Passive computer speakers are a great way to improve the sound quality of your computer without having to add any extra hardware. By using passive speakers, you can get better sound quality without having to worry about additional power or audio cables.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best passive computer speakers and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Passive Computer Speakers You Should Consider In 2022
- Single USB cable for computers and laptops | enjoy a hassle-free Audio experience with a single USB cable without the need for a power adapter
- Far-field drivers and passive radiators | custom-tuned far-field driver solution with rear facing passive radiators for excellent audio and enhanced bass reproduction
- 45° elevated drivers | for enhanced audio projection and an immersive personal listening experience
- Modern and stylish aesthetics | perfect for any modern homes, offices and workspaces.
- Easy access volume control | Conveniently placed Front-facing controls for instant adjustments
- Frequency Response 100 Hz (Hertz) ~ 17 kHz (kiloHertz)
- German (Publication Language)
- 300 WATT POWER: These portable full range high powered bookshelf speakers have a maximum power output of 300 watt and 150 watt RMS so you can play your favorite tracks as loud as you want and with style. Comes w/ power cable
- HI-FI SOUND REPRODUCTION: These active + passive bookshelf speakers are equipped w/ 5.25" monitor speaker driver and 1" aluminum dome tweeter and feature 4-8 Ohm impedance / 50Hz-20kHz frequency response for full range stereo sound reproduction
- COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH: The stereo speaker system is compatible w/ bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works with devices like iPhone, android mobile phone, iPad, tablet, PC. Ideal for personal indoor home use or for outdoor DJ party
- CONNECTIONS: This bookshelf desktop speaker is equipped w/ RCA (L/R), Aux audio input and USB flash drive reader and supports MP3 digital audio file. Perfect for home theater, studio monitor, or computer desk applications
- REAR PANEL CONTROL: The audio processing bass reflex active bookshelf speakers is equipped w/ rear panel control center and built-in digital audio amplifier so you can easily adjust the bass, treble, and volume levels to your liking
- COMPACT SPEAKER, GREAT SOUND - At only 5.1-inch tall and 4.2-inch wide, The Micca COVO-S speaker delivers great sound despite its diminutive size, giving listeners an immersive experience with its dynamic and rich sound signature.
- VERSATILE PLACEMENT - Its slim shape and classic design easily fit in a wide variety of room decor as bookshelf speakers, center channel speakers, or use with optional wall mount brackets as surround sound speakers.
- WOOL WOOFER - Each COVO-S speaker holds a 3-inch wool fiber woofer in a ported enclosure, delivering warm and accurate vocals and usable bass extension down to 90Hz.
- CONCENTRIC TWEETER - By sharing a common acoustical center point, the concentric 0.75-inch PEI tweeter design maintains coherency through the crossover transition region.
- ENGINEERED FOR GREAT SOUND - Patented woofer design serves as a horn waveguide for the tweeter. A 6dB/Octave crossover circuit is used on the woofers and tweeter.
- IMPORTANT NOTE - The COVO-S is a passive bookshelf speaker and requires connection to an amplifier or home theater receiver. It cannot be connected directly to a turntable, smartphone, or computer.
- Versatile setup with speakers that connect easily to computers and other devices via Bluetooth wireless or 3.5mm cable
- Logitech Easy-Switch technology lets you seamlessly switch between audio devices Just by pausing the Audio on one device and pressing play on the other
- Each speaker has one active/powered driver that delivers full range Audio and ONE passive radiator that provides bass extension.
- On-speaker headphone jack Plus convenient controls for easy access to Bluetooth wireless pairing, power and Volume adjustments
- Works with Bluetooth enabled devices and any device with a 3.5mm input including a computer, television, smartphone, tablet and music player
- RECEIVER OR AMPLIFIER REQUIRED – Connect an amplifier or receiver to power these speakers to your taste. Bare wire or banana inputs. Speaker wires included.
- NOMEX DIAPHRAGM DRIVER – Deep and punchy bass response with the 4-inch Nomax diaphragm driver and a bass reflex port. 6 ohm impedance
- WALL MOUNTS – Built-in wall mounts on the speaker perfect for hanging on walls as side or rear surround speakers for a 5.1, 7.1 or 11.1 setup.
