The trombone is a brass instrument in the brass family. It is in the same family as the trumpet, horn, and tuba. The trombone is the largest and lowest-pitched instrument in the brass family.
Which Are The Best Trombones From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best trombones and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Trombones People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Excellent for student musicians: Crafted of highly durable brass with a range of features that foster great handling and playing, this tenor trombone from Ashthorpe was made especially for the beginner or student musician. However, musicians of any age will appreciate the fine functionality.
- Crafted of the highest quality: Ashthorpe is a premier maker of brass instruments, and the Ashthorpe Tenor Trombone is an excellent example of their dedication to quality, craftsmanship, and performance. Designed for students with great affordability, attention to detail, fine features, and supreme durability, this trombone will provide the perfect intro to playing a brass instrument.
- Produces brilliant sound: This tenor trombone was designed to offer excellent sound, volume, and pitch. Featuring a Bb key, .500-inch bore, 8-inch bell, and nickel plated hand slide providing a bright, penetrating sound, with a clean voice, and a smooth, accurate tone. The specifications of this instrument were designed to ensure beautiful tone and superb sound transmission.
- Brass body with two finish options: Boasting a flawless brass construction, the body of this trombone has been designed to ensure maximum durability and performance. It features a brilliant finish, in your choice of either gold lacquer or nickel plated, with magnificent shine.
- Complete instrument package: Sold in a beautifully-appointed package, the Ashthorpe Trombone includes a premium case for safe storage and handling. A polishing cloth, white gloves, slide grease, and piston oil are also part of the package, ensuring proper maintenance and care are utilized to ensure long-lasting enjoyment of this brass instrument.
- This Shirt features a trombone and bold text I play heavy metal. It makes a great for someone who is a brass wind player.
- Perfect for a person who plays in a college or school band.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- SAVE MONEY by making your trombone last longer and look better
- STOP WORRYING about how dirty, smelly, and gross your trombone is
- Make your trombone PLAY and SOUND BETTER by keeping it clean
- LEARN HOW to clean your trombone like a pro with included instructions
- MAKE OTHER people think "Why is that trombone so clean?!"
- ✨DESIGNED FOR BEGINNERS — Designed for beginners and students, with Eastar patent-designed keys, durable and easy to use. The shoulder pad helps stabilizing the trombone during playing. Also easy to clean and maintain for daily use.
- ✔️RELIABLE MATERIAL — The ETB-330 trombone has a high-quality brass-made body and 13.4mm diameter & 206mm horn mouth for stable vibration and stronger penetration.Two layers of coating tubes, wear-resistant and durable design.
- 🎵WONDERFUL SOUND — Eastar ETB-330 trombone is an obvious choice for beginners, for its clean voice, accurate tone, bright and penetrating sound for daily practice, studio recording, or onstage performance. Also band-approved in School.
- ❤️ELEGANT DESIGN — Made with thickened lacquering process, the appearance of this slide trombone is shiny and elegant in design, Laser-engraved logo of Eastar, high-quality assured. Great choice as gifts for beginners and students to play.
- 🎁COMES WITH EVERYTHING NEEDED — The package includes Eastar ETB-330 trombone, white gloves, cleaning kit, 7C mouthpiece, hard case and a 12-month product warranty backed up by our awesome customer support team ready to help.
- A must-have musical instrument for students, music instructors, and beginners of all ages. This junior trombone doesn't fall flat!
- These beautiful brass trombones are crafted with a .500” medium bore and an 8” bell to create a sonorous, full-bodied sound.
- Our premium band & orchestra musical instruments have a silver-plated mouthpiece, with smooth action slides for tuning and note changes.
- Your B Flat tenor slide trombone care kit includes a pocketbook, a plush-lined hard carry case, white gloves, and cleaning accessories.
- A truly inspirational gift for any loved-one, these elegant instruments come with everything they'll need to bring harmony to your household or marching band
- Practice anywhere, any time! Other people hear practically nothing, but you can hear yourself playing at full volume.
- The SILENT Brass system combines a high-performance practice mute with a built-in microphone that plugs into a receiver unit. With headphones connected, you'll hear yourself playing clearly.
- The mute offers superior muting performance, excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability.
- Brass Resonance Modeling technology makes the sound you hear through the headphones incredibly realistic, almost as if you didn't have a mute at all.
- By connecting to a portable audio player or smart phone with audio playback capability, you can play along with your favorite tunes or practice with popular "minus-one" backing tracks.
- Gold lacquer B Flat tenor brass slide trombone - Mainly crafted by gold brass while the tuning slide is made from chrome finished cupronickel. Costzon B Flat Tenor Slide Trombone meets and exceeds school standards providing great intonation, comfort, and mechanical reliability.
- Its excellent slide action allows for smooth note changes in all registers, while its small bore makes it the ideal instrument for a beginning student or jazz musician.
- SMOOTH OPERATION - Balanced weight distribution and standard cupronickel mouthpiece provide more comfortable hand positions and smooth airflow.
- SWEET ACCESSORIES - Comes with white gloves, a cleaning cloth, mouth piece and hard-shell case which has several different storage compartments. The case is accessible to wear like a back pack and it is nice and light weight unlike older models.
- Whether you want to buy a trombone for yourself or for your friends or others, this trombone is a good choice for its high quality and cost effective price.
- Broadway Gifts
- Gold Trombone with Case and Stand Instrument Replica Mini Figurine 5.5 Inch New
- Brand New in Original Packaging
- My Kind of Slider is the perfect t shirt for a trombone player, musician, conductor, band member, band leader or music teacher that also likes a trombone, trumpet, saxophone, flute or tuba. Great birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day or anytime gift.
- Suitable for any musician or non musician to wear to school, college, band practice, concerts, music festivals, music shops, or record stores. It's a great gift idea for band nerds, music teachers, band leaders, or professional musicians.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Trombones
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best trombones that meets your needs.
When looking for the best trombones, there are a few things to consider. The size of the instrument, the type of sound it produces, and the price. Additionally, some factors to look out for when purchasing a trombone include the brand, type of wood used in the construction of the instrument, and how well it has been cared for.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does A Trombone Cost?
A trombone can cost anywhere from $100 to $1,200.
Are There Different Types Of Trombones?
There are three types of trombones: the alto, the tenor, and the bass. Each type has its own unique sound and properties.
Are Trombones Hard To Learn?
There is no one answer to this question as it depends on the person’s skill level and experience. Some trombone players may find the learning process relatively easy while others may find it more difficult. Generally speaking, it takes a lot of dedication and practice to be good at playing the trombone.
How Much Does A Real Trombone Cost?
A real trombone costs around $1,000.
There is no one “best” trombone, as each instrument has its own unique features and capabilities. However, some instruments that may be considered good options for trombone players include the oboe, contrabassoon, and tuba.