Purple martins are migratory birds that spend their summers in North America and their winters in South America. They live in colonies and prefer to nest in man-made structures, like purple martin birdhouses.
Which Are The Best Purple Martin Birdhouses From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best purple martin birdhouses and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Purple Martin Birdhouses You Should Consider In 2022
- Package offers all you need to invite martins into your yard
- Plastic, 12 room house offers plenty of room for martins
- Triangular, telescoping pole inserts through the home
- Included decoys aid in attracting martins
- Book offers in depth information on the birds
- Single gourd
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight, off-white plastic gourd reflects heat
- Starling-resistant entrance hole installed and can be removed if not needed
- Rain deflector on the entry hole and drainage hole in bottom
- Mounting instructions and hardware included
- RECTANGLE HOLE ENTRANCE BIRD FEEDER: Rectangle hole with extra-wide entrance used by traditional Purple Martin landlords. Porch allows for easy entrance for this hole shape and place to perch above. Gourd also has two mini-canopies for vent holes that add decorative element and protect from the rain. Designed UV protected polyethylene horizontal gourds. Its opaque, high-density polyethylene plastic unpainted gourd houses are perfect for outdoors. The durable materials make for long-term use.
- DRIED GOURDS WITH CAP: Threaded access port covered by heavy-duty cap to access the gourd for nest cleaning. Holes allow for metal pins to book birdhouses to poles and larger gourd rack. Gourds should be hung high off the ground.
- HORIZONTAL STORAGE WITH RECTANGLE ENTRANCE: Rectangle hole with extra-wide porches and a perch on the neck above the entrance. Rectangle hole entrance used by traditional Purple Martin landlords. Porch allows for easy entrance for this hole shape. Gourd also has two mini canopies for vent holes that add decorative element and protect against the rain.
- PURPLE MARTIN GOURDS BY RAVENOX: We have premium purple martin bird feeder and quality, hand-made gourds. There are different rack systems, parts and accessories that we have in our product lines to support a bird, pet or animal enthusiast. Horizontal arms of the deluxe gourd rack, expandable gourd rack or trendsetter gourd rack are also available.
- BIRD FEEDER 100% RISK-FREE: We are a USA, CERTIFIED, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Woman-Led business that offers a one-year, money-back guarantee on all Purple Martin bird house purchases.
- Specifically designed to mount S&K's most popular purple martin houses and racks
- Constructed of durable triangular aircraft aluminum
- Includes ground socket adapter for installation
- Triangular design made specifically for S&K martin houses
- Telescopes to 15ft
- 12 rooms
- Durable, long-lasting cedar construction
- Appropriately sized, Starling-resistant openings
- Features a top perch and railings
- Roof removes for cleaning
- Hope Through Work while Bringing Nature Closer. Heath partners with Next Step of West Michigan for our wooden bird houses and boxes. When you purchase these from Heath, you’re helping provide job skills training and employment to community members in West Michigan
- Aluminum martin house and decoys make a fantastic package
- Home can house up to 24 nesting pairs of martins
- Open center of the shelter accommodates a 1.25" outer diameter pole (not included)
- Not for use with a triangular pole, as items are not compatible
- Kit offers all you need to create a lovely martin house
- Plastic, S&K martin house resembles a barn
- Included, triangular pole runs through the house for support
- Included decoys help you attract martins
- Book offers you thorough martin information
- PURPLE MARTIN HOUSES: This "Coates Original" house, designed in the early 80's, has set the standard in the purple martin house industry! This spacious house has 4 floors and 16 rooms. Dimensions: 19” L x 14” W x 26” H
- INCLUDED COMPONENTS: The package includes all cool aluminum and stainless-steel construction, reflective roof, ceiling panel for proper ventilation, porch dividers, hinged clean out doors, guardrails, top perch, door plugs and an all-aluminum base plate.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The Coates Original Purple Martin Houses are constructed with cool aluminum and stainless-steel, making the houses resistant to corrosion and great for long-lasting outdoor use.
- MADE IN THE USA: This product is proudly made in America and manufactured in our Wisconsin facility.
- BIRDS CHOICE: We currently operate out of a 50,000 square feet manufacturing facility in Chilton, WI, employs 45 awesome team members, and remains committed to designing and creating the best darn products in our niches.
- Package includes a Cedar Martin House, Pole, CD, and Book.
- Heath Cedar Purple Martin House provides 12 separate, cozy apartments.
- Steel pole easily supports the home
- Read through the included Stokes Purple Martin Book for tips on caring for your birds.
- Included CD helps attract birds to the shelter
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Purple Martin Birdhouses
Not every purple martin birdhouses comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There are many different types of purple martin birdhouses on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which one is the best for you. Before you make your purchase, here are some tips to help you choose the perfect one for your home. First, consider what type of bird you want to attract. There are traditional purple martin houses that are designed for swallow birds, while other models are meant for other types of birds such as toucans or parrots. Second, think about your space. If you have a small yard or balcony, a small purple martin house may be the best option for you. On the other hand, if your space is larger, consider investing in a bigger model that will accommodate more birds. Third, consider the price range. There are affordable purple martin birdhouses available that will serve as a home for just a few birds, while more expensive options offer more features and accommodations for more birds. Finally, review customer ratings and reviews to get an idea of what others have thought about the particular model that you’re interested in. This will help you make an informed decision about which purple martin house is right for you!
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind Of Birdhouse Do Purple Martins Like?
Purple martins are attracted to birdhouses that are placed in trees.
Do Purple Martins Live In Birdhouses?
Yes, purple martins live in birdhouses.
How Do You Attract Purple Martins To A Birdhouse?
One way to attract purple martins to a birdhouse is to put fresh, purple flowers in the birdhouse.
How High Should A Purple Martin Birdhouse Be?
A purple martin birdhouse should be at least 18 inches off the ground.
The purple martin birdhouse is a must-have for any bird lover. This beautiful house will attract these birds to your property, and they will enjoy spending time in it!