There are many great Nikon zoom lenses available under 500 dollars. One of the best is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II. This lens is perfect for everyday photography and offers a versatile focal range. It is also equipped with Vibration Reduction technology to help reduce blur caused by camera shake.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best nikon zoom lens under 500 that will win your heart.
10 Best Nikon Zoom Lens Under 500 You Should Consider In 2022
- 50-250mm zoom range equivalent to a 75-375mm lens in 35mm format
- Built-in VR image stabilization up to 5 stops
- Features an assignable control ring
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- Super Integrated Coating Pulse; Stepping Motor AF System; Access Lens Settings in Camera Menu; Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Fully compatible models: D5600, D5500, D5300*, D3400, D3300*, D500 and later models (*Firmware update may be required). Compatible models with limited functions: D5, D810 series, Df, D750, D7200, D7100, D5200, Nikon 1 series with the FT1. Incompatible models: D4 series, D3 series, D2 series, D1 series, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D200, D100, D7000, D5100, D5000, D90, D80, D70 series, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, D50, D40 series, film cameras.
- 70-300mm super-telephoto zoom power brings faraway subjects within reach. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks and more with phenomenal clarity and precision
- Superb optics and telephoto field of view are great for stills and HD video. Ultra-fast, near silent autofocus powered by a new pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors)
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation.
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon's new high-resolution image sensors. VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups. Superb NIKKOR optics, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for better contrast and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing.
- NOTE: This is a FULL Manual Lens, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "LENS NOT ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- Fine tune the front focusing ring to make subject in-focus and take a sample picture. If the picture turns out dark, take the following steps to improve, 1. Lower the shutter speed, from 1/500s down to 1/100s or slower 1/50 etc; 2. Raise the ISO Number, from ISO 100 to ISO 200/400/800 etc; 3. Use a remote shutter release and tripod to increase image stability; 4. Switch position to allow more environmental light coming through the lens into the camera imaging sensor.
- Multi coated low-dispersion glass, anti-reflection coating, manual focus telephoto zoom lens to use with DSLR SLR cameras.
- ADVANCED OPTICS / SUPER ZOOM / SOLID FULL METAL CONSTRUCTION / MANUAL FOCUSING
- 420-800mm f/8.3-16 Manual Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc.
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Lens, frond and real cap, HB 36 Hood and CL 1022 Pouch / Packaging type : White box(Bulk Packaging)
- German (Publication Language)
- F-mount lens/DX Format -- 105-450mm (35mm equivalent)
- Aperture range: f/4.5-6.3 to f/32 -- one extra-low dispersion element
- Super integrated coating -- Pulse stepping motor AF system
- Nikon VR image stabilization -- rounded 7-blade diaphragm
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length for Nikon D40, D40X, D60, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D500, D600, D610, D70, D700, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D810a, D850, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm NIKON DSLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm.
- THIS LENS IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING NIKON CAMERAS D40, D40X, D60, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D500, D600, D610, D70, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D810a, D850, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500
- It includes LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap , LF-1 rear lens cap , HB-32 Bayonet lens hood, CL-1018 Flexible lens pouch and maximum reproduction ratio is 1/5
- Vibration Reduction is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens and enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than normal.
- Aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of lens aberration, further improving image integrity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Close focusing to 1.48 feet - Creative close-up photography is possible throughout the entire zoom range.
- ★ JINTU Super zoom 420-800mm focal length. Manual Focus lens , only work on M mode. 4 Elements in 2 groups, Japan Design.
- ★ Compatible with for Any NIKON SLR Digital Cameras. such as Nikon D850, D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D300, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D50, D60, D90, Df, D3, D3X etc.
- ★ Great for the wildlife or nature photographer who wants to be hidden while taking photos of the subject. Advances in ultra high-index / low-dispersion optical glasses, new barrel materials, and exotic anti-reflection coatings.
- "Lens Not Attached" : MANUAL LENS need you to enable "M mode " or "Release without lens" in the setting of camera.
- ★ About image are too bright or white/overexposed, pls Raise shutter speed and or lower ISO setting on camera. if on dark, pls lower shutter speed.
- Works with all these Nikon Cameras D90, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800e, D810, D810a, D850
- High-power 420mm telephoto focal length
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Nikon SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1600mm
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Nikon Zoom Lens Under 500
Not every nikon zoom lens under 500 comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
Before buying a lens, it is important to consider what you need and what you want. Some things to consider when purchasing a lens are the focal length, aperture, and zoom range. When choosing a lens, it is important to take into account the focal length. Zoom lenses are available in a variety of focal lengths from ultra-wide angle to telephoto. It is important to choose the correct focal length for your needs. Aperture is another important factor to consider when purchasing a lens. Aperture controls the amount of light that enters the camera lens. Different apertures allow for greater control over depth of field, which is key for portrait or landscape photography. Finally, it is important to consider the zoom range. A zoom range refers to the magnification or extent of magnification that the lens can provide. Zoom lenses are typically available with a wide zoom range (zoom ratio) or a narrow zoom range (zooms in and out). The wider the zoom ratio, the more magnification the lens can provide.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Good Zoom Lens For Nikon?
A good zoom lens for Nikon would be a lens with a long focal length, such as a zoom lens with a focal length of 24-70mm.
How Much Does A Good Zoom Lens Cost?
A good zoom lens typically costs around $200.
What Is The Longest Zoom Lens For Nikon?
There is no definitive answer, as the lens length will depend on the camera model and focal length being used. However, some of the longer zooms available for Nikon cameras include the AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED and AF-S Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8G ED lenses.
Which Zoom Lenses Is Best?
There is no single answer to this question since different people have different needs and preferences. It is helpful to consider a few factors when choosing a zoom lens: focal length, aperture, field of view (FOV), weight, and price.
A lens that is ideal for under 500 dollars is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II, which is a versatile lens that provides good image quality and performance.