Stihl chainsaws are designed to work with a specific type of oil. Mixing different types of oil can lead to engine problems and wear and tear on the saw. The type of oil that is best for a Stihl chainsaw will depend on the climate where the saw will be used. In general, however, SAE 30 motor oil or an equivalent weight of oil is best for most Stihl chainsaws.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Oil Mix For Stihl Chainsaw People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Oil Pump With Worm Gear For Sithl Chainsaw Stihl PN:1127 640 3200
- Fit For Stihl Chainsaw MS290 MS310 MS311 MS311Z MS390 MS391 MS391 2 Mix MS391Z 029 039
- Package: 1 x Oil Pump 1 x Worm Gear 1 x Service Card
- Perfect For Repairing and Replacement, we will answer any questions in 24 Hours!
- Free And Fast Shipping By Epacket To U.S. Arrival 7-15 Business Days
- Fits Brands: Stihl , Husqvarna , Dolmar/Makita , Echo,Kawasaki,Maruyama,Red Max
- For mixing oil and fuel in correct ratio for any - 2 stroke engined garden machinery.
- 1 Liter bottle (With Cap) for 2 stroke mix 50:1, 40:1, 35:1, 25:1.
- Essential equipment to ensure correct fuel mix.
- DIMENSIONS: 4" x 3 1/2" x 12 1/2" (overall height including snout)
- High performance
- 2-Cycle engine oil
- Developed for all STIHL products
- NEW HUSQVARNA OIL RUNS CLEANER, LONGER AND STRONGER
- Replace Husqvarna XP 610000130
- HUSQVARNA VERIFIED ENGINE FORMULA
- CLEAN ENGINE FORMULA
- JASO FD CERTIFIED (ISO-EGD, API TC)
- All-season lubricant perfect for gas and electric chainsaws, pole saws, hedge trimmers, and any other equipment that uses slide bars or chain gears – works for all brands
- Premium formulation delivers extra tackiness, smoother cuts, and prevents “oil throw off,” even in winter
- Increases the lifespan of your equipment and accessories by resisting build-up of resins, sap, and gum
- High film-strength prevents wear or scuffing while protecting metal parts against corrosion and rust
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Extends bar, chain and sprocket life
- All season performance
- Reduces friction and wear
- High tack reduces oil sling
- For use with all chainsaws
- No more mixing oil and gas by hand
- Ethanol free, high 95 octane fuel comined with JASO FD certified premium Husqvarna synthetic blended oil
- Easier and more dependable engine starts
- 50:1 Fuel to Oil Ratio
- Fuel stays fresh for years solving long term storage needs
- 2-cycle easy mix motor oil
- Fuel stabilizer that leaves no residue and prevents plug fouling
- Recommended for toro, lawn boy, ryan and other 2-cycle outdoor power equipment
- Oil tip and measure
- Ashless additives; 16 ounce can
- Echo 6 Pack of 1 Gallon Power Blend Oil Mix (50:1) 6450001
- Part number: 6238
- Flash point: 40.0
- Package Weight: 6.922 kilograms
- Package Dimensions: 17.78 L x 36.322 H x 24.13 W (centimeters)
How To Choose The Best Oil Mix For Stihl Chainsaw
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best oil mix for stihl chainsaw that meets your needs.
When purchasing a chainsaw, it is important to know what type of oil to use. There are many different types of oil available on the market, so it is important to find the right mix for your chainsaw. Below is a buying guide for different types of oils: Chainsaw Oil Mixes The three most common types of chainsaw oil are synthetic, semi-synthetic and natural. Synthetic oil is made from petroleum and is the cheapest option. Semi-synthetic oil is made from a combination of petroleum and synthetic ingredients and has a middle price point. Natural oil comes from plant sources and has the highest price point. There are also hybrid oils, which are a combination of two types of oil. For example, a chainsaw that uses synthetic oil and a natural additive might be called a hybrid oil mix. Synthetic Oil Mixes Synthetic oil mixes are the most common type of chainsaw oil and are generally considered to be the best option. They have low viscosity which makes them easy to apply and they have good lubrication properties. They also have a longer chain life than other types of oils and don’t tend to clog up
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Petrol Oil Mix For Stihl?
The petrol oil mix for STIHL is made up of a blend of mineral and synthetic oils. These oils are designed to provide optimum performance and reliability in the equipment.
What Is A 50 To 1 Oil Fuel Mixture?
A 50 to 1 oil fuel mixture is an oil-air mixture. This type of mixture is used in aircraft engines because it produces more power than either pure gasoline or pure oil.
How Much Oil Do I Add To 5 Litres Of Petrol?
If you are adding oil to 5 litres of petrol, then you would add 1 litre of oil.
How Much 2-Cycle Oil Do You Put In A Gallon Of Gas For A Chainsaw?
Put about 2 cups of 2-cycle oil in a gallon of gas for a chainsaw.
The best oil mix for a stihl chainsaw is a mix of synthetic oil and engine oil. This will keep the chain from wearing down and will make the chainsaw run smoother.