- SILK DOME TWEETERS – High quality 19mm (3/4 inch) tweeters reproduces crisp clear treble with much detail
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- 200 WATT POWER: Pyle’s 200-watt dual outdoor wall mount speaker system is what you need to listen to high-quality audio in your home, backyard, by the pool or patio outside! Includes (1) active and (1) passive 3.5” 3-way indoor outdoor speakers
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The weatherproof integrated loud speaker system is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including iPhone, Android, smartphone, iPad, tablet, PC, etc w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- SUPPORTS VARIOUS DEVICES: The white waterproof recessed marine speaker system has a built-in AUX 3.5mm input jack which allows you to connect external audio sources such as mobile phone, laptop, computer, MP3, and CD player
- 3.5” SPEAKER SYSTEM: The mountable speaker system features 3.5” aluminum injection cones subwoofer w/ 24 oz magnetic structure, 1.75” wide dispersion cones midrange, 1.0”' superior dome tweeters and a bass reflex vent for added bass response
- UNIVERSAL MOUNTING: The pair of speakers are stored in a rustproof heavy duty grill cabinet enclosure. Designed to be mounted horizontally or vertically on a wall, corner, ceiling. Include mounting plate bracket, 11.5' speaker wire and power adapter
- USB POWERED – For a reliable wired Plug-n-Play setup, you only need to connect the built-in USB power cable and the AUX 3.5mm audio cable to your PC
- 2 INCH DRIVERS – Dual passive bass woofers generate rich stereo 7W RMS speaker output (3.5W per speaker) to deliver unexpected oomph that will upgrade your computer's built-in speakers
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN – The cable connecting both compact-sized speakers gives each satellite up to 36" of separation from each other to allow flexible placement on desks with limited space
- METAL SPEAKER MESH – A space grey body combined with a metal speaker grill achieve sleek aesthetics with a durable material build for an appearance that can compliment any PC or Mac setup
- TECH SPECS – 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty | 7W RMS (3.5W x 2); 14W Peak | USB/AUX cable length: 5 ft | Audio input: 3.5mm | Frequency response: 120Hz–20KHz | Dimensions (each): 5.8 x 4.4 x 2.7 in
- Adopt STMicro TDA7498E chip to get clear audio sound, No pop, no audible noise, dead silent when nothing is playing through it.
- 160W X 2(4 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.04% THD), for outdoor/ bookshelf/ computer/ desktop /ceiling /floor standing speakers, can use iPod, Phone, MP3 players, TV, Echo Dot, CD players, or Streaming Media players as input.
- 2.0CH audio integrated amplifier, aluminum enclosed, small size, good looks, simple functionality, and excellent sound quality.
- Home small Hi-Fi amp, Exclusively designed for the customers who pursue HiFi sound.
- What You Get: TDA7498E amplifier x1, power adapter x1, AC cord x1, user manual x1, 18-Month global warranty, and 24-Hour quick customer service.
- High performance integrated 2.0 speaker system with unique design incorporating straight lines and smooth curves
- Each upper section of the speaker contains two 1½ inch midrange/ tweeters, and a 1½ inch x 3 inch passive radiator
- Each base section of the speaker contains a 3 inch woofer and a 3 inch passive bass radiator for maximum deep bass effect
- 3.5mm auxiliary input for audio connectivity
- Volume adjustment and power/standby control buttons
- High performance integrated 2.0 speaker system with unique design.
- incorporating straight lines and smooth curves.
- Each upper section of the speaker contains two 1 inch midrange/.
- tweeters, and a 1 inch x 3 inch passive radiator.
- Each base section of the speaker contains a 3 inch woofer and a 3 inch.
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials make this sub highly durable and FIT FOR EXTENDED USE
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly. Features continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover and 40-160 Hz (-3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for multiple subwoofers, make this sub cohesive and complete
What To Look For Before Buying Best Passive Computer Speakers
Before choosing a passive computer speakers, you should take the following considerations into account.
There are a few things you should consider before buying a passive computer speaker. Type of audio output device, desired listening area, noise level, and price are all important factors. However, here are some general tips to help buy the best passive computer speakers for your needs: Type of Audio Output Device: Some people prefer to use a speakerphone or speaker as their primary audio output device. This is because they want to be able to listen to their music while they work or do other chores around the house. Others may only have one audio input and don’t want to waste any sound outputting space with another audio input. If you have an iPhone or Android phone, you can use VoiceOver to control the sound coming out of your computer speakers. Dedicated Speakers: If you only have one audio input and don’t want to waste any sound outputting space with another audio input, then you may want to consider using a dedicated speaker instead of the computer’s built-in speakers. A dedicated speaker plugs into an outlet and outputs music uncolored like a headphones so it can easily be mixed in with other audio mixes. This is great if you live in a certain city or environment where
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Are Computer Speakers Active Or Passive?
Computer speakers are passive, meaning that they do not generate power and will only work with audio input.
Can I Use Passive Speakers With My Pc?
Yes, you can use passive speakers with your PC, but it is important that you purchase a speaker that is designed for this purpose.
Do Passive Speakers Sound Better?
Some people believe that passive speakers sound better than active speakers because they have a more natural and coherent sound. Passive speakers use an electrical signal to create sound, while active speakers use an acoustic signal. Some people also believe that passive speakers are easier to maintain because they don’t need to be patched up as often.
What Are Passive Speakers Used For?
Passive speakers are used to listen to music without beingeflected by the vibrations.
There are many great passive computer speakers on the market, but the best ones for any given situation will vary depending on your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a good all-in-one speaker that can play high-quality audiotracks and music, then an iPod nano or other miniaturized digital audio player is a good place to start.Otherwise, if you’re more interested in adding sound quality to specific activities or films over general audio playback, then a desktop speaker with built-in headphones or speakers is a better option.