The Canon EOS 7D Mark II is a 20.2 MP digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR) made by Canon. Released in October 2014, it is a replacement for the EOS 7D of 2009.
A Shortlist Of The Best Wildlife Lens For Canon 7D Mark Ii
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each item with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Wildlife Lens For Canon 7D Mark Ii People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- EF Mount; Aperture Range: f/4-45; DC Autofocus Motor; 4.9' Minimum Focus Distance; 58mm Filter Thread Diameter
- 4.9-foot closest focusing distance; 32- to 8-degree diagonal angle of view
- Measures 2.8 inches in diameter and 4.8 inches long; weighs 16.8 ounces
- Improved mechanism makes zooming smoother; front part of zoom ring sports silver ring.
- ★ JINTU 420-800mm MF Super HD Telephoto lens, Solid Construction with full metal body, Small size 10.6 x 3.5 x 3.5 inch, lightweight 700g=1.8LB, easy to carry to anywhere.
- ★ Ultra high definition image quality .with Japan design, Multi coated low-dispersion glass. The surface of the lens body is oxidized to prevent paint loss and wear resistance
- ★ No working with canon Eos mirrorless cameras, only Compatible with DSLR cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T7, T6i, T6s, T7i, SL1, SL2, EOS60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 50D, 40D, 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II fit any Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- ★ Perfect for the wildlife or nature photographer who wants to be hidden while taking photos of the subject. Best choice for small or distant subjects when large heavy primes are impractical, ranging from birds and wildlife, through sports, to moon and the like
- ★ 2 Years Warranty. NOTE: This is a manual lens, NO auto focus, your camera will show "lens not attach", but not defect. pls change camera setting work as following : 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- Compatible with the following cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 60D, EOS 70D, EOS 77D, EOS 80D, EOS 90D, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
- High-power 420MM-800MM telephoto focal length
- Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Canon EOS SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1600mm
- [Photography Accessories] No App Required,wait for 5s after plugging to device, click 'Photos' APP and find 'Import', transfer video or photos from memory card to your phone or other device.
- [High Speed Transmission] High speed data transmission can reach 14MB/s~16MB/s. Easily and quickly transfer photos/videos to phone or other device and share images/videos of your camera to social media anywhere.
- [Wide Compatibility] Compatible with iPhone/ iPad, Secure Digital (Standard SD/SDHC) memory card, Micro SD card and CF card (max 256GB). It is not support Wi-Fi SD card.
- [Easy To Share] Easy to download photos/videos from digital camera to your phone or other device and share them with your family and friends.
- [Two-way Transfer] Two-way transfer suitable for iOS 13-iOS 15 device. Import data from SD/TF/CF card to phone, or export the file from phone to SD/TF/CF card. Include Word, Power point, Excel, PDF, etc.
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilization for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of shake correction. Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using EOS 7D at focal length of 250 millimeter (400 millimeter in 35 millimeter equivalence).
- One UD lens element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- New six-group zoom system provides a compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end.
- Minimum focusing distance: 2.79 feet; 0.85 meter (full zoom range).
- Kit Inlcudes lens, lens cap E-58II, lens dust cap E, instruction book, warranty card
- OPTICS - A super multi-layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery.
- SUPER RANGE - Manual focus 500mm or 1000mm with the 2x converter, this lens is not only a superb long-range choice but also performs well in a variety of scenes from sports to surveillance to everyday shooting. Feel free to explore the capabilities of this lens.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION - Full metal body and rear t-mount allow this lens to withstand wear and tear much better than plastic lenses while commanding a rugged, solid feel when using.
- TRIPOD MOUNT - A built-in, rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- COMPATIBILITY - Can be used on all Canon EOS EF-Mount full frame and APS-C cameras including 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 7D, 6D, 5D, 1D, Rebel T8i, T8, T7i, T7s, T7, T6i, T6s, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, SL3, SL2, SL1, 4000D, 2000D, 1300D, 1200D, 1000D, 850D, 800D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, 250D, 200D and 100D.
- User Instruction: This is a MANUAL lens, no electronic contacts, that's why your camera will not recognize the lens, it requires full manual settings on camera & lens body., please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M); 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable; 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- Fine tune the front focusing ring to make subject in-focus and take a sample picture. If the picture turns out dark, take the following steps to improve, 1. Lower the shutter speed, from 1/500s down to 1/100s or slower 1/50 etc; 2. Raise the ISO Number, from ISO 100 to ISO 200/400/800 etc; 3. Use a remote shutter release and tripod to increase image stability; 4. Switch position to allow more environmental light coming through the lens into the camera imaging sensor.
