Passive monitor speakers are loudspeakers that rely on an external amplifier to power them. This type of speaker is generally less expensive than an active monitor, and can provide a cleaner sound.
Here Are Our Top 10 Passive Monitor Speakers At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best passive monitor speakers and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Passive Monitor Speakers You Should Consider In 2022
- Package Includes: (2) Rockville RSM12P 12" 2-Way Passive Stage FloorMonitor Speakers Totaling 2000 Watt. (1) Rockville RPA5 1000 Watt Peak / 500w RMS 2 Channel Power Amplifier Pro/DJ Amp. Rockville RSM12P 12 1000 Watt 2-Way Passive Stage Floor Monitor Speaker. 250 Watt RMS / 500 Watts Program Power / 1000 Watts Peak. High power 12'' woofer with 2.5 KSV voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- Exclusive horn design delivers ultra-wide 70-degree x 50-degree sound dispersion. Extreme high power handling capability extremely loud. Superior sound quality with transparent tonal response. Frequency Response: 45Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 93dB peak. High-power 2-way pro sound stage monitor speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Wedge shaped enclosure provides the perfect angle for stage monitoring use.
- Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Great power to weight ratio. State-of-the-art 1'' titanium diaphragm compression horn driver for crystal clear high frequency reproduction. Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format Elliptical wave guide horn. Custom Molded Steel Grill. Ergonomically shaped handle for easy carrying and setup. Aviation Grade Black Carpet. Rubber Isolating Feet. Stage Monitor that can also be pole mounted. Sturdy pole socket
- 1 x 1/4" jack and 1 x Speakon input connector. 1 x 1/4" jack and 1 x Speakon thru connector. Impedance: 8 Ohm. Dimensions: 17.3 x 16.7 x 22 (L x W x H). Power Ratings: RMS Power Output: Stereo 8 Ohm: 2 x 125W. Stereo 4 Ohm: 2 x 250W. Bridged 4 Ohm: 1 x 500W. Peak Power Output: Stereo 8 Ohm: 2 x 250W Max. Stereo 4 Ohm: 2 x 400W Max. Bridged 4 Ohm: 1 x 1000W Max. Input Terminals: Combo jack (XLR and ) A & B inputs. RCA A & B Inputs. Output Terminals: Banana binding post speaker output
- Speakon output. XLR direct output. Features: Rockville RPA5 1000 Watt Peak 2 Channel Professional/DJ Rack Mount Amplifier. 2U rack space. Bridged and Stereo output switch makes this perfect for (2) subwoofer, (2) speakers, or (4) speakers. Built in crossover switch allows make this perfect for speakers, monitors, or subwoofers. Channel A & B Clipping Led Indicators. Channel A & B Separate Level Controls. Power, signal, overload, clipping, and protection LED indicators on front of amp
- Model: GH10M-Pair
- Contents: Pair of 10 Inch Wedge Floor Monitors
- Active / Passive: Passive
- Power Rating: 300 Watts RMS | 600 Watts Peak each
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- 8“ Passive 400 Watt 8 Ohm Lightweight DJ PA ABS Cabinet Speaker. Power Handling: 100 Watt RMS / 200 Watt Program Power / 400 Watt Peak. High power long-throw 8'' woofer with 2“ aluminum voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power. Stage floor or stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket.
- High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and play back applications. Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor. Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning
- Twist-Lock speakon input and output connections. Ultra-wide dispersion, 40° large-format horizontal wave guide horn molded directly into the cabinet. State-of-the-art 1.35'' Japanese made pure titanium-diaphragm compression driver for crystal clear high-frequency reproduction.
- Ergonomically shaped handle for easy carrying and setup. High-quality components and exceptionally rugged high impact ABS construction. Impedance: 8 Ohms. Frequency Response: 50Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 119dB peak / 116dB continuous
- The crossover in the SPG8 utilizes a Rockville's unique constant impedance circuit design. With equalization based on unique driver parameters and cabinet design properties the SPG speakers sound dispersion patterns match both the compression horn and woofers.
