Sofrito is a sauce used in Caribbean and Latin American cuisine. It is typically made from a variety of herbs and spices, such as cilantro, garlic, onion, and peppers. Sofrito can be used as a condiment or a marinade, and is a key ingredient in dishes like mofongo and paella.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each product with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Sofrito Sauces People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- HOW IS IT PREPARED? Is made by first low frying garlic and onion pieces in our Extra Virgin Olive Oil with spices and then adding naturaly grown red pear tomato puree.
- Ingredients: Read pear tomatos, onios, Castillo de Piñar Olive Oil, garlic, sea salt and sugar.
- DAILY USES IN YOUR KITCHEN Our traditional Sofrito can be eaten with rice or eggs and is often used as an ingredient in other dishes, such as the filling for empanadas, with Pasta, white rice, over fryed eggs or in Paella; it can even be used as a dip. Our unique Tomate Sofrito Casero embraces the heritage of Spanish culture with our home-style cooking, our use of all natural ingredients and an infusion of the robust flavored Castillo de Piñar Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- MSG Free, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
- PURE LATIN FLAVOR: Our heritage-based recipe uses only real, nourishing ingredients for pure Latin flavor. It's ready to cook-up in classic dishes or be enjoyed by the bright & savory spoonful. Plus it's shelf-stable for easy pantry storage.
- HOW TO USE: As a cooking base with soups, stews, beans and rices. As a sauce or marinade with your favorite protein. As a drizzle, dip or finishing sauce with veggies, salads, tostones, eggs or tofu.
- REAL INGREDIENTS, REAL COLOR, REAL FLAVOR: 100% vibrant & pure, our Sofrito is made with organic spices (black pepper, oregano, and turmeric), fresh ajicitos and culantro, plus tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic and sea salt.
- DIETARY INFORMATION: Non-GMO, Vegan, Plant-based, Gluten Free, No artificial ingredients, colors or fillers, No preservatives.
- FEEDING TRADITION: Loisa is a purpose-driven company set on feeding tradition with better quality Latin foods and flavors. And we're just getting started.
- KEY INGREDIENT FOR AUTHENTIC PAELLA: Add to your paella pan just prior to adding the rice and other ingredients.
- HANDMADE WITH TIME: This gorgeous Matiz Sofrito is made with tomatoes that are slow roasted in olive oil for over three hours allowing you the perfect paella in much less time.
- FAMILY RECIPE: This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation and rely on fresh local produce. The first of the family sauces to be shared with “outsiders” hit the market in 1989, and in 2000 the family company was able to open their first production plant to keep up with market demand while retaining all of the flavor and quality of those home-made farmstead sauces.
- OTHER USES TOO: It’s ideal as a sauce for meats, fish, eggs, and pasta, bruschetta, bases for soups, and makes a great base for cioppino
- EASY TO PRONOUNCE INGREDIENTS: Tomatoes, Cane Sugar, Olive Oil, Onion, Garlic and Salt
- 14.1 oz. can
- 12 cans
- ❤️ The smoky, nuanced spices of Spain, the bold and bright flavors of Mexico, the clean and simple cuisine of Costa Rica and, definitely, the sassy sazon of the Dominican Republic. We simply couldn’t decide on a favorite, so we created a thick, rich flavor base that capture bold tastes from each vibrant cuisine.
- 🥁 Think of Mesa de Vida as an amped up sofrito, and an alternative to dried out, salty spice blends, in one. You'll get fresher flavor with our versatile cooking base that will help you bring life to everything you make with it!
- 💯 Add exciting Latin-inspired flavor to anything you make! Use convenient Mesa de Vida Latin cooking and seasoning sauce to kick your tacos up a notch, as the all-in-one flavor base for your take on Spanish rice, huevos rancheros, Chile Colorado, paella or arroz con pollo.
- 🎯 It's a tasty simmer sauce for pulled chicken or our take on pork carnitas, the base for the easiest and most delicious starter sauce for Mexican Pozole and Tortilla Soup recipes, and so much more. With so many uses for quick and easy dinners, keep this sauce on hand as your go-to starter for dinner several nights a week.
- 🏋️♀️ Keto and Paleo Friendly: Gluten free, low-sodium and with no added sugar, our sauces are keto-friendly and will liven up your meals that everyone will enjoy. Make your ketogenic recipes creative and flavorful with our blend of premium ingredients, spices & herbs while staying on track with your healthy lifestyle.
- Cooking Tomato Base
- Can be use in Rice ,Beans ,Soups .Chile and Stew
- Artisan made
- Great base for paella
- All natural - No preservatives
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Sofrito Sauces
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best sofrito sauces that meets your needs.
There are many types of sofritos, but the three main types are white, red, and green. White sofritos are the most common type and are usually the size of achipotle. They are made from corn, wheat, and baking powder. Red sofritos are made from chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Green sofritos are made from sweetened condensed milk and baking soda.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Sofrito Sauce Used For?
Sofrito sauce is used as a dip and other toppings for Latino foods.
What Does Sofrito Consist Of?
Sofrito is a type of Mexican food that typically contains chili, cheese, and flour.
Is Sofrito The Same As Salsa?
Sofrito is a Spanish dish made from cooked white maize, red chili peppers, and various spices. It is typically served as a side dish with tacos or burritos.
What Is The Flavor Of Sofrito?
Sofrito is a Venezuelan dish made of black beans and corn.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best sofrito sauces will vary depending on the sauce’s main ingredients and desired flavor profile. However, some tips on choosing the best sofrito sauce might include choosing a sauce that is easy to make, has a complex flavor profile, or can be used as a topping for other dishes.