A portrait lens is a lens specifically designed for photographing portraits. It typically has a focal length of 85mm or longer, which produces a flattering perspective for portraits by compressing the features of the face and producing a slight blur in the background.
A Shortlist Of The Best Portrait Lens For Canon Crop Sensor
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Portrait Lens For Canon Crop Sensor People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- EF-S series macro Lens with built-in macro Lite
- Bright f/2.8 aperture and 35mm standard angle of view
- Hybrid image stabilization
- High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400x1.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps electronic (silent) shutter.
- Dual pixel CMOS AF covering approx. 100% area with 1,053 AF areas.
- Subject tracking of people and animals using deep learning technology.
- Dual Memory Card Slots
- Compatible with RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- - 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- - FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- - Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that's why it shows "NO LENS ATTACHED", please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- - Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
- Minimum focusing distance 28 cm/ 11.0 in. USB Dock compatible, MC-11 compatible.
- Available in Canon EF (EF-S), Sony Alpha (dot), Nikon f (DX) mounts
- 0.23 optical Zoom
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95% viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
- View-angle Coverate：Diagonal 63 Degree/Vertical 38 Degree/Horizontal 54 Degree.
- Lens structure: 5 sets, 7 pieces
- Minimum aperture: f/22, minimum focusing distance: 0. 25M/ 0. 8ft, maximum magnification: 0. 23x.
- Filter Diameter / Quantity Available: 52mm / 1, Maximum Diameter and Length: 73*59mm.
- Support Auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) mode.
- Stunning resolution: world’s first 61MP full-frame 35mm back-illuminated Exmore R CMOS Image Sensor. The product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie
- High speed: up to 10Fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking; 26. 2MP in APS-C crop mode
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus: 567 Phase detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points to cover more area
- Advanced subject recognition: real-time tracking and real-time eye AF for humans, animals and movies
- Accurate color reproduction: 15-stop dynamic Range at low sensitivities for greater Color accuracy
- Incredible detail: see fine details with area specific noise reduction from Sony BIONZ x processor
- 4K video: full pixel readout without binning in super 35mm mode; S log and HLG recording features
- Electronic viewfinder: compact cameras with a high resolution 5. 76 million dot UXGA OLED true-finder
- Specs: 14-bit raw output, is 50-102400, wireless PC remote function, max 5GHz Wi-Fi, FTP transfer
- In the box: Power cord, battery, cable Protector, Charger, strap, body/shoe Caps, eyecup, USB cable
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Portrait Lens For Canon Crop Sensor
Not every portrait lens for canon crop sensor comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
When buying a portrait lens for a Canon crop sensor camera, the key specifications to consider include focal length, aperture, and field of view.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Is Crop Sensor Good For Portrait Photography?
Crop sensor is good for portrait photography because it allows the photographer to frame the picture more tightly by excluding the background.
Does Canon Make Crop Sensor Lenses?
Canon does not make crop sensor lenses.
Which Canon Lens Is Good For Portrait Photography?
A 50 mm prime lens is typically good for portrait photography because it offers a good balance of portability and performance. This lens is also often excellent for shooting close-ups as well as wide shots.
What Lens Is Equivalent To 50Mm On Crop Sensor?
A 50mm lens on a crop sensor is equivalent to an 85mm lens on a full-frame sensor.
For Canon crop sensors, lenses with focal lengths of 24-70mm and 70-200mm are the best portrait lens options. These lenses provide good image quality and are well-suited for capturing simple portraits.