Malt-O-Meal is a hot breakfast cereal made of toasted ground grain, malt extract, and wheat. It is often served with brown sugar, honey, or molasses.
How To Cook Malt O Meal
Malt-O-Meal is a hot cereal that can be made with water or milk. To make Malt-O-Meal, first bring the desired amount of water or milk to a boil. Next, add the desired amount of Malt-O-Meal to the boiling liquid. Stir constantly until the cereal is fully cooked. Serve hot with your choice of toppings, such as brown sugar, honey, raisins, or nuts.
– A pot or saucepan that holds at least 2 quarts of water – Measuring spoons – A colander – A large spoon – Malt o meal
- Measure out the desired amount of malt o meal to cook
- Stir in the malt o meal and reduce the heat to low
- In a pot, bring to a boil enough water to cover the malt o meal
– Boil water and pour over malt o meal in a bowl – Stir to combine and let sit for about 5 minutes to soften – Add desired amount of salt and stir again – Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until thickened
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Malt-O-Meal High In Sugar?
Malt-O-Meal is an American breakfast cereal company. It produces a variety of hot and cold cereals, including many flavors of oatmeal. Malt-O-Meal high in sugar? No, it is not high in sugar.
Does Malt-O-Meal Have A Lot Of Sugar?
Malt-O-Meal doesn’t list the sugar content on their website, but they do have a “sweetened” variety which likely has more sugar than the unsweetened variety. One cup of the sweetened variety has 29 grams of sugar.
Is Malt-O-Meal Cold Cereal Healthy?
Yes, some malt-O-meal cold cereal varieties are healthy. They are typically low in sugar and calories, and may also be high in fiber and protein. However, some malt-O-meal cold cereals may also be high in sodium or unhealthy fats. So, it is important to read the nutrition labels carefully before purchasing a variety of malt-O-meal cold cereal.
Cooking malt-o-meal is very easy. Just put one part of malt-o-meal into three parts of boiling water, stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Makes about four servings.