portrait photography is all about capturing the essence of a person in an image. when it comes to choosing a lens for portraits, there are a few things to consider. first, you’ll want to choose a lens that has a large aperture so you can create beautiful depth of field effects. secondly, you’ll want to choose a lens that is relatively fast so you can capture images with minimal blur. thirdly, you’ll want to choose a lens that is compatible with your camera’s autofocus system so you can easily capture sharp portraits. the canon t6i is compatible with all canon ef-s lenses, which makes it a great choice for portrait photography.
Which Are The Best Lens For Portraits Canon T6I From Our Choice
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
Top 10 Best Lens For Portraits Canon T6I You Should Go For In 2022
- Prime Lenses--85mm is an ideal Prime Lenses for portraits and natural pictures. F1.8 large aperture, virtual background which makes taking photos with more fun.
- Lens Construction ---Come of 6 high performance glass elements in 6 groups of which 1 are Hybrid Aspherical (ASP).
- COMPATIBILITY ---Compatible with Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 6D Mark II, 6D, 5D Mark IV, 5D Mark III, 7D, 1300D, D, 1200D, 2000D, 200D, 250D, 4000D, 7D Mark II, 400D, 650D, 550D, 600D, 750D , 450D etc.
- Note: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, that's why it will shows "Lens not attached", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens work. If still no shutter, pls Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable to make lens work.
- UMC - All of its elements are Ultra Multi-Coated (UMC). Focal length: 85 millimeters, closest focusing distance: 3.2 feet. Aperture range from f / 1.8 - f / 22.
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- ALL IN ONE: Canon eos rebel t7 accessories - Maximize versatility of your camera with this awesome accessory kit, without spending too much on lenses and other accessories you will gain the ability to capture outstanding wide angle and extreme fisheye shots. Take detailed macros and artistic photos with the filters kit, appear on the frame with the IR shutter remote control and take good care of your equipment with the help of the cleaning supplies.
- PROFESSIONAL KIT INCLUDES: Altura Photo 0.35x Super Wide Fisheye & 0.43x Wide Angle Lenses + Remote Control (Not all camera models have infrared sensors for remote control shutter compatibility) + Altura Photo Filter Kit (UV, CPL, ND4) + Macro Close-Up Set + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Tulip & Collapsible Lens Hoods + Center Pinch Lens Cap + Altura Photo Cleaning Kit + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Kit is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ''Ø'' (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Compatible with all Canon DSLR APS-C cameras; including the Rebel T8i, T7, T7i, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T4i, T3i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 60D, 77D, 70D, 80D, 90D, EOS 7D, 7D MK II. Is also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but please keep in mind it will produce a more circular "360" image with black vignette borders.
- EF Mount Canon fisheye lens with Manual Focus: Included removable hood allows for stunning 180° views. Not compatible with new Canon mirrorless R and M cameras.
- Exceptional Build Quality: The Altura Photo 8MM metal lens construction with a hybrid aspherical element and multi-layer lens coating will unlock powerful viewing angles as well as sharply defined images.
- Custom Lense Case: A custom designed protective lens case is included for safe storage, essential Canon Camera Accessories.
- Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- 58mm 2.2X Telephoto Lens for Canon Rebel T3, T3i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T7i, EOS 80D, EOS 77D Cameras with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, IS STM Lens
- Ideal for adding the extra zoom you need, bring your subject closer to you! - 2.2x Telephoto lens brings you twice as close to the action - double your zoom!
- Perfect for long-distance photo situations such as sporting events; candid portrait shots, as well as nature and wildlife photography
- Multi-Coated (MC): Reduces glass flare & ghosting caused by reflections
- Multicoated Optical glass and steel barrel design are engineered to offer the highest level of precision
- Extra heavy duty construction. Multi-Coated. Full Autofocus (AF) and Infrared (IR) compatible
- Features detachable macro lens for close-up photography
- HD Wide Angle Lens allows more of the scene to be included in the photograph, which is useful in architectural, interior and landscape photography
- Please verify your camera lens thread size before ordering! This Telephoto is compatible with 52MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap
- Compatible with the CANON REBEL (T6s T6i T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1), EOS (700D 650D 600D 1100D 550D 500D 100D) Cameras.
- Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- Lens Compatibility: Popular 58MM Lens model includes EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM.
- Camera Models: CANON Rebel (77D T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ""Ø"" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- ★ JINTU 420-800mm MF Super HD Telephoto lens, Solid Construction with full metal body, Small size 10.6 x 3.5 x 3.5 inch, lightweight 700g=1.8LB, easy to carry to anywhere.
- ★ Compatible with Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T7, T6i, T6s, T7i, SL1, SL2, EOS60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 50D, 40D, 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
- This is a FULL Manual Lens, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "LENS NOT ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly.
- ★ Multi coated low-dispersion glass, anti-reflection coating, manual focus telephoto zoom lens to use with DSLR SLR cameras.Perfect for small or distant subjects,ranging from birds and wildlife, through sports, to moon etc.
- ★Free T mount adapter supply. If your camera is nikon, pentax, sony, DSLR cameras or other brand micro 4/3 which can buy extra adapter from our store.
- Compact, Lightweight Fixed 50 millimeter Focal Length Lens.
- Large F, 1.8 Aperture for Low-Light Photography and Creative Background Blur
- A Stepping Motor (Gear-Type STM) Provides Smooth and Quiet Continuous AF During Video Recording, As Well As When Shooting Photos
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes
- Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Help Deliver Outstanding Color Balance, While Minimizing Ghosting and Flare
- Lens Compatible with the Mirrorless R System (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, or EOS R6)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- King, Julie Adair (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 328 Pages - 07/31/2015 (Publication Date) - For Dummies (Publisher)
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Lens For Portraits Canon T6I
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best lens for portraits canon t6i that meets your needs.
When purchasing a lens for portraits, it is important to consider the focal length and aperture. A good focal length for portraits is 50mm or shorter. Aperture settings of f/1.8 or smaller are ideal, as they will allow more light into the camera to render a clear image. Additionally, a lens with a wide angle setting (e.g., 18mm) can help capture more of the background in a portrait shot.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Canon Lens Is Good For Portrait Photography?
A 50mm lens is a good lens for portrait photography because it has a wide angle lens which will give you more coverage of the subject.
Is The Canon Rebel T6 Good For Portraits?
Yes, the Canon Rebel T6 is a good camera for portrait photography. It has a number of features that make it efficient for this type of photography, such as a high-quality lens and a versatile autofocus system.
How Do You Take Portraits On A Canon Rebel T6I?
To take portraits on a Canon Rebel T6i, you will need to set the camera to “portrait” mode and use the manual settings. To do this, access the camera’s menu system and navigate to “Functions.” Then, scroll down until you see “Portrait” and press the left arrow key to select it. Next, use the +/- button to change the settings until you find what you want.
Is The Canon T6I Good For Photography?
The Canon T6i is a great camera for photography. It has features that make it a great option for amateur and professional photographers. The camera has a lot of features and options that make it great for taking pictures and videos.
There is no one best lens for portrait photography with the Canon T6i, as different shooters will prefer different focal lengths and aperture settings. However, a few lenses that may be worth considering include the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II USM lens, the 50mm f/1.8 II lens, and the 85mm f/1.8 lens. All of these lenses offer good value for their price, offer great performance in terms of image quality, and are suitable for a variety of shooting situations.