Occupational physical therapy aides help patients regain movement and independence following an illness or injury. They may use a variety of devices and equipment, such as crutches, braces, and wheelchairs, to help patients regain their ability to perform everyday tasks.
Here Are Our Top 10 Occupational Physical Therapy Aids At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best occupational physical therapy aids and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Occupational Physical Therapy Aids People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Exercise Tongue Tool - Suitable for orthodontics, swallowing health awareness and other people need to carry out tongue training.
- Exercise Oral Muscle - Suitable for the posterior alveolar position of the tongue to perform lateral back and forth alternate training
- Training Oral Muscle - Suitable for the front teeth position of the tongue up and down or left and right alternating training.
- Tongue Exercise Tongue - Suitable for alternately training the mouth and tongue.
- Tip Lateralization Tool - Suitable for tongue side, lifting and suppression. Perfect for all ages, appropriate for both children and adults. Used to stretch the lingual frenulum and improve bolus control.
- ✔️𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠: This belt uses mechanical advantage and leverage to safely ambulate and transfer your patient while saving your back and muscles from strain. Made by a caregiver for caregivers.
- ✔️𝙐𝙡𝙩𝙧𝙖 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜: Made of premium grade nylon webbing and cotton with reinforced stitching. Super strong yet lightweight. Built for daily usage.
- ✔️𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙮 𝘿𝙪𝙩𝙮 𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣: Bigger & Badder than the rest! Rated to lift bariatric patients up to 300lbs. Designed with a non-slip strip to keep belt from slipping during transfers. Fits waist sizes 𝟯𝟱 ins to 𝟱𝟬 ins. As a caregiver every second counts - quick release buckle saves you time.
- ✔️𝙒𝙞𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙨: The world has changed – clean equipment is a must. Handles can be easily sanitized. Handles are ergonomic for caregiver comfort. Great for home or clinical use. PT’s, OT’s, Nurses get yours now – your back will thank you!
- ✔️𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙂𝙤𝙩 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠: 100%, no questions asked, money back guarantee. That’s how much we believe in the quality and workmanship of this product. Buy today with total confidence.
- Gait belt is designed to aid in walking or transferring fall risk patients
- Strong durable gait belt for lifting and supporting patients easily and efficiently
- Lightweight gait belt with good quality buckle - Secure harness buckle - Easy to fasten
- 100% Cotton webbing construction is durable and comfortable for the patient
- Helps prevent caregiver back injury and strain and machine washable and dryable at high temperature setting
- ✅ Long 72 Inch Walking Transfer gait belt designed to aid in walking or transferring fall risk patients, residents and loved ones - Also helps prevent caregiver injury
- ✅Adjustable up to 70" length and One free features loop attached to hold excess belt length - up to 350 lb. weight capacity
- ✅100% High Quality webbing construction is more durable and comfortable for every day use
- ✅Made of heavy duty webbing strap with strong stitchings, double folded webbing ends never came loose the edges
- ✅Convenient to Clean by machine washable
- EASY PATIENT TRANSFER & WALKING - The Secure STWBM-60G Transfer Gait Belt with six handles and quick release adjustable metal buckle is an essential and highly effective mobility aid that helps caregivers perform safe elderly fall risk patient transfers, walking and ambulation; The quick release high tensile metal buckle is easily adjustable, allowing the transfer belt to be attached and removed with ease by the nurse or caregiver
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY & COMFORT - Gait belt is made of durable yet comfortable nylon webbing with strong reinforced stitching that is guaranteed to withstand the rigors of daily use; The four inch belt back section is wider than traditional gait belts for increased lumbar comfort and greater contact area with the patient; Gait belt fits waist sizes 30" to 55"; Dimensions: 60" x 4"
- SURE GRIP FROM ANY ANGLE - Features four vertical and two horizontal handles that allow the caregiver to choose the most effective leverage point to safely handle a patient, resident or loved one; Gait belt is machine washable and made to last.
- ONE YEAR GUARANTEE - Gait belt is covered by a one year full-replacement guarantee and backed by our industry-leading customer service team.
- ELDERLY SAFETY EXPERTS SINCE 1991 - Secure brand falls management, wandering prevention and patient safety products have been trusted by thousands of health care facilities across the US, Canada and Europe since 1991; Purchase with the confidence in knowing that Personal Safety Corporation always stands behind its products.
- 360-Degree Movement: The Blue Jay Clear Plastic Goniometer is ideal for physio-therapy. This is a cost-efficient equipment that every therapist should have for making observations on their patients.
- Durable Goniometer: Made with premium-quality plastic, this calibrated goniometer is a reliable and durable addition to every physio-therapist’s collection. Designed with a 360° protractor, it can move in any direction.
