A cat scratching post is a post, usually made of wood or sisal, designed for a cat to scratch. While a cat scratch is normal behavior, it can damage furniture, draperies and other household items. A scratching post gives the cat an appropriate surface to scratch.
Which Are The Best Sturdy Cat Scratching Posts From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best sturdy cat scratching posts and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Sturdy Cat Scratching Posts You Should Consider In 2022
- HEALTHY SCRATCHING – This cat tower for indoor cats uses 3 large sisal rope scratching posts, each featuring a different color scheme or design, perfect to keep cats interested time and time again - or for households with multiple kitties
- HOURS OF PLAY – Cat activity trees with dangling toys stimulate your cat’s senses and natural instincts. Your kitty will be entertained for hours when they hunt, stalk, and bat at the sisal rope balls and toy mouse that hang from under the cat perch
- STURDY DESIGN – This quality cat tower is crafted with sturdy materials for a safe and healthy way for kitties to scratch while helping guard your furniture! The soft carpeted base and perch provide a cozy pad for kitty to rest after a long day of play
- COMPACT & ATTRACTIVE – The neutral tan color of the cat scratching post tower will complement any home décor. The vertical design of the small cat tree provides ample room to amuse more than one cat, yet its compact footprint can fit in any sized room
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: MDF, Sisal Rope, and 100% Polyester Carpet. Dimensions: (L) 15.75” x (W) 15.75” x (H) 19.25”. Care Instructions: Light Vacuum or Spot Clean as needed. Color: Natural Brown, Tan, and Cream
- 32″ height allows cats to stretch fully and tone muscles
- Sturdy 16″ by 16″ base eliminates tipping and wobbling
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally inspires scratching
- Superior to carpeted posts that may snag nail
- Assembles with two included screws
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: Screws And Dowels
- CAT SCRATCH POST – The tall cat scratching post helps to promote healthy claws for your favorite feline by removing debris and old layers of nails as they scratch. They also are great for your cat or kitten to use to stretch their muscles.
- SISAL BURLAP FABRIC – This cat post is made of sisal burlap fabric that provides cats with a healthy outlet for scratching instead of using furniture. The large square shaped base is covered in carpet and provides added stability while in use.
- DURABLE AND EASY TO ASSEMBLE – The scratch post is easy to assemble and can be ready for your cat or kitten to use in just minutes. This cat scratcher post is also durable, sturdy, and made of safe materials for your four-legged friend.
- COMPACT AND ATTRACTIVE – The neutral beige color of the cat scratch tower will complement any home décor. The vertical design of the cat tree provides ample room to amuse more than one cat, yet the compact footprint can fit in any sized room.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Sisal Burlap Fabric, Carpet, Wood. Base Dimensions: (L) 15.5” x (W) 15.5” x (H) 0.5”; Post: (L) 7” x (W) 7” x (H) 27.75”. Care Instructions: Light Vacuum or Spot Clean the Tall Scratching Post as needed. Color: Beige.
- Cute, Modern and Sturdy - Finally a cat scratch post that not only appeals to cats, but also blends in with any home decor and furniture
- Superior Quality - Unlike any other cat scratcher on the market, it is made of natural sisal which is a carpet-like material that can stand up to your cats' toughest play
- Protect Your Couch - You will find your cats spending hours climbing this cat tree, clawing it, playing with the dangling ball toy or just resting on the soft but sturdy base
- Easy to Assemble - This scratching post is out of the box and ready for you and your cats to enjoy in minutes.
- More than 10,000 Cats and cat owners have Approved!
- EFFECTIVE WAY TO KEEP YOUR CAT FROM SCRATCHING FURNITURE - cat scratch post tree will serve as a fun playground for pets and at the same time as their own scratching zone
- A LOT OF FUN ACTIVITIES - cat sisal scratching post is designed with two different captivating toys that will entertain your kitty whether it is a kitten or a senior cat
- NATURAL MATERIALS - the 22-inch cats scratching post tree is wrapped in sisal rope and plush - eco-friendly materials of the cat tree are absolutely safe for both people and pets
- STABLE BASE of the sisal pole for cats is made of thick pressed wood which provides reliability and stability of construction; FREE velcros will help to prevent spoiling the floor
- EASY TO SET UP - cat scratching posts require minimum assembling efforts; just screw all parts together, and kitten scratching post is ready to use (screws included).
- 【Unique Design】The enlarged tripod base of this cat scratching post (24" in diameter of the support area) makes this scratcher pole super sturdy for cats to climb. The plush covered pad is a nice place for the fur babies to nap. They are gonna love it.
- 【Quality】This tower cat scratcher is made of 3" thick cardboard tubes wrapped with natural sisal ropes and quality MDF covered with carpet. It makes your cats get an effective and satisfying scratch, protects your furniture from damaging by sharp claws.
- 【Toy Ball】The hanging plush toy plush ball provide hours of exercise & self-amusement for cats' health care and elimination of boredom and pet depression since the kitties can play alone when you are at home or not.
- 【Safe】Eco-friendly materials, safe for the furry babies to play with, perfect size for small kittens to large cats.
