Nikon offers a wide variety of lenses for star photography, from ultra-wide angle to telephoto. The best lens for shooting stars really depends on your personal shooting style and the type of shots you are hoping to capture. Some photographers prefer a wide-angle lens to capture more of the sky, while others prefer a telephoto lens to get closer to their subject. Ultimately, it is up to the photographer to decide which lens works best for their individual shooting style.
A Shortlist Of The Best Lens For Star Photography Nikon
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best lens for star photography nikon and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Lens For Star Photography Nikon People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Star filter：Star filter, is one kind luminous point as the center, after the generation of light diffraction and the formation of the luminous effect, effect lens that must used when shooting stage or night scene, can have uncommon effect for picture.
- Slightly soften image： Star filter will slightly soften image, can turn light source into many star points in the picture, create romantic and full childlike artistic conception, increase artistic effect of photo, in fact for photography lovers filter.
- Optical glass：The starlight Filter adopts optical glass, high quality watertight and oil proof coating, make the lens surface bright and cleanly, scratch proof and not easy to stain, effect protection lens.
- Suitable for：The starlight Filter is very common in wedding photography and night shooting
- [Material] : Made of import optics glass and resin,top level of transmittance.Metal sealing ring instead of the plastic sealing ring, better tightness,no worry fall or loose.
- [Function] : The star filter can make every bright spot in photo producing star-shaped flash-like dazzling effect.The brighter the spot, the more pronounced the star effect.Perfect for night scenery, gemstones, glassworks, metal works photography.
- [Note] : The surface of the star filter is not smooth, there are a lot of shallow marks (the starburst effect is formed by them). It is not recommended to wipe it frequently. It is recommended by air blower. After using, put it in the filter Pouch, which can reduce dust Stains and avoid scratching filter.And please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap.
- [Package] :Includes 55mm 4 Points Star Filter x 1,55mm 6 Points Star Filter x 1,55mm 8 Points Star Filter x 1,1 x 3 Slot Nylon Filter Pouch ,1 x 55mm Lens Cap and 1 x Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- [Warranty] : We offer one year warranty and life-time after-sales service,so you meet any problem,please feel free to contact us.
- [Material] : This star filter made of import optics glass and resin,Top level of transmittance.Metal sealing ring instead of the plastic sealing ring, Better tightness,No worry fall or loose.
- [Function] : The star filter can make every bright spot in photo producing star-shaped flash-like dazzling effect.The brighter the spot, The more pronounced the star effect.Perfect for night scenery, gemstones, glassworks, metal works photography.
- [Note] : The surface of the star filter is not smooth, There are a lot of shallow marks (the starburst effect is formed by them). It is not recommended to wipe it frequently. It is recommended by air blower. After using, Put it in the filter Pouch, Which can reduce dust Stains and avoid scratching filter.And please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap.
- [Package] :Includes 1 x 58mm 4 Points Star Filter, 1 x 58mm 6 Points Star Filter, 1 x 58mm 8 Points Star Filter, 1 x 58mm 12 Points Star Filter, 1 x 4 Slot Nylon Filter Pouch ,1 x 58mm Lens Cap and 1 x Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- [Warranty] : We offer one year warranty and life-time after-sales service, So you meet any problem, Please feel free to contact us.
- Busch, David D. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 544 Pages - 04/17/2019 (Publication Date) - Rocky Nook (Publisher)
- Creates a starburst effect from point light sources within an image, ideal for shooting night scenes, jewelry, wedding photography and more
- Starburst effect features four, six or eight primary diffraction spikes which extend from the light source
- Aluminum-alloy frame for durability while remaining lightweight
- A rotation ring on the upper part of the frame is available to help you adjust the direction of the points of light 4, 6, or 8 when using (Most star filters sold from other vendors do not have such a rotation ring)
- Compatible with any lens with 58mm diameter filter thread - This star filter is double threaded, has 58mm inner thread(male) and 58mm outer thread(female), this design allows you to put on any 58mm thread accessories such as lens cap, screw-in type lens hood to the front of the filter
- Compact, lightweight, FX-format lens that combines the ultra-wide perspective of a 20mm focal length, the low-light capabilities and shallow Depth of field of an F/18 maximum aperture and the superb optical characteristics of an advanced NIKKOR prime lens
- Maximum reproduction Ratio: 0.23x.Aspherical lens elements and extra-low Dispersion glass elements with Nano Crystal Coat combat sagittal flare and chromatic aberration for superb, sharp Rendering across the entire frame
- Innovative silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic waves for fast, accurate, near quiet autofocusing as close as 78-inches from your subject
- Delivers a 20mm, 94 Degree angle of view that's ideal for stills or motion capture, minimum focus Distance is 0.66 feet from focal plane
- Produces beautifully blurred backgrounds in your photos and HD videos and lets you shoot at lower is settings to retain high image quality at its maximum aperture setting of f/18
- ★ Telephoto Zoom lens , Create Sharp High Quality Images, Comes with Lens Pouch and Protective Caps.Manual focus lens, only work on m mode and disable shutter button will be work well. no auto focus and no anti shake.