- Quick Measurements: This plastic goniometer allows you to quickly measure the angles. It will help the therapists determine permanent disabilities and occupational injuries of the patients.
- Physical Therapy Goniometer: When working on your patient’s physical movements, use this transparent goniometer to check their progress. Its linear arms feature 0° to 180°, 5° increments along with inches and centimeter measurement options for your convenience.
- Product Specifications: The Plastic goniometer for Physical Therapy conforms to Global ISO Benchmarks. It features a calibrated head, 360° protractor, and inches to centimeter measurements.
- EASY TO USE PULLY FOR SHOULDER REHAB makes physical therapy and exercising easy, either at home or at the office. Can be used in both a sitting or standing
- QUICK INSTALL: Place the strap over the door with the buckle positioned on the opposite side. Close the door tightly. Pull the strap toward you to make sure it’s locked in place and you’re ready to go
- PHYSICAL THERAPY DOOR SHOULDER PULLEY is great for after surgery, injuries, or strength, mobility, and flexibility. Often used in physical therapy for shoulder injury rehabilitation
- INCREASE RANGE OF MOTION in all planes of shoulder after surgery, or for arthritis, tendonitis, frozen shoulder syndrome, rotator cuff injury, capsulitis, or bursitis
- PRODUCT DETAILS: 40.8 X 1 X 6.2 inches; Weighs 6.4 ounces
- Hand/Knee goniometer: medical goniometer is used for extension and flexion, adduction and abduction and rotation of the shoulder, wrist, knee, hip and elbow
- Construction: occupational therapy goniometer is made with durable plastic with standard, calibrated head and uniform increments, conforms to international ISO benchmarks
- Clear Readings: transparent structure, linear arm movement and big font of this medical protractor allows easy observation on this goniometer
- Dimensions: finger goniometer ensures maximum accuracy and the 180 deg. protractor arm movement makes it easy to gauge difficult angles
- Applications: this hand goniometer helps to measure the range of motion of your joints. Goniometer assists the therapist to assess the joint before performing an intervention in rehabilitation program
- Stylish and Unique 60" x 2" gait belt designed to aid in transferring and walking fall-risk patients. The highly visible design with stand out and will not be mistaken as anyone else's. Features an elastic loop to safely hold excess belt length.
- Made of high strength webbing that is highly durable and comfortable for patients.
- Features a high tensile strength metal buckle which has a weight capacity up to 300 lbs to transfer patients safely with confidently.
- High temperature machine washable and dryable. Up to 180 F
- Full 1 Year Warranty through EBP Medical
- Pair of two discrimination ocatgon tools for measuring stationary and moving two-point discrimination
- Set includes 2 discriminator tools that measure innervation density at a range of 1 - 25mm
- Single point and double point options for testing nerve sensitivity, great for post operation and surgery patients
- Physical therapy tool, good for clinical and professional testing of nerve damage and repair
- Non-latex material
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Occupational Physical Therapy Aids
Before choosing a occupational physical therapy aids, you should take the following considerations into account.
When purchasing an occupational physical therapy aide, it is important to take into account the specific needs of the individual. Consider what type of assistance the aide will provide, such as lifting or positioning. Additionally, consider the price and features of the aides available on the market.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Tools Do Pt Use?
PTs use a variety of tools to help with their patients’ rehabilitation. These tools may include electronic tracking devices, physical therapists, and others.
What Is Physical Rehabilitation In Occupational Therapy?
Physical rehabilitation in occupational therapy is the process of helping a person who has been injured to regain function and improve their quality of life. Physical rehabilitation may include exercises to improve strength and flexibility, teaching how to use prosthetic devices, and assisting the individual in regaining mobility.
What Are The Four 4 Main Goals Of A Physical Therapist?
The four main goals of a physical therapist are to restore function, prevent injuries, manage pain, and improve outcomes.
What Are The Five Types Of Physical Therapy?
There are five types of physical therapy: manual therapy, exercise therapy, electrical stimulation therapy, ultrasound therapy, and heat treatment. Manual therapy is the most common form of physical therapy and involves using hands to manipulate muscles and joints. Exercise therapy helps improve cardio-respiratory function by increasing the amount of activity people perform throughout the day. Electrical stimulation therapy uses electrical signals to stimulate targeted muscles and joints. Ultrasound therapy uses sound waves to help improve joint movement and function. Heat treatment uses heat to treat pain or inflammation.
There are many different occupational physical therapy aids available to help people with disabilities. Some of the most common aids are specialized foot devices, adaptive equipment for working with difficult tasks, and assistive technology. It is important to find the best aid for each individual, as each one can provide unique benefits.