Making kool-aid pickles is a fun and easy process that can be completed in a day. This recipe requires few ingredients and minimal preparation. The pickles are perfect for snacking or adding to salads or sandwiches.
How To Make Kool-Aid Pickles In A Day
Making Kool-Aid Pickles is a fun and easy way to make refrigerator pickles. You will need: a quart jar, 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of white vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed, 1/4 teaspoon of mustard seed, and 2 cups of kool-aid (any flavor). 1. Sterilize your jar in the dishwasher or in boiling water. 2. Mix
– 1 quart of pickling cucumbers (about 8-10), washed and sliced into thin spears – 1 cup white vinegar – 1/2 cup water – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 2 teaspoons kosher or pickling salt – 1/2 teaspoon celery seed – 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric – Kool-Aid packets (whatever flavor you want)
- Pour the vinegar and koolaid over the cucumbers, then add
- Pack sliced cucumbers into a clean, quart
- Sized jar
- Mix together pickling spice, sugar and salt in a small bowl
– Use fresh cucumbers for the best flavor. – Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds or spears. – In a large bowl, mix together kool-aid and water according to the package directions. – Add the cucumbers and stir to coat. – Let sit for at least an hour, stirring occasionally. – Pack the cucumbers into a jar and cover with the pickling liquid. – Let sit for at least a day before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do You Soak Pickles?
Typically, pickles are soaked in an acidic brine solution for a period of time that can range from a few hours to a few weeks. The soaking time affects the pickles’ flavor, texture, and overall quality.
How Long Does It Take To Brine Pickles?
It takes about 3-4 weeks to brine pickles.
How Long Is The Pickle Process?
The pickle process can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the type of pickles being made.
Making Kool-Aid pickles in a day is a fun and easy way to add a flavorful crunch to your sandwiches and salads. The process is simple; just mix together the Kool-Aid, vinegar, and sugar, then pour the mixture over cucumbers slices in a jar. Let the pickles sit for at least an hour so that they can soak up all of the delicious flavor, then enjoy!