- ★ Compatible with for Any NIKON SLR Digital Cameras. such as Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc
- ★2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1600mm.
- ★ Perfect for wild or nature photography, used for small or long-distance objects such as birds or wild animals, airplanes, etc.
- ★Filter thread is 67mm, High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- Lightest and most compact in its class of fast tele zooms for Sony full-frame mirrorless
- VXD linear motor focus mechanism delivers high-speed and high precision autofocus performance
- Superior optical design for uncompromised image quality
- Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Zoom Lock switch
- English (Publication Language)
- 208 Pages - 02/02/2021 (Publication Date) - Ilex Press (Publisher)
- [Attention Please ] In order to provide you with a satisfying experience, please make sure you've READ and UNDERSTAND the below information before purchasing. Please kindly note this Brightin Star camera lens is only used for Mirrorless Camera, NOT for SLR Camera.
- [Note] This product is a manual lens without an auto-focus function. And the most important thing is to make sure you've set the "release without lens" mode, or your camera may unable to take pictures or videos. If you need any help about that please contact our customer service team directly.
- [Immersive Focal Length] The lens uses a focal length of 23mm, which is the most comfortable distance in on-the-spot photography.
- [More Convenient Focusing]- The lens adopts a Hyperfocal-Design, you don't even need to focus to shoot things in the distance, just press the shutter to record wonderful things.
- [Extremely Compact Design] The lens Thickness 1.2 in and the Weight 0.75 lb. You can usually install it on the camera and shoot directly when needed.
- [Distinctive Style Of Photography]- Reject the exaggerated large aperture, no fiction, no whitewash, no exaggeration, press the shutter at a distance of 1-10cm, make the photo has a stronger impact, and better express the photographer's emotions and feelings.
- [Compatible Information] Fit for Nikon Z-Mount Z5, Z6, Z6II, Z7 ,Z7II, Z9, Z50, Z fc. The brand name listed herein are for reference purposes only, Brightin Star is an independent brand.
What To Look For Before Buying Best Lens For Star Photography Nikon
Before choosing a lens for star photography nikon, you should take the following considerations into account.
Before purchasing a lens for star photography, you’ll want to consider the focal length, aperture, and type of lens. Additionally, you’ll need to decide if you want an autofocus or manual lens.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Nikon Lens Is Best For Astrophotography?
There is no definitive answer to this question as different people have different opinions on which lens is the best for astrophotography. Some people believe that the Nikkor 18-55mm lens is the best option, while others swear by the Nikkor 85mm lens. Ultimately, the best lens for astrophotography will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
What Lens Is Best For Star Photography?
A lens that is best for star photography is a lens with a wider aperture.
How Do I Take A Picture Of The Stars With My Nikon?
To take a picture of the stars with your Nikon, first adjust the camera to its manual settings. Once you’re in manual mode, use the camera’s shutter button to snap a picture of the night sky.
Is Nikon Good For Astrophotography?
Nikon is a great choice for astrophotography because of its wide lens range and high quality sensor.
Due to the many variables involved in taking stellar photography, there is no definitive answer when it comes to the best lens for this type of photography. However, a wide-angle lens that offers a large aperture, such as an aperture of f/2.8 or greater, will allow more light into the camera and thus produce sharper images. Additionally, a fast lens (such as a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR) will help to capture fast-moving objects in detail.