- Multi coated low-dispersion glass, anti-reflection coating, manual focus telephoto zoom lens to use with DSLR SLR cameras.
- ADVANCED OPTICS / SUPER ZOOM / SOLID FULL METAL CONSTRUCTION / MANUAL FOCUSING
- 420-800mm f/8.3-16 Manual Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc
- Lightweight and compact in construction for higher useability
- Water and oil repellent coating on front glass element makes maintenance of the lens surface
- Filter Size: 95mm
- Minimum focusing distance : 280 cm/110.2 inches, focal length :150-600mm
- This Al’s Variety Lens Bundle Includes: .43x Wide angle 58mm Threaded Auxiliary Lens, 2.2x High Def Telephoto 58mm Threaded Auxiliary lens , Lens Hood 58mm Threaded , 3 Piece Filter Kit , 4 piece Macro Close-up Kit , Lens Pouch, Cap Keeper , Lens Brush Pen, Lens Dust Blower, and a Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens - EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format,Aperture Range: f/4 to f/45,Super Spectra Coating,DC Micro Motor AF System,7-Blade Diaphragm
- DC micro motor autofocus system is quick and pairs with an electromagnetic diaphragm to complement photographing at fast continuous speeds.
- Designed For Use With : Canon EOS 1D C, EOS 1D X, EOS 1D X Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 5DS ,EOS 5DS R, EOS 6D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 70D , EOS 77D , EOS 7D Mark II , EOS 80D, EOS C100, EOS C100 Mark II , EOS C200, EOS C200B , EOS C300 , EOS C300 Mark II, EOS C500, EOS C700, EOS C700 FF , EOS Rebel SL1 , EOS Rebel SL2 , EOS Rebel T5 , EOS Rebel T5i , EOS Rebel T6 , EOS Rebel T6i, EOS Rebel T6s , EOS Rebel T7, EOS Rebel T7i, Eos Rebel T8i
- As Well As :ARRI ALEXA Mini ,Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera , Blackmagic Design Production 4K ,Blackmagic Design URSA 4.6K ,Blackmagic Design URSA 4K , Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4.6K ,Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4K ,Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K ,Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 ,Panasonic AU-EVA1 ,Panasonic VariCam LT ,RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC2 BRAIN ,RED DIGITAL CINEMA EPIC-W ,RED DIGITAL CINEMA RAVEN ,RED DIGITAL CINEMA SCARLET-W
- 24 70 millimetre focal length, 38.4 112 millimetre equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimetre filters, closest focusing distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
- Image Stabilization : No. Focus adjustment: Inner focusing with USM. Diagonal angle of view: 84° - 34°. Weight 1.7 pound
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
What To Look For Choosing The Best Wildlife Lens For Canon 7D Mark Ii
Before choosing a wildlife lens for canon 7d mark ii, you should take the following considerations into account.
When buying a wildlife lens for your Canon 7D Mark II, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure the lens is designed for use with cameras like the 7D Mark II. Next, make sure the lens has a wide aperture (f-number) range so you can capture photos and videos of animals in low-light conditions. Finally, make sure the lens has a good zoom range so you can get close to your subject without having to move too far away.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Is Canon 7D Mark Ii Good For Wildlife Photography?
Yes, the Canon 7D Mark II is a good wildlife photography camera. It has a high resolution sensor and an efficient autofocus system that make it easy to capture clear images of animals in close quarters.
How Do I Setup My Canon 7D Mark Ii For Bird Photography?
To set up your Canon 7D Mark II for bird photography, you will need to download the Canon EOS Digital Photo Professional software, which can be found on the Canon website. Once you have downloaded and installed the software, open it and click on the “Setup” tab. On the “Setup” tab, you will need to select your camera’s language and country/region, as well as choose your camera’s firmware version. After that, click on the “Advanced” tab and select “Photo capture mode.” In Photo capture mode, you will need to choose “Bird,” as this is the mode that is best suited for capturing birds in flight. Finally, you will need to choose your lens options and shutter speed/apert
Does Canon 7D Mark Ii Have Live View?
Yes, the Canon 7D Mark II has live view.
Is Canon 7D Mark Ii Good For Astrophotography?
The Canon 7D Mark II is a great camera for astrophotography. It has a large sensor that can capture high-resolution images, and the camera has a number of features that make astrophotography easier, such as a crop mode and an accurate autofocus system. Overall, the Canon 7D Mark II is a great choice for amateur astronomers and astrophotographers who want to capture stunning images of the night sky.
If you are looking for a wildlife lens for the Canon 7D Mark II, the Tamron SP 15-30mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC USD is a great option. This lens has a wideangle lens design that will allow you to capture a wide range of wildlife in action.