- 100 Watt power handling
- 5" Ceramic driver
- Freq. Response 150Hz - 15kHz
- Input connections: Two parallel 1/4" Jacks allow for daisy chaining
- 300 WATT POWER: These portable full range high powered bookshelf speakers have a maximum power output of 300 watt and 150 watt RMS so you can play your favorite tracks as loud as you want and with style. Comes w/ power cable
- HI-FI SOUND REPRODUCTION: These active + passive bookshelf speakers are equipped w/ 5.25" monitor speaker driver and 1" aluminum dome tweeter and feature 4-8 Ohm impedance / 50Hz-20kHz frequency response for full range stereo sound reproduction
- COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH: The stereo speaker system is compatible w/ bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works with devices like iPhone, android mobile phone, iPad, tablet, PC. Ideal for personal indoor home use or for outdoor DJ party
- CONNECTIONS: This bookshelf desktop speaker is equipped w/ RCA (L/R), Aux audio input and USB flash drive reader and supports MP3 digital audio file. Perfect for home theater, studio monitor, or computer desk applications
- REAR PANEL CONTROL: The audio processing bass reflex active bookshelf speakers is equipped w/ rear panel control center and built-in digital audio amplifier so you can easily adjust the bass, treble, and volume levels to your liking
- Make your vocals really cut through! Rated at 500 watts program and 1,000 watts peak power handling capability, the rugged, trapezoidal PV 12M is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
- The PV 12M can be angled at either 30 or 45 degrees from the floor in addition to being pole mounted.
- This two-way system features a 12" Sheffield Pro 1200+ premium woofer and a 14T 1.4-inch titanium-diaphragm compression driver (no piezos) coupled to a constant-directivity horn with our exclusive Sound Guard IV high-frequency driver protection.
- Two 1/4-inch, full-range parallel inputs allow easy daisy chaining.
- Top quality performance from a very affordable, low-profile stage monitor!
- Traditional passive loudspeakers - Passive old school speaker design, Simply drive power from your amplifier or receiver. Full range sound coverage with 3-Way tweeter, midrange and woofer configuration and internal crossover wiring system
- High quality - deluxe 6.5" Woofer with polypropylene coated Laminate cone, 2" Kapton voice coil, 4" Midrange with polypropylene coated Laminate cone, wide dispersion tweeter horn with optimized compression driver, banana plug and raw speaker wire inputs
- Portable and durable - high quality CARB compliant MDF wedge shape wood cabinet with black aviation grade Carpet, metal mesh grill, 1.375" Pole stand mount and handles. (H x W x D) 18.25" X 11.25" X 9.75", 45hz-20 kHz with 97dB at 8ohm
- System requirements - any amp or receiver with raw speaker wire or 1/4 inch jack outputs, power from your amp should be no less than 20 and no more than 1000 watts per channel, cables to connect your amp to the speakers. Use for DJ, PA, karaoke and live stage
- What's in the box - 2 Acoustic Audio by Goldwood PA-365X passive speakers, instruction manual
- The MB42 is a demonstration of our designers’ love for the classic compact bookshelf speaker. Handsomely styled with simple contours and modern design cues, the MB42 is easy to place and blends into any room or decor. Its enhanced audio capability makes it a great fit with a wide range of usage scenarios, including living room stereo, home theater surround sound, office background music, or computer desktop sound.
- Our design starts with carefully picked drivers that mesh perfectly in the critical crossover overlap region. It incorporates a balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass, and a high performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging. The drivers are housed in a ported enclosure that delivers extended bass response with low distortion. A simple yet effective 6db/Octave crossover helps the drivers blend together for a smooth tonal balance.
- The fabric front grills are easy to take off and put on. Leave them on for a classic look or take them off to show off the incredibly handsome drivers. Full size 5-way binding posts provide the full complement of speaker wire connectivity options. Hex screws are used throughout for assembly.
- Home Trial - Listen for yourself, try them in your home with your music. Place the MB42 along a wall or near a corner of the room for best results. They can be used on desks, book/wall shelves, or on speaker stands.
- Specifications: Woofer: 4" Carbon Fiber, Rubber Surround; Tweeter: 0.75" Silk Dome; Crossover: 6dB/Octave; Enclosure: Ported; Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz
Impedance: 4-8 Ohms; Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M; Power Handling: 75 Watts (Each); Dimensions: 9.5" (H) x 5.8" (W) x 6.5"
- This product uses the expensive ALPS 09 quadruple fully-balanced potentiometer, NEUTRIK XLR, Pro-Singnal RCA. Nobsound never be stingy in the components and materials of our products.
- This prodcut has a small size, while is still euipped with commonly-used interfaces. There is a selection switch which you can choose the fully-balanced or single-ended audio signal mode, as well as the output or input mode.
- This prodcut has no amplifying circuit and won't change the timbre. You can enjoy the most original sound of your active monitor speakers.
- Its clean black appearance suits for almost every usage scenarios.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a PASSIVE PREAMPLIFIER. It has NO amplifying circuit.
- Rockville RSM12P 12“ 1000 Watt 2-Way Passive Stage Floor Monitor Speaker.
- 250 Watt RMS / 500 Watts Program Power / 1000 Watts Peak. High power 12'' woofer with 2.5“ KSV voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power.
- Exclusive horn design delivers ultra-wide 70-degree x 50-degree sound dispersion. Extreme high power handling capability – extremely loud.
- Superior sound quality with transparent tonal response. Frequency Response: 45Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 93dB peak.
- High-power 2-way pro sound stage monitor speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Wedge shaped enclosure provides the perfect angle for stage monitoring use.
- Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Great power to weight ratio.
- State-of-the-art 1'' titanium diaphragm compression horn driver for crystal clear high frequency reproduction.
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format Elliptical wave guide horn. Custom Molded Steel Grill. Ergonomically shaped handle for easy carrying and setup.
- Aviation Grade Black Carpet. Rubber Isolating Feet. Stage Monitor that can also be pole mounted. Sturdy pole socket. 1 x 1/4" jack and 1 x Speakon input connector.
- 1 x 1/4" jack and 1 x Speakon thru connector. Impedance: 8 Ohm. Dimensions: 14.96“ x 15.83” x 22.95“ (L x W x H). Weight: 36.8Lbs
How To Choose The Best Passive Monitor Speakers
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best passive monitor speakers that meets your needs.
When buying a passive monitor speaker, it is important to consider what you are looking for. Here are some things to keep in mind: 1. Size and portability – Obviously, the smaller the speaker, the more portable it will be. It is also important to consider whether you want a speaker that can be placed on a desk or mounted on a wall. 2. Sound quality – Most passive monitor speakers offer good sound quality for the price range. However, if you are looking for exceptional sound quality, you may need to spend a little more money. 3. Features – Some passive monitor speakers offer features such as digital input or output, built-in amplification, or Bluetooth connectivity. Consider what features are important to you before making your purchase.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Passive Monitor Speaker?
A passive monitor speaker is a type of loudspeaker that does not require an amplifier or power supply. Passive monitors are typically used in applications where low-level sound output is not a priority, such as ambient listening or in-house use.
Can You Use Passive Speakers As Monitors?
Passive speakers can be used as monitors, but they may not provide the best sound quality.
Are Monitor Speakers Active Or Passive?
Active monitors produce sound themselves while passive monitors allow the audio from your computer or other audio device to be heard through them.
How Do I Power My Passive Monitor Speakers?
To power passive monitor speakers, you will need to connect the speakers to an amplifier or receiver.
Passive monitors are an affordable way to improve your home theater experience, and they work well with most systems. They often provide a more accurate sound than active speakers, and they’re typically easy to set up and use.