercial or large residential construction, underground utility work including plumbing and more
- VERTICAL APPLICATIONS: provides a vertical beam and 90° point for wall layout, framing, windows and door installation, stud framing and more
- ELECTRONIC SELF-LEVELING: allows for easy setup and use on the job; mount threading is 5/8-11
- Class 2 laser product, <5mW power output, 635 nm
- ACCURATE LEVELING: This Johnson Rotary Laser Tool is designed to complete both indoor and outdoor leveling jobs. It is a manual leveling laser that helps you level with accuracy as high as ±1/4" per 100’.
- SCAN MODES: The manual-level rotary laser features both large and small scan modes for versatile use. The modes help achieve an accurate laser chalk line, with the laser beam ranging up to 800 ft.
- MANUAL LEVELING: The manual leveling laser has in-built leveling vials to be used for leveling in the horizontal and vertical plane. The lasers can easily be leveled by manually aligning the bubble in the vials built into the laser units.
- ROTARY LASER: This rotary aligning level kit projects a scan line that can be moved clockwise or anti-clockwise and offers adjustable rotating speeds as per requirement. The laser system offers simultaneous 90-deg. split beam functionality in the vertical mode.
- KIT INCLUDES: This Red Manual-Leveling Rotary Laser System is equipped with replaceable parts such as 4 "AA" alkaline batteries, tinted laser beam enhancement glasses, soft-sided carrying case, instruction manual, aluminum tripod, 13 ft. aluminum grade rod, detector with 2 "AAA" alkaline batteries and clamp, wall/ceiling mount.
- AREA COVERAGE: This Johnson Rotary Laser Tool is perfect for leveling on largescale areas and jobsites. It has a working diameter of 2000’ and is suitable where a rotary with slope is not required.
- HIGH QUALITY: The self-level tool features a dustproof and wash down rated housing to offer durability on work sites and in industrial spaces. The robust construction allows easy use for the dustiest outdoor jobs.
- EASY TO USE: Equipped with a heavy-duty contractor’s tripod, the rotary aligning level kit allows one-person operation for easy use. It is ideal for grading and leveling any jobsite with convenience.
- HIGH ACCURACY: This laser kit for leveling is designed with a powerful class 3A laser beam. With a red laser for increased visibility, a 90-deg. split beam function helps in vertical and horizontal leveling.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: This Self-Leveling Rotary Laser Kit is equipped with a detector and 13’ grade rod. It comes in a hard-shell carry case for easy carrying and storage.
- ✔️ BETTER ACCURACY: AdirPro Rotary Laser Detector boasts a working range of 100 feet. With an accuracy of ±1/16 inches (1 mm) and ±1/8 inches (2.5 mm), it easily directs the user to position the laser higher or lower on a grade rod. This ensures an accurate level reading all the time.
- ✔️ EASY READING: Our Laser Receiver has a dual-sided LCD display with an adjustable backlight. It displays clear and accurate readouts of the elevation, grade sensitivity, and audio and battery status. It also comes with a built-in bubble level for added convenience.
- ✔️ LONG BATTERY LIFE: Featuring an auto-shutoff feature, this Laser Detector automatically powers off after 10 minutes of inactivity. This lets you extend the device's battery life. A 9V battery will give you approximately 40 working hours of continuous use.
- ✔️ WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Our Universal Rotary Laser Detector is compatible with any Red Rotary Lasers. It works in all lighting conditions, which makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. It comes with a compatible rod mounting bracket with ¼” threading on the nut and screw.
- ✔️ ROBUST CONSTRUCTION: AdirPro 790-01 LDG-8 Universal Rotary Laser Detector boasts a heavy-duty build and construction with its hard plastic housing and rubber casing. It is IP55 dustproof and water jet resistant – making it ideal for all sites and weather conditions.
- ROTARY LASER LEVEL: This Johnson Self Leveling Kit is ideal for one-person application in various indoor and outdoor jobs. Perfect for small jobsites, this rotary tool self-levels in the horizontal plane and levels manually in the vertical plane.
- SAFETY ALARM: The rotary laser features visual and audible alarms that alert you when the rotary is beyond its leveling range and the locking pendulum that protects the inner pendulum during transportation.
- APPLICATIONS: This rotary laser may be used to check cut and fill, set foundations and footings, concrete pours, septic tanks and basement excavations, acoustical ceiling and drywall, align and plumb walls, level deck floors, set drainage, terracing, and more.
- ROTATIONAL SPEEDS: This manual rotary laser with illuminated vertical vial supports variable rotational speeds of 200-600 RPM. A variable RPM allows the user to set the laser to the speed that provides the optimum visibility.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The kit includes a Laser with 800' working diameter, NiMH rechargeable battery pack, 6V battery charger, detector with clamp and 9V battery, tripod, 13' grade rod, wall/ceiling mounting bracket, magnetic target, tinted glasses, and hard-shell carrying case.
- ACCURATE LEVELING: This Johnson Rotary Laser Tool is designed to complete both indoor and outdoor leveling jobs. The vertical self-leveling makes it equally suitable to aligning posts or footings, or indoors to layout walls or floors.
- PROGRAMMABLE DESIGN: The self-level digital laser features a programmable dual-slope function. 5 deg. Dual slope takes the math out of the equation when checking grade or setting drainage and makes this laser ideal for drainage, flatwork, or complex landscaping jobs.
- ACCURACY & SAFETY: This laser kit for leveling features visual and audible security alarms, promising complete accuracy along with safety. The laser beam will flash and an audible alarm will siren to indicate that the leveling range is incorrect.
- ROTARY LASER: Perfect for flatwork contractors, excavators, and anyone doing vertical or slope work, the 99-028K is the workhorse of the Johnson line. It self-levels both horizontally and vertically, making vertical layout such as fencing, footings, and drywall track effortless.
- KIT INCLUDES: This Red Self-Leveling Rotary Laser Kit is equipped with a Laser, NiMH rechargeable battery pack, alkaline battery compartment (batteries not included), 6.4V battery charger, remote control and 2 AA batteries, detector with clamp and 9V battery, tripod, 13' grade rod, magnetic target, tinted glasses, and hard-shell carrying case.
- Increases Productivity With Faster Setups, Fewer Mechanical Parts, And Automatic Self-Leveling
- Easy, One-Button Operation Requires Minimal Training For Using Tool
- Complete Leveling Crew With Tripod In One Portable Hard Shelled Carrying Case
- Rugged Design With “Hard Hat” Rotary Protection Provides Superior Drop And Outdoor Weather Protection (Ip66)
- 1.【High Bright】Adopt high quality imported brand laser diode, the laser line emitted is more visible and thin. Laser Type:532nm,<1mW.Laser Class:Class Ⅱ.
- 2.【3 X 360 degree line lasers】Adopt One 360 degree horizontal lines and two 360 degree vertical lines make you quickly arrange and square room layout. This laser level tool can be used in construction，can cover the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room.
- 3.【Self leveling mode】 This laser level with our smart pendulum system, this laser level tool automatically level at approximately ±3 degrees and indicates (laser lines quickly blink) when beyond the self leveling range.
- 4.【Fixed method】The laser level can be mounted on a tripod base (included) or attached to most metal surfaces using magnetic brackets (not included), allowing 360° free rotation of the laser level and projection of the laser line at any position or angle. This laser level widely used in floor tiles, doors and windows, furniture woodworking installation, wallpaper hanging, drilling and so on.
- 5.【Slanted laser lines】Press the P/L button to enter slash mode,you can use the converter to add to the adjustable tripod (the adjustable tripod is not included),then you can place the instrument at any angle to porject the tilt lines.
- ✔️HIGH ACCURACY&3 x 360 LINE LASERS: Huepar laser tool adopts ultra bright green beam with ± 1/13 inch at 33Ft high accuracy. One 360° horizontal and two 360° vertical laser lines enable users to cover the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room. Two vertical lines cross at 90°angles makes user quickly visualize and finish square layout. This 360 laser level is a great tool for various leveling and layout applications.
- ✔️DUAL POWER METHODS&TYPE-C PORT: Huepar laser tool employed large capacity lithium battery (can be purchased easily at local market) for 6 hours use with all beams on. An extra battery is included for backup. Besides, this laser tool can be used at job site by plugged in when take out the battery. With Type-C charging port, the laser level can also be charged by phone, laptop, power bank, car charger, etc. Users can charge the battery independently with the battery charger included.
- ✔️MULTIFUNCTIONAL LASER TOOL: The one 360° horizontal and two 360° vertical laser lines can be selected individually by separate H and V button on the keypad. With smart pendulum system, this laser tool self levels and indicates out-of-level condition while pendulum unlocked. Once pendulum locked, it switches to manual mode to lock lines for use at any angle. The pulse mode extends laser range up to 200Ft. with Huepar Line Laser Receiver LR-6RG/LR-5RG in bright light or outdoor conditions.
- ✔️MAGNETIC BRACKET & MOUNT THREADS: The included strong magnetic bracket enables to be attached to metal surfaces and turn the laser level around at 360°. The bracket offers ability to mount to any object up to 0.47" thick. The fine-tuning knob with lock on the bracket help adjust and lock the height within 3.74". The laser tool also offers 1/4"-20 and 5/8"-11 mounting threads as well as the 5/8"-11 mounting thread on the bracket to suit for standard tripod or pole mounts.
- ✔️DURABLE DESIGN & KIT CONTENTS: Over-molded metal laser window withstands hazardous job site conditions and can be removed and replaced with a screwdriver. The portable tool bag features convenient interior compartments to allow for easy access to tool and parts. And it is comfortable to carry with an adjustable shoulder strap and handle. The kit also includes magnetic bracket, 2 Li-ion batteries, battery charger, type-c power cord, power adapter, pouch bag, laser target plate, user manual.
What To Look For Before Buying Best Laser Transit Levels
Before choosing a laser transit levels, you should take the following considerations into account.
When purchasing a laser transit level, it is important to consider the specific needs of the application. For example, if you are measuring the height of a building, you will need a higher level than if you are simply checking the height of an object. Additionally, it is important to understand what features the level offers and what limitations there may be.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Transit Laser Level?
A transit laser leveling system is a precision instrument used to level a surface. The transit of the laser beam over the surface is used to measure the horizontal and vertical differences between two points on the surface. This data is processed by a computer to generate a level indication at each point.
How Accurate Are Laser Transits?
A laser transit is an astronomical measurement of the time it takes for a laser beam to travel from one point in space to another. The most accurate laser transits are those run by the Hubble Space Telescope, which can measure the time it takes for a radio pulse to make its way to and from Earth.
How Do You Read A Laser Transit?
A laser transit can be read by shining a bright light onto the object and measuring how long it takes for the light to hit each point on the object.
What Is 360 Laser Level?
A 360 laser level is a type of laser level that can be adjusted to a number of angles. This makes it ideal for use on uneven surfaces, such as floors or ceilings.
The best laser transit levels are achieved when the laser’s output power is at its highest and its wavelength is matched to the target material’s absorption frequency. When selecting a laser for transit level purposes, it is important to consider the laser’s beam quality, beam divergence, and output power.