- 【Easy to assemble】with the included Allen Key, you can complete the assembly in minutes. Do it with your kids, enjoy the fun it brings.
- [Standard Full Stretch Post] - 29 inches / 74 cm Height, design for all size cats from kitten to adults, except huge ones.
- [Natural and Eco-Friendly] Scratching Post Tree is made with thick cardboard tube and wrapped with natural fibrous sisal; base tower are made with heavy chipboard covered with soft plush, safe and stable, avoid tipping and wobbling, provides reliability and stability, wooden material , handmade.
- Protect Furniture: The Scratch post attracts cats to play and scratch, natural sisal suitable for cat scratching, effectively prevent cats from catching your furniture.
- [Fun Fact] Plush Ball gives extra attraction to cat, cats play more happily,lead to full stretch for big cats, perfect for claw scratch.
- [Easy Assemble, Tools Inlcuded] Easy to assemble and disassemble, take only 3 steps, less than 4 minutes to install.
- NO MORE SCRATCHED FURNITURE - Save your couch and curtains from sharp claws! Our 20” tall kitty scratching post features natural sisal rope at the top of the pole, and strong carpet at the bottom and base. This means 2 textures to satisfy your pet’s natural need to scratch.
- DESIGNED FOR STURDINESS - Unlike most cat rope scratching post poles that easily tip and wobble, ours stands out with a 12” x 12” base made of heavy chipboard. This means it stays safely sturdy even as cats scratch and stretch. Recommended for smaller cats and kittens.
- DURABILITY MEETS EASY ASSEMBLY - A cat carpet scratching post as tough as your kitty’s claws. Handmade with tough sisal rope and durable carpet, the PAWBEE cat scratch post is built to last. And assembling it is a breeze. Just fix the included screws in under 3 minutes.
- HOURS OF PLAY - This is more than just a kitten scratching post, it’s a fun hangout your furball will love. Every cat’s scratching post comes with a dangling ball made of faux fur. Just place the cat scratching post tower in your pet’s favorite spot and watch them play in delight.
- MINIMALIST MODERN LOOK - You don’t need a bulky cat tower with scratching post to keep claws off your furniture. With a small footprint and timeless, neutral colors, this cat scratcher pole blends into any space. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now to get yours with the confidence of a no-hassle, money-back guarantee!
- The unique design of enlarged tripod base of this cat scratching post (23" support areain diameter) makes the pole super sturdy for kitties to climb. The carpet fabric covered pad is a nice place for the fur babies to nap. They are gonna love it.
- This cactus tower cat scratcher is made of 3" thick cardboard tubes wrapped with natural sisal ropes and quality MDF covered by carpet. It makes your cats get an effective and satisfying scratch, protects your furniture from damaging by sharp claws.
- The hanging plush toy plush ball provide hours of exercise & self-amusement for cats' health care and elimination of boredom and pet depression since the kitties can play alone whether you are at home or not.
- Eco-friendly materials, safe for the furry babies to play with, perfect size for small kittens to large cats.
- Easy to assemble - with the included Allen Key, you can complete the assembly in minutes. Do it with your kids, enjoy the fun it brings.
- Sturdy cat scratching post/cat furniture | Cat post measures 19L x 19W x 41H Inches
- Extremely durable, strong & thick cat scratching post | Great for large cats
- Cat scratching post features extra durable, thick & tough natural sisal wrapped cat post with sturdy base
- Sisal-wrapped supports provide a tough, resilient scratching post for your cat's scratching needs
How To Choose The Best Sturdy Cat Scratching Posts
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best sturdy cat scratching posts that meets your needs.
When looking for a sturdy scratching post for your cat, it is important to consider their size, material, and construction. Material: The most common types of posts are made from wood, but posts made from other materials, such as plastic or metal, are also available. Construction: Posts can be either solid or hollow. Solid posts are more sturdy and will last longer, but they can be difficult for cats to climb. Hollow posts are easier for cats to climb and may be more popular with pet owners who want to provide their cats with multiple scratching options. Size: Post size should fit comfortably in the space you plan to set it up in. Posts that are too large may not fit in some spaces and may become a nuisance to move around. Posts that are too small may not be able to support a heavy cat.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What Type Of Scratching Post Is Best For Cats?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual cat’s needs and preferences. Some cats may prefer a post with a soft surface that they can scratch and knead, while others may prefer something with a harder surface that they can use to sharpen their claws.
How Do I Make My Cat Scratching Post Sturdy?
There are a few ways to make your cat scratch post sturdy. One way is to put platforms at the top and the bottom of the post, so your cat can scratch on both sides. Another way is to add a layer of covering material, like carpet, over the posts.
How Long Should A Cat Scratching Post Last?
A cat scratching post should last around 6 months.
Is Jute Or Sisal Better For Cat Scratching Post?
While both jute and sisal are effective for cat scratching posts, sisal is generally seen as being a bit more durable.
If you are looking for a sturdy scratching post for your cat, the best option is a post made from wood. These posts are strong and can support your cat’s weight, making it easier for them to scratch and play. If you’re looking for something cheaper, a post made from plastic or metal may be a better option, but they will likely not be as